Back to Presentation skills: Designing Presentation Slides

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Presentation skills: Designing Presentation Slides by National Research Tomsk State University

“Powerpoint slides are like children: no matter how ugly they are, you’ll think they’re beautiful if they’re yours” — Scott Adams, author of the comic strip “Dilbert”. Due to this cause or another, it’s a huge stress to look at most Powerpoint slides. Depending on the “design” skills of the speaker and audience’s taste slides create different emotions from a slight annoyance to physical sickness. But that is not the worst thing. The worst thing is that instead of improving the presentation such slides confuse the audience, distract it and finally oblige the speaker to explain them rather than being quite self-explanatory. The goal of this course is to change that by equipping learners with a set of tools to create simple, clear and aesthetic slides which improve the presentation of the speaker. The course covers universal design principles, templates, colors, typefaces, slides’ typography, use of photos and pictograms, composition rules and ways to create clear and meaningful charts and diagrams. This course is not a PowerPoint fundamentals course. You should have a basic knowledge of either Microsoft PowerPoint or Apple Keynote software. Don’t meddle, make your slides matter....

AG
Sep 30, 2019

Awesome course for everybody. This will help you put forward your points in a better way everytime and in any situation. It taught me simple tricks and list of todo's that one needs to keep in mind

ND
Oct 5, 2020

Really helped me understand some of the fundamentals of design. I did not realize the power of icons, tables, pics, and typography. I really enjoyed the teaching and how it taught me fluid design.

326 - 350 of 386 Reviews for Presentation skills: Designing Presentation Slides

By Yuliia H

Oct 19, 2019

First week was too theoretical, I was about to stop doing this course. Luckily I didn't stop, as from second week course became really practical and visual. I recommend this course for people who needs to do presentations time to time but every time don't know from where to start.

By Preetinder J S

Mar 3, 2018

Course gives great insights regarding how to design the slides for better readability and understanding.Only thing that could have been to provide workbooks for every video and let people edit themselves with the help of steps explained in video.

By Prashant M

Jul 6, 2020

Quite a good course. It reminded me of a lot of tools, tips, and tricks that I had learned when I joined the consulting world.

I wish all those who mix all kinds of fonts on their decks take this course esp the part on typography.

By Alexander

Jul 17, 2020

I liked the course overall. Will definitely apply in work. Some things to improve: not all quizzes are very intuitive, for example Elon Musk deck. Otherwise was a pleasure and useful.

By Linda O

Aug 1, 2020

This is a great course. Even as a designer I learnt a lot on the basics of design. It goes deep into the little things that are often overlooked in a design course.

By Lourdes V

Mar 22, 2020

Great tool to improve the way of doing presentations. After that, your presentations will never be the same. Basic design tools and tips. I enjoyed it a lot!

By Shibu N V

Apr 19, 2020

Informative, short and precise with lot of self training aids. Must for all professionals novice in presentation, irrespective of their profession.

By Julie G

Jan 12, 2019

Some of the lessons were long. A lot to listen to. I liked re-creating slides and reviewing others' work. Got a lot of good ideas from peers.

By DEVENDER K

The course is not relevant for me.

Please remove from my courses.

I am already charged for this request for refund and no further charges

By Dong X

May 21, 2018

It's a nice course but there are a few drawbacks concerning the content of the tasks. It is sometimes unclear what the mentor means.

By FATIMA Z A

Jun 23, 2021

good course, thanks to it i was able to know the sihnification of colors, when and how to use icons and illustrations,

By URSULA A B B

Jul 27, 2020

it is a very good course, maybe it could provide more detailed information about fonts and extra examples of graphics.

By Semakula J R

Dec 11, 2018

Informative and Practical Course.I highly recommend it for anyone looking to improve their Presentations Slides

By Alexander O

Dec 12, 2018

A huge problem with reviewing by peers, but he course itself is very nice and brings a lot of knowledge.

By Rikke F

Dec 22, 2020

Only thing counting down is that the grades is dependent on other peers reviews and not a professional

By Farheen A R

Jul 30, 2020

A recommended course for non-professionals who want to hone their presentation skills

By Teun v L

Dec 12, 2019

Good course, good tips for improving powerpoint designs! I would reccommend!

By Mario M

Mar 1, 2018

The presenter's style is unconventional and that's why I enjoyed it a lot.

By jafer a

Apr 15, 2020

Wow this coach is amazing. He is very good in teaching. I loved his way

By Tấn Đ V V

Mar 20, 2020

Everything is good except classmates review quite long !

By Atanu p

Apr 5, 2019

This is amazing to increase your presentation knowledge

By Maslia B A

Jun 7, 2021

I would've give stars if the material is up to date.

By MOHAMMED B

May 9, 2020

A good resource to improve your designing skills.

By Tuhin M

Good but peer review system is bit annoying!!

By Antonietta Z

Dec 7, 2020

It was full of great ideas and suggestions