Back to Software Processes and Agile Practices

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Software Processes and Agile Practices by University of Alberta

This course delves into a variety of processes to structure software development. It also covers the foundations of core Agile practices, such as Extreme Programming and Scrum....

KC
Aug 11, 2017

I had read about the different agiles methodologies out there but It was until I took this course that I could "digest" them and internalize how to chose the right one for me and how to apply them.

PD

The course is highly interactive...i like the concept of giving questions based on the the information learnt in that particular video...I personally like the instructors teaching methods ....

601 - 625 of 776 Reviews for Software Processes and Agile Practices

Sep 21, 2020

gerg

By Souhardya G

Sep 13, 2020

Good

By suryakant s

Sep 9, 2020

good

By Pratik M

Jul 1, 2020

Good

By SureshKumar

May 5, 2020

good

By Vinodh R

Mar 10, 2018

Good

By Khnykov O

Oct 7, 2017

good

By Gabriel N

Jun 15, 2017

nice

By Rafael N

Jan 14, 2017

Top!

By Abi D W

Jan 3, 2016

good

By ANUBHAV J G

Sep 29, 2020

Nov 25, 2015

g

By Dominic F

Jan 20, 2020

The training materials are very well presented and easy to digest. I got plenty out of it. But the certificates are really, really easy to pass and I think it devalues them somewhat. If you're interested in this because you just want to learn for the sake of learning, or to supplement any practical knowledge of product management that you may already have through experience in your career (as was my case) and to just understand things better, this is great. But I wouldn't expect to get a new job/change career because of any certificate you earn from this course or others in the specialisation.

By Mateus R d P

Jun 8, 2017

The content is quite good, the lectures are clear and emphasis is put on the right places. The supplementary material is also very helpful. I just felt like the tests were very prescriptive to the the jargon and way of stating things presented in the course, rather than concepts. I often caught myself reading questions 2 or 3 times because it's often a writing subtlety that made a difference, which would easily catch the diligent and informed, however unaware on unobservant, student.

By Kyoko A H

Nov 1, 2016

Es una guía básica para la toma y escritura de requerimientos, y es útil; sin embargo no propone ideas sobre como manejar a los stakeholders cuando hay cambios de requerimientos, o como prevenir que el cambio constante de requerimientos afecte negativamente el proyecto; tipo de problemas que se presentan en muchas ocasiones. Me hubiera gustado ver casos extremos reales, en donde la toma de requerimientos puede salir mal, y como evitar problemas.

By Lindsay R

Jan 27, 2019

The material covered was good. I especially appreciated the walk through the evolution of process rather than the typical Waterfall vs Agile dichotome. I found the quizes in this and other modules often prioritized semantic scruples over conceptual understanding, and I found this far less helpful. I also felt the level of detail and the sheer number of different processes covered would have been aided by some more hands on exercises.

By Ankit G

Nov 19, 2016

Great introductory course on popular software development practices. Some peer reviews could be added in this course to make it more interactive. The course has become heavy on theory side and lacking practical side. However, it is a great place to start learning basic software practices. I, personally, learnt a lot from this course and I would highly recommend this course to all the software developers out there.

By Videme M

May 5, 2020

This was a nice course. It is packed with a to take in but to put in practice as well to understand better. The videos were sometimes long and heavy of many concepts; and also, if you could shoot the video in a friendly and natural background setting, that would be better I think for the watcher attention.

But overall it's a nice course to get a full picture of the Agile world.

Thanks for the time put to do it.

By Orlando C

Sep 24, 2017

I consider I received the same value I would receive from a presential class, even better with the advantage to re-play the videos in specific parts as needed and to adjust the learning time to my own schedule. I do not rate it 5 stars because I would say practical cases are missing in every course, where to round up the learning you can see in a real life example how the concepts explained are applied.

By Kevin L

Feb 11, 2016

Good overview of agile practices.

If you're doing the specialization, they say you can take courses 2 & 3 in any order. Technically that's true, but my recommendation is to do them in order.

They refer to course 2 in course 3, and the difficulty of assignments decreases if you do them in opposite order like I did.