Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

RC
Aug 18, 2019

I loved this course. It covered all the topics I was interested in and was thoroughly engaging and well-organised. Professor Plous is a great teacher and has designed a wonderful course in this MOOC.

1301 - 1325 of 1,388 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Sarthak P

Jul 2, 2020

I personally will prefer this course as it is enjoyable to learn but yes at the time the exams are really top so go through it properly.

By abhishek

helps me to know myself and others too without being judgmental. Also the professor explains very clearly of each and every topic.

By Pamela R

Jun 12, 2020

The professor is excellent. The effort he has put is commendable. Thanks, Coursera! You are better than many on-campus courses.

By Derick M S

Nice course giving an insight into the various daily occurrences and their relation with psychological theories.

By Manu C T

Aug 4, 2020

It is a good course. It is very simple to do and you will understand all tough lessons with simple experiments

By Prachi G

Jul 6, 2020

it was a GOOD COURSE. Informative and easy to grasp. the assignments were very thought provoking and fun.

By Eduardo V

Nov 21, 2020

Es excelente la calidad del curso para ser gratis, aprendí muchas cosas y ahora veo todo muy diferente

By Sephamandla N

Oct 28, 2020

I have learnt a great deal about myself in this course and I intend to use that for bettering my life.

By nurdankilincer

Aug 14, 2020

It was a great course. I learnt a lot but the videos were too long to watch. It made me tired a bit.

By elia f

Aug 24, 2020

Very very very interesting lessons with a serious final exam.

Many thanks to prof. Plous

By Mariel M B C

Jun 2, 2020

Great course!! I've learned so much! I plan to apply some of the knowledge in my life.

By Rifat H A

Jul 7, 2020

Great course indeed. Thank you Wesleyan University and specially Prof. Scott Plous.

By Stefano E

Mar 1, 2019

Great course with a lot of interesting info and with a very nice and funny teacher.

By Đức T V

Jun 24, 2020

A very fun and interactive course with lots of interesting things to learn about.

By Bathula S

Nov 6, 2020

Best Course in a Coursera and one of the best professor i have ever seen.

By 18UCMA175

Jul 25, 2020

gud we can learn alot from this am to planing to study social psychology

By rangariraitsatsa

Jan 2, 2020

opens a different to thinking and a better approach to the daily world

By Nidhi s

Jul 12, 2020

I had great experience with course when I was learning this course.

By Zarana J

Oct 11, 2020

Great course to know some psychology about ourselves and others.

By Giacomo P

May 14, 2020

Very interesting course! Lots of topics and amazing informations

By Saadman K

The course was awesome. But the finals are really hard to pass.

By Justin N C F

Jul 27, 2020

I learned so much in this course! Thank you, Professor!

By Amanda N

Jul 15, 2020

A lot of material and one very difficult last exam.

By Denise C

Jan 16, 2019

A lot of work but a lot to learn in a fun way!