Back to Presentation skills: Designing Presentation Slides

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Presentation skills: Designing Presentation Slides by National Research Tomsk State University

“Powerpoint slides are like children: no matter how ugly they are, you’ll think they’re beautiful if they’re yours” — Scott Adams, author of the comic strip “Dilbert”. Due to this cause or another, it’s a huge stress to look at most Powerpoint slides. Depending on the “design” skills of the speaker and audience’s taste slides create different emotions from a slight annoyance to physical sickness. But that is not the worst thing. The worst thing is that instead of improving the presentation such slides confuse the audience, distract it and finally oblige the speaker to explain them rather than being quite self-explanatory. The goal of this course is to change that by equipping learners with a set of tools to create simple, clear and aesthetic slides which improve the presentation of the speaker. The course covers universal design principles, templates, colors, typefaces, slides’ typography, use of photos and pictograms, composition rules and ways to create clear and meaningful charts and diagrams. This course is not a PowerPoint fundamentals course. You should have a basic knowledge of either Microsoft PowerPoint or Apple Keynote software. Don’t meddle, make your slides matter....

AG

Oct 01, 2019

Awesome course for everybody. This will help you put forward your points in a better way everytime and in any situation. It taught me simple tricks and list of todo's that one needs to keep in mind

GY

Oct 05, 2018

This class has cleared many misconceptions about Powerpoint designs. And has introduced many useful skills to greatly improve your presentation in terms of clarity and passing the right message.

26 - 50 of 160 Reviews for Presentation skills: Designing Presentation Slides

By Nicole

Feb 28, 2019

I can't explain enough how much this course was helpful for a pptx amateur like me!! I'm very proud of what I learned by the end of the course, will revisit it later for sure. I highly recommend it for everyone, professional or not.

By Tereza D

Aug 01, 2019

Absolutely worth your time! Not only the teacher is very charismatic and enthusiastic about the presented topics, but you can actually pretty soon see the results of the training in the practical tasks.I definitely recommend!

By Riccardo M

Jul 18, 2019

Best course on Slide Design ever done.

Not only I've refreshed past knowledge, but I've also aquired invaluable insights from the instructor.

Thank you for this material and the passion you poured into your work!

By affonso d

Nov 24, 2018

Just A-MA-ZING!

If everybody took this course corporate life would be so much easier and better. It teaches you to add visual confort on top of the content that you´re trying to deliver. Recommend it very much!

By Theresa C

Oct 20, 2018

This is a great course for professionals who need to communicate complex information into PowerPoints and other presentations. Alexei provided a lot of helpful examples that were directly relevant to my job.

By Elisa P

Nov 11, 2018

Outstanding course! Very complete information, backed up with data and useful practical tasks. I already dominated graphic design concepts but everything taught was extremely useful. Highly recommended!

By Anant G

Oct 01, 2019

By Timo L

May 14, 2020

Great coach, I learned a lot of stuff, although I consired myself as experienced power point user before. Highlighy recommend it for everyone in business context. Many thanks Alex!

By Pablo B

Mar 28, 2018

Muy bien! I was afraid my english is not enough for this course but the teacher spoke very good english, I liked it. And the tasks were lots of fun! Thank you, professor Kapterev!

By Emmanuel C L

Mar 06, 2019

Este é um excelente curso. Ele dá diversas dicas, tanto estéticas quanto práticas, para construir uma boa apresentação de forma eficiente e gerando um resultado minimalista.

By 吳乙瑩

Aug 27, 2018

As a non-designer, I do learn a lot from this course and that definitely will help me in the future! Many many thanks to the teacher for giving such a great course!

By Gaganpreet S W

Dec 30, 2019

Amazing course. The instructor is knowledgeable and lucid while the content is solid. The course has helped me improve my presentation skills by leaps and bounds.

By Huynh N M

Mar 11, 2020

This is very useful course with many practical exercises and assignment.

I got many new knowledge and could applying firstly via assignments.

Thank your very much!

By Renata l d

Mar 16, 2018

Have done many training on how to present with power point- this one is far the best! What is even nicer is how much passion Alexey put in the work he does.

By Emil F

Jun 19, 2019

This course should be mandatory for anyone before that person is allowed to work in any job!

Great content, some key principles for working in PowerPoint.

By aminiel

Apr 29, 2020

Great course, very clear and very good suggestions to think about designing and preparing for a presentation. The approach was simple but insightful.

By Bernard D V

Apr 17, 2019

Great course about presentation slides. The teacher is skilled and will help you to do better slides, it's very tangible and it's for everyone.

By Angela E

Apr 02, 2019

Excellent course, the videos were interesting and entertaining to watch! I learnt some valuable skills which I will put into practice.

By Ankita D

Apr 09, 2018

Can't help asking-will there be more to this course? You should continue doing the great job, guys. It's very informative and helpful!

By Ayush A

May 14, 2020

Nice course quite different from league and made me learn something new and different and of course very important for my carrer

By Titas B

its as an amazing course. It changed my perspective on designing and presenting power point presentations at professional level.

By Heiko D

Jan 20, 2019

Thank you very much. I enjoyed the course a lot. Very practical down to earth approach without feathers and whistles.

By naresh p

Jan 02, 2020

One of the most practical and directly applicable courses I have ever taken. I wish I had taken this 10 years back.

By Evandro R T

May 28, 2018

I liked the course, where i could learn methods to improve my skil in made presentation and reports, and now

By Venkaatesh D

Dec 23, 2019

A really good course for someone to organised his slides . Appreciate the instructor and the course content