Back to Software Product Management Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Software Product Management Capstone by University of Alberta

In this six-week capstone course, you will gain practical management experience in a safe, simulated software production setting. You will apply Agile practices and techniques to conquer industry-inspired challenges. Interacting with a realistic client, you will discern what they want and express what they truly need in software requirements to drive software production. Upon completing the capstone, you will be prepared to advance your career as a confident software product management professional....

DA

Jun 25, 2019

The is one of the most gruelling capstone projects I have worked on. Beats the physical deal in some aspects if you ask me. Definitely worth the time and effort invested

FD

Sep 15, 2017

Great course with lots of good material and assignments. Video content gives a thorough insight to the different subjects and makes it easier to complete assignments.

76 - 100 of 106 Reviews for Software Product Management Capstone

By Hagop R

Jun 03, 2018

This wasn't easy... Really tough course but it was very good especially the release burn downs

By Esther H

Aug 30, 2017

Excellent capstone project, it gives you a little insight you need in things that can happen in an agile project. From my experience in earlier agile projects, I would say this portayal of how things work is accurate!

By Kevin S

Jul 11, 2017

GREAT! I really enjoyed taking this course :)

By Enmanuel P

Nov 21, 2017

Excellent!

By Vinodh R

Apr 29, 2018

Great Experience!

By Mohssen I

Oct 31, 2017

I recommand this course for every one looking to start in Agile

By Martin S

Aug 07, 2017

Loved the capstone project. So much nice details and situations which you experience in a product managers daily business. Also a nice opportunity to apply the tools and methods you learned in the courses of the specialization.

By Olayinka A A

May 31, 2018

This is very great!!

By sumit a

Apr 23, 2019

Nice, taught a lot

By Andrey S

May 29, 2019

Specialization totally fits in my current needs as IT Product owner in corporate environment, but there is not so much theory and practice for startups product owners.

By Hayk P

Jun 15, 2019

Great course

By pramod k d

Jun 23, 2019

Practical and effective. thanks a lot for this course.

By Dayo A

Jun 25, 2019

By Niranjan K

Jun 30, 2019

The course was extremely help to understand software production management, agile principles and how to run projects successfully in agile methods. Thank you.

By Eduardo A P

Jul 03, 2019

Nice capstone. Sometimes is hard to get graded the assignements, but the material is pretty good

By Marina S

Jul 05, 2019

Here is my review of the course: https://medium.com/@marinasini/test-drive-software-product-management-specialisation-by-university-of-alberta-coursera-a5b5b03e2a12?source=friends_link&sk=6202b4eee6fc249ef1d534e50779129e

By Winston M K

Jul 14, 2019

I learned a lot! Thank you UAlberta and Coursera! More power!

By Scholastica S A

Dec 12, 2018

Peer reviews delayed my completion upto 10 days

By Andre T S

Feb 01, 2019

1. About what I have learned There a lot of things from concepts to practical exercises. I believe the Agile and its concepts while development processes were a highlight and the last course about Metrics was other great too. I think to speak a little bit more about Scrum and Kanban could be a great benefits for the next learners. Another point is about the needed to have more video bring a deep guidance "how to do" some artifacts as burndown chart, unit test, and so on.2. My favorite parts The capstone project was a the best course experience where each all artifacts were developed using the concepts learned before.3. Overall experience I can really say it is great and I recommend the specialization because of the material quality (quiz, papers, tests, and so on). I had a concern about peer reviews because some times there are no one to review my job and when there are some points to fix or to improve unfortunately the feedback was gave almost deadline.. 4. Improvements... I think to talk about DevOps into Agile Practices is needed today. So, I have as suggestion to add this subject in the course Agile process and Metrics as well to explore a little bit more about Scrum as well other agile methodologies.

By Nicolas V

Mar 04, 2019

Content is great and useful for practising. Progress is slow due to having to wait for other students feedback to validate assigments and complete course

By Christos K

Sep 22, 2018

A fine capstone project that summed up most important points in a hands on simulation.

By Sasha K

Sep 19, 2018

Overall it was rather good but there were some tedious parts too it that just felt like time wasters.

By Marcelo M

May 12, 2016

Well planned and with exciting activities, the capstone was a great final step for the course!

By Miguel V

Oct 25, 2016

Exelent simulation!

By Raimanu S K

May 25, 2017

Great course to get grounded in Software Product Management. Learn the nuances of agile and lean. There are right ways and wrong ways to use these tools. Know the right way!