Back to Presentation skills: Designing Presentation Slides

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Presentation skills: Designing Presentation Slides by National Research Tomsk State University

“Powerpoint slides are like children: no matter how ugly they are, you’ll think they’re beautiful if they’re yours” — Scott Adams, author of the comic strip “Dilbert”. Due to this cause or another, it’s a huge stress to look at most Powerpoint slides. Depending on the “design” skills of the speaker and audience’s taste slides create different emotions from a slight annoyance to physical sickness. But that is not the worst thing. The worst thing is that instead of improving the presentation such slides confuse the audience, distract it and finally oblige the speaker to explain them rather than being quite self-explanatory. The goal of this course is to change that by equipping learners with a set of tools to create simple, clear and aesthetic slides which improve the presentation of the speaker. The course covers universal design principles, templates, colors, typefaces, slides’ typography, use of photos and pictograms, composition rules and ways to create clear and meaningful charts and diagrams. This course is not a PowerPoint fundamentals course. You should have a basic knowledge of either Microsoft PowerPoint or Apple Keynote software. Don’t meddle, make your slides matter....

AG
Sep 30, 2019

Awesome course for everybody. This will help you put forward your points in a better way everytime and in any situation. It taught me simple tricks and list of todo's that one needs to keep in mind

ND
Oct 5, 2020

Really helped me understand some of the fundamentals of design. I did not realize the power of icons, tables, pics, and typography. I really enjoyed the teaching and how it taught me fluid design.

51 - 75 of 308 Reviews for Presentation skills: Designing Presentation Slides

By Nirmal K

Jul 11, 2020

Absolutely wonderful and Informative! I learned a lot about Presentations - speechwriting, delivery and designing slides. I think it is a must-take course for anyone who wants to be better at presentations.

By Elisa P

Nov 11, 2018

Outstanding course! Very complete information, backed up with data and useful practical tasks. I already dominated graphic design concepts but everything taught was extremely useful. Highly recommended!

By Nicholas D

Oct 5, 2020

By Ms. B P

Jul 24, 2020

It's very nice experience for me. Being a management student I have to learn some presentation skills and this course really help me. Thank you so much sir for giving me such a great opportunity.

By Karomat X

Nov 11, 2020

I really enjoved this course. Especially in the process of evaluating the work of classmates, I saw my own mistakes, and this gave me a very strong motivation. Thank you very much!

By Timo L

Great coach, I learned a lot of stuff, although I consired myself as experienced power point user before. Highlighy recommend it for everyone in business context. Many thanks Alex!

By Pablo B

Mar 28, 2018

Muy bien! I was afraid my english is not enough for this course but the teacher spoke very good english, I liked it. And the tasks were lots of fun! Thank you, professor Kapterev!

By Emmanuel C L

Mar 6, 2019

Este é um excelente curso. Ele dá diversas dicas, tanto estéticas quanto práticas, para construir uma boa apresentação de forma eficiente e gerando um resultado minimalista.

By debaleena d

Aug 23, 2020

Absolutely no-nonsense. Gathered some real skills. In fact, I am so impressed by Prof. Kapterev, that I have now joined the specialization itself. Thank you Coursera!!

By Dev A

Jun 21, 2020

Well paced, good assignment structure and relevant material for a skill that should be instilled in every presenter working in education, business or entrepreneurship.

By Anuforo N H

Jul 25, 2020

Great course! It was really fun! I will recommend this course to just about anyone. It really equips you not only to create better slides but to also design better.

By 吳乙瑩

Aug 27, 2018

As a non-designer, I do learn a lot from this course and that definitely will help me in the future! Many many thanks to the teacher for giving such a great course!

By Gaganpreet S W

Dec 30, 2019

Amazing course. The instructor is knowledgeable and lucid while the content is solid. The course has helped me improve my presentation skills by leaps and bounds.

By Huynh N M

Mar 11, 2020

This is very useful course with many practical exercises and assignment.

I got many new knowledge and could applying firstly via assignments.

Thank your very much!

By Manjit S

Jul 7, 2020

The best course if u want to improve ur presentation skills will open a lot of opportunities. Alexi explained things well. Open new opportunities to explore.

By Renata l d

Mar 15, 2018

Have done many training on how to present with power point- this one is far the best! What is even nicer is how much passion Alexey put in the work he does.

By Emil F

Jun 19, 2019

This course should be mandatory for anyone before that person is allowed to work in any job!

Great content, some key principles for working in PowerPoint.

By Vanshita

Jul 31, 2020

Great course! Presentation designing is an intricate task and this course has been a massive help in knowing the intricacies of text, images, icons, etc.

By aminiel

Apr 29, 2020

Great course, very clear and very good suggestions to think about designing and preparing for a presentation. The approach was simple but insightful.

By Angaro E

Sep 26, 2020

I loved this course..anyone who takes it seriously will definitely learn how to design far more professional and beautiful slides..I really had fun

By Yasir A

Jun 29, 2020

An excellent course for all those who want to master the skill of presentation.

The instructor is amazing with very clear examples and applications

By Bernard D V

Apr 17, 2019

Great course about presentation slides. The teacher is skilled and will help you to do better slides, it's very tangible and it's for everyone.

By SHEIKH A A J

Jul 3, 2020

A course that makes me able to create a functional & professional presentation slide with cost-effective. Thanks instructor, thanks Coursera.

By Turakulova M

Sep 14, 2020

The most informative and helpful course.

I am really grateful to our lecturer for such an amazing trip to the world of design through slides

By Angela E

Apr 2, 2019

Excellent course, the videos were interesting and entertaining to watch! I learnt some valuable skills which I will put into practice.