Back to Presentation skills: Designing Presentation Slides

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Presentation skills: Designing Presentation Slides by National Research Tomsk State University

“Powerpoint slides are like children: no matter how ugly they are, you’ll think they’re beautiful if they’re yours” — Scott Adams, author of the comic strip “Dilbert”. Due to this cause or another, it’s a huge stress to look at most Powerpoint slides. Depending on the “design” skills of the speaker and audience’s taste slides create different emotions from a slight annoyance to physical sickness. But that is not the worst thing. The worst thing is that instead of improving the presentation such slides confuse the audience, distract it and finally oblige the speaker to explain them rather than being quite self-explanatory. The goal of this course is to change that by equipping learners with a set of tools to create simple, clear and aesthetic slides which improve the presentation of the speaker. The course covers universal design principles, templates, colors, typefaces, slides’ typography, use of photos and pictograms, composition rules and ways to create clear and meaningful charts and diagrams. This course is not a PowerPoint fundamentals course. You should have a basic knowledge of either Microsoft PowerPoint or Apple Keynote software. Don’t meddle, make your slides matter....

AG
Sep 30, 2019

Awesome course for everybody. This will help you put forward your points in a better way everytime and in any situation. It taught me simple tricks and list of todo's that one needs to keep in mind

ND
Oct 5, 2020

Really helped me understand some of the fundamentals of design. I did not realize the power of icons, tables, pics, and typography. I really enjoyed the teaching and how it taught me fluid design.

51 - 75 of 350 Reviews for Presentation skills: Designing Presentation Slides

By Ram K M

Sep 3, 2019

Audited the course and I must say that I got to learn some minute details like selection of typeface, how to highlight the point and to keep it in focus.

Overall a good course. Wish I would have got a chance to enroll and get a certificate.

By shrikant n

Mar 23, 2020

Excellent course. My level before starting was till first lecture. The mote i watched, the more i came to know the various aspects of designing ppt. At the end of course i know what to do and where to find the resources. thanks a lot

By Nicole

Feb 28, 2019

I can't explain enough how much this course was helpful for a pptx amateur like me!! I'm very proud of what I learned by the end of the course, will revisit it later for sure. I highly recommend it for everyone, professional or not.

By Divyansh S

A highly useful course for beginners in designing slides through a professional outlook. This course has been well structured and designed to help you master the basics of creating slides and how you can excel in this skill.

By Olaide A

Jun 1, 2020

AM GRATEFUL FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO LAERN AND UP MY SKILL IN PRESENTATION ,DESIGNING SLIDES AND THE DELIVERY PART OF PRESENTATION ON COURSERA.IT HAS BEEN A VERY FRUITFUL AND WORTHWHILE VENTURE BECAUSE I HAVE LEARNT A LOT

By Yingqing S

Feb 5, 2021

Great Course! ! It is such a fun course to take and this is my first course which I learned systemically on presentation slide design. I felt that my slides looked more functionally and professionally.

Thank you.

By affonso d

Nov 24, 2018

Just A-MA-ZING!

If everybody took this course corporate life would be so much easier and better. It teaches you to add visual confort on top of the content that you´re trying to deliver. Recommend it very much!

By maggie w

Apr 11, 2021

Really good course. Reinforced my belief that my presentations up to this point have been disasters. Feel like I have a lot to learn but this is only relevant course I can find on the internet at the moment.

By Theresa C

Oct 20, 2018

This is a great course for professionals who need to communicate complex information into PowerPoints and other presentations. Alexei provided a lot of helpful examples that were directly relevant to my job.

By Nirmal K

Jul 11, 2020

Absolutely wonderful and Informative! I learned a lot about Presentations - speechwriting, delivery and designing slides. I think it is a must-take course for anyone who wants to be better at presentations.

By Elisa P

Nov 11, 2018

Outstanding course! Very complete information, backed up with data and useful practical tasks. I already dominated graphic design concepts but everything taught was extremely useful. Highly recommended!

By Ms. B P

Jul 24, 2020

It's very nice experience for me. Being a management student I have to learn some presentation skills and this course really help me. Thank you so much sir for giving me such a great opportunity.

By Karomat X

Nov 11, 2020

I really enjoved this course. Especially in the process of evaluating the work of classmates, I saw my own mistakes, and this gave me a very strong motivation. Thank you very much!

By Timo L

Great coach, I learned a lot of stuff, although I consired myself as experienced power point user before. Highlighy recommend it for everyone in business context. Many thanks Alex!

By Pablo B

Mar 28, 2018

Muy bien! I was afraid my english is not enough for this course but the teacher spoke very good english, I liked it. And the tasks were lots of fun! Thank you, professor Kapterev!

By Ghafoor K

Jan 23, 2021

This course is a great knowledge on how to create a professional and clean presentation but people who are looking to learn any software then this course is not the write choice.

By Emmanuel C L

Mar 6, 2019

Este é um excelente curso. Ele dá diversas dicas, tanto estéticas quanto práticas, para construir uma boa apresentação de forma eficiente e gerando um resultado minimalista.

By debaleena d

Aug 23, 2020

Absolutely no-nonsense. Gathered some real skills. In fact, I am so impressed by Prof. Kapterev, that I have now joined the specialization itself. Thank you Coursera!!

By Dev A

Jun 21, 2020

Well paced, good assignment structure and relevant material for a skill that should be instilled in every presenter working in education, business or entrepreneurship.

By Anuforo N H

Jul 25, 2020

Great course! It was really fun! I will recommend this course to just about anyone. It really equips you not only to create better slides but to also design better.

By 吳乙瑩

Aug 27, 2018

As a non-designer, I do learn a lot from this course and that definitely will help me in the future! Many many thanks to the teacher for giving such a great course!

By Gaganpreet S W

Dec 30, 2019

Amazing course. The instructor is knowledgeable and lucid while the content is solid. The course has helped me improve my presentation skills by leaps and bounds.

By Anastasia K

Feb 23, 2021

Very interesting and useful program. I recommend it. You will like it on 100% sure. Alexey a great teacher. Thank you very much for the very interesting lessons.

By Huynh N M

Mar 11, 2020

This is very useful course with many practical exercises and assignment.

I got many new knowledge and could applying firstly via assignments.

Thank your very much!