Back to Six Sigma Principles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Six Sigma Principles by University System of Georgia

This course is for you if you are looking to learn more about Six Sigma or refresh your knowledge of the basic components of Six Sigma and Lean. Six Sigma skills are widely sought by employers both nationally and internationally. These skills have been proven to help improve business processes and performance. This course will introduce you to the purpose of Six Sigma and its value to an organization. You will learn about the basic principles of Six Sigma and Lean. Your instructors will introduce you to, and have you apply, some of the tools and metrics that are critical components of Six Sigma. This course will provide you with the basic knowledge of the principles, roles, and responsibilities of Six Sigma and Lean. Every module will include readings, videos, and a quiz to help make sure you understand the material and concepts that are studied. You will also have the opportunity to participate in discussions and peer review exercises to give you the opportunity to apply the material to your daily life. Our applied curriculum is built around the latest handbook The Certified Six Sigma Handbook (2nd edition) and students will develop /learn the fundamentals of Six Sigma. Registration includes online access to course content, projects, and resources but does not include the companion text The Certified Six Sigma Handbook (2nd edition). The companion text is not required to complete the assignments. However, the text is a recognized handbook used by professionals in the field. Also, it is a highly recommended text for those wishing to move forward in Six Sigma and eventually gain certification from professional agencies such as American Society for Quality (ASQ)....

PS
Sep 10, 2020

Great course for begineers!! I suggest this course to those who are new to industry and dont know anything! Concepts are very well explained! Thanks Coursera! Thanks NOVARTIS FOR SPONSORING THE COURSE

KS

This course gives you a good overview of why six sigma and lean are necessary. It also gives you an understanding of how team dynamics play important roles and how brainstorming is an effective tool.

101 - 125 of 1,302 Reviews for Six Sigma Principles

By Andrew Q

Jun 12, 2020

Good general overview. Order of quiz in the last section of week 4 was a bit out of order (quizzed on topics covered in later reading, Waste (Muda), specifically).

By Charles W

May 16, 2020

What I have learned from this course is what Lean/Six Sigma is and how to apply it to my current and future jobs. This course has prepared me well for the future.

By Amy T

Apr 16, 2020

Learned alot. Love the mixutre of reading, listening to videos, and projects. Provided for multiple ways to understand the concepts

Look forward to my next course.

By Natalia M

Aug 25, 2018

It was an incredible course. Having a lot of information, everything was very well explained

and very useful. I am very happy with the result. Thank you very much.

By Tiaan M

Mar 14, 2021

I actually use all of these methodologies in my day-to-day work the Technicalities are interesting it also gives one a different perspective on your operation.

By Bhaskar B

Feb 26, 2021

Exceptional knowledge been shared by the mentors through coursera. I had a great experience with Six Sigma Principles. Thank you soo much for this knowledge :)

By Havisha G

Feb 20, 2021

Amazing program with interesting assignments and quizzes. I thoroughly enjoyed doing the course. Thanks to all the professors of the Kennesaw State University.

By DhineshBabu G

Feb 5, 2020

A great learning experience where the topics are dealt in a detailed manner. we got the knowledge of fundamental principles of lean and six sigma methodology.

By Dina H

Feb 9, 2020

It was a pleasure to learn six sigma principles through professional professors.

The course was filled with helpful content to start your career in six sigma.

By Pola E A

Oct 26, 2020

really I happy to enroll in this course; I go much information and I used it in my work during learning this course also I will keep learning about six sigma

By James G

Aug 31, 2020

Good job, the concepts are very important to introduce u into the six sigma world, and leand to get the skills necesary and be a professional with this topic

By Nicolo' S

Sep 2, 2020

Good Theory, good explanation. Would have been useful to add more exercises in order to better understand all the Key concepts rather than only final test.

By Megh D

May 5, 2020

This is really a nice course for beginners in the Six Sigma World. Excellent videos, properly structured quizzes and assignment are the main strong points.

By shridhar d

Excellent Course! I like the course content it was in the structured form easy to understand. Explaining the content with the example was an amazing one.

By Nurain R

May 8, 2020

The course is very beneficial for those who wants to involved in manufacturing environment. The slides and explanation are simple and easy to understand.

By Sagar Y V

Jul 6, 2020

Really well explained videos with use to of great visual tools like tables, charts and pictures. Really benefited from videos of industry professionals.

By kumar k

It was really a great experience with different faculty of six sigma and i have understood all the points and will recommend my friends for this course.

By Tonatiuh Y C I

Apr 14, 2020

I think the tittle of this course is the key. It's a course where you are going to learn the basics of Six Sigma, it's an excellent start to this field.

By Dr. H R

Aug 29, 2018

Being a yellow belt, I remember the 6 sigma in processes and the different funders, and a few more things until I see all these in reality in a company.

By Gonzalo B

Jul 31, 2020

Excellent course, I could improve my knowledge about lean six sigma in an easy way, with useful and helpful examples in a manufacturing side. Thank you

By Harender P S

Aug 28, 2019

The course was well structured and comprehensive. Illustrations, examples and the reading material added to the improved understanding on the subject.

By Idania A R

Jul 10, 2020

Pretty good course. I learned a lot. The information provided was objective and the practice was aligned with the material to challenge our knowledge.

By Yhrino

Oct 24, 2020

Very usefull knowledge and tools to be able to make impact on current projects or job.

Thank you COURSERA for giving me the opportunity to learn this.

By Edith N

Apr 6, 2020

I have learnt a lot of information about lean tools and benefits. Examples are really useful to have a good comprehension in the real life.

By Irene A A

Dec 18, 2018

Great and highly recommend to all professionals who are looking to carry out process improvements in the sectors or industries they find themselves