Back to Six Sigma Principles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Six Sigma Principles by University System of Georgia

This course is for you if you are looking to learn more about Six Sigma or refresh your knowledge of the basic components of Six Sigma and Lean. Six Sigma skills are widely sought by employers both nationally and internationally. These skills have been proven to help improve business processes and performance. This course will introduce you to the purpose of Six Sigma and its value to an organization. You will learn about the basic principles of Six Sigma and Lean. Your instructors will introduce you to, and have you apply, some of the tools and metrics that are critical components of Six Sigma. This course will provide you with the basic knowledge of the principles, roles, and responsibilities of Six Sigma and Lean. Every module will include readings, videos, and a quiz to help make sure you understand the material and concepts that are studied. You will also have the opportunity to participate in discussions and peer review exercises to give you the opportunity to apply the material to your daily life. Our applied curriculum is built around the latest handbook The Certified Six Sigma Handbook (2nd edition) and students will develop /learn the fundamentals of Six Sigma. Registration includes online access to course content, projects, and resources but does not include the companion text The Certified Six Sigma Handbook (2nd edition). The companion text is not required to complete the assignments. However, the text is a recognized handbook used by professionals in the field. Also, it is a highly recommended text for those wishing to move forward in Six Sigma and eventually gain certification from professional agencies such as American Society for Quality (ASQ)....

PS
Sep 10, 2020

Great course for begineers!! I suggest this course to those who are new to industry and dont know anything! Concepts are very well explained! Thanks Coursera! Thanks NOVARTIS FOR SPONSORING THE COURSE

KS

This course gives you a good overview of why six sigma and lean are necessary. It also gives you an understanding of how team dynamics play important roles and how brainstorming is an effective tool.

76 - 100 of 1,221 Reviews for Six Sigma Principles

By Ahmet D

Nov 10, 2018

The course is very informative, very good designed and gives in insight of Six sigma and lean tools and methodology. The important thing is to read the book befor beginning the video. I learned a lot about.

By Steven H W

Apr 23, 2020

Not just insightful, but very beneficial for any and all people working in areas that requires total quality control and assurance, and the fundamental principles and tools that will assist in doing so.

By Mitesh r

this i quite a good course for beginers have some knowledge ! i hope to learn more and develop interest in this field ! to eradicate waste and improve company production as well ascustomer satisfaction

By Kandikonda R R S

By Nicolas E V G

Sep 19, 2020

Videos are highly useful, well explained and detailed. Although the book is a little more necessary than advertised, its absence can be compensated by reading from different sources on the internet.

By Rodolfo S M

Jul 20, 2020

Great Course, for me was an incrediable experience, I added-value to my background and I want to do the next programs courses. Good job Six Sigmas Program's staff. Tank you for this opportunity.

By SAGAR M B

Jun 2, 2020

It was Great Experience to Learn this type of Course. It will help me in future career as well as my knowledge. I hope that, this Certificate will increase my CV weight. Thank You...

By Josué F R

Oct 13, 2020

The course covers all the have-to-know concepts, trends, and philosophies for those who have never worked with quality methodologies and terminology.

I highly recommend this course.

By Desmond L

Jun 23, 2020

Good insights. There are some errors however that need to be review. The final quiz second question has a wrong answer. If you select the wrong answer you get hundred else its 80.

By Lorraine

Jul 23, 2020

It was like truly undergoing a Six Sigma Training! Very informative and compared to another Yellow belt training offered on Udemy, this was way more informative and effective.

By Srishti K

May 4, 2020

Amazing course and the collaboration needed in the form of exercises and discussions was really good in helping build active study of the course rather than just theoritical.

By Shrishti S

Aug 8, 2020

It's really a great course with lot of knowledge for the beginners. Those who are new to the concepts of Six Sigma.....yes I recommend this course to all of you guys...!!!

By Luis A G M R

Apr 29, 2019

Very good course. I really enjoyed it. I was really able to compare what I learned in school and what some companies may use to understand their Six sigma principles.

By Akshay D

Sep 10, 2020

The course was awesome except last week lean methods should be explain in detail like kan ban methodology,Otherwise it was excellent .I enjoyed a lot learning here.

By Daniela F L

Jul 13, 2020

This course has allowed me to know definitions and methodologies applicable to my quality work area, to improve processes and follow up. Excellent teaching strategy

By Paulo V C

Dec 29, 2020

Todo el material que se presentó en el curso es excelente, los expositores, ejemplos, pruebas, todo acorde al curso. Muy satisfecho con el resultado y lo aprendido

By Dr. A A

Sep 29, 2020

One of the excellent and best courses I attended, short, concise and straight to the point. Couldn't resist containing it till the finish. I strongly recommend it.

By HECTOR R V

Aug 14, 2020

Thank you so much., you will be sure that help me a lot to be a better Engineer., your work is really excellent and i am very grateful.

Thank you so much Coursera.

By Andrew Q

Jun 12, 2020

Good general overview. Order of quiz in the last section of week 4 was a bit out of order (quizzed on topics covered in later reading, Waste (Muda), specifically).

By Charles W

May 16, 2020

What I have learned from this course is what Lean/Six Sigma is and how to apply it to my current and future jobs. This course has prepared me well for the future.

By Amy T

Apr 16, 2020

Learned alot. Love the mixutre of reading, listening to videos, and projects. Provided for multiple ways to understand the concepts

Look forward to my next course.

By Natalia M

Aug 25, 2018

It was an incredible course. Having a lot of information, everything was very well explained

and very useful. I am very happy with the result. Thank you very much.

By Tiaan M

Mar 14, 2021

I actually use all of these methodologies in my day-to-day work the Technicalities are interesting it also gives one a different perspective on your operation.

By Bhaskar B

Feb 26, 2021

Exceptional knowledge been shared by the mentors through coursera. I had a great experience with Six Sigma Principles. Thank you soo much for this knowledge :)

By Havisha G

Feb 20, 2021

Amazing program with interesting assignments and quizzes. I thoroughly enjoyed doing the course. Thanks to all the professors of the Kennesaw State University.