Back to Presentation skills: Designing Presentation Slides

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Presentation skills: Designing Presentation Slides by National Research Tomsk State University

“Powerpoint slides are like children: no matter how ugly they are, you’ll think they’re beautiful if they’re yours” — Scott Adams, author of the comic strip “Dilbert”. Due to this cause or another, it’s a huge stress to look at most Powerpoint slides. Depending on the “design” skills of the speaker and audience’s taste slides create different emotions from a slight annoyance to physical sickness. But that is not the worst thing. The worst thing is that instead of improving the presentation such slides confuse the audience, distract it and finally oblige the speaker to explain them rather than being quite self-explanatory. The goal of this course is to change that by equipping learners with a set of tools to create simple, clear and aesthetic slides which improve the presentation of the speaker. The course covers universal design principles, templates, colors, typefaces, slides’ typography, use of photos and pictograms, composition rules and ways to create clear and meaningful charts and diagrams. This course is not a PowerPoint fundamentals course. You should have a basic knowledge of either Microsoft PowerPoint or Apple Keynote software. Don’t meddle, make your slides matter....

AG
Sep 30, 2019

Awesome course for everybody. This will help you put forward your points in a better way everytime and in any situation. It taught me simple tricks and list of todo's that one needs to keep in mind

ND
Oct 5, 2020

Really helped me understand some of the fundamentals of design. I did not realize the power of icons, tables, pics, and typography. I really enjoyed the teaching and how it taught me fluid design.

126 - 150 of 378 Reviews for Presentation skills: Designing Presentation Slides

By Valeria B

Oct 27, 2019

Excelente curso para no diseñadores. Claro, conciso y con ejemplos útiles. Lo recomiendo mucho.

By Manju M

Jun 7, 2021

Good course with assignments and peer reviews. Explained well with examples for each category.

By Dr. G S R

Aug 8, 2019

I am a big fan of Alexei... He makes learning so complete, interesting, and very long lasting.

By Quang T

Jan 20, 2019

No doubt this is ( and other ones on this specialization) the best course I've ever learned.

By Sumit J

Apr 19, 2021

Really Helpful. The way he explained how to design Presentations is just amazing.Love it :)

By AMMU B

Aug 25, 2020

Thank you so much.

It was a nice session.

Special thanks to dear Professor and Coursera team.

By Larissa M d O

Jun 1, 2020

I loved! I've changed my way to prepare slides and I also have learned how to improve them.

By Kasuntha M

Jun 20, 2021

Great course to learn about Designing Presentation Slides. I highly recommend this course.

By Anum K

Oct 26, 2020

This course is really helpful for me to learn new things about presentation .Thanks a lot.

By Ali M A

Jan 25, 2021

A wonderful course. It has helped me gain useful presentation slides designing skills.

By Zayatskun

Aug 5, 2019

Like this one. Wery nice speaker. A lot of new and useful information. A lot of humor.

By KUMARI S

Apr 18, 2021

fabulous course ,everyone have to do this,i have learned alot by this course :)))))))

By shivani R P

Dec 23, 2019

This course is very helpful for everyone ... I encourage others to join this course .

By Fahira F A

Aug 30, 2020

I like to do this course. It is very useful and also very interested to do the quiz

By Ninad S A

The best course for students who are interested in honing their presentation skills.

By Karen E C

Nov 1, 2020

I had so much fun doing the course. The activities were very practical and helpful.

By Mr. A P

Jul 16, 2020

I have learned many thing by this course how to design and present the information.

By Luciana R V

Aug 6, 2020

I enjoyed it very much. I learned a lot of helpful tips and ideas to design slides

By ANIL K N

Jul 27, 2020

Very effective, simple and compact....Highly appreciate the lectures also..thanks

By Parul

Apr 2, 2020

The course was really helpful and it was made easy to understand by the talker.

By aastha s

Jun 8, 2020

Excellent course and assignments.A must course for students and professionals

By Vivek S

Great Course! Peer Graded Assignments were Fun and Engaging at the same time!

Aug 8, 2020

Concise, expressive and high-level informative, this is an excellent course!

By Rosemary

Nov 11, 2020

Course was very informative, material well developed, delivery was engaging