Back to Software Security

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Software Security by University of Maryland, College Park

This course we will explore the foundations of software security. We will consider important software vulnerabilities and attacks that exploit them -- such as buffer overflows, SQL injection, and session hijacking -- and we will consider defenses that prevent or mitigate these attacks, including advanced testing and program analysis techniques. Importantly, we take a "build security in" mentality, considering techniques at each phase of the development cycle that can be used to strengthen the security of software systems. Successful learners in this course typically have completed sophomore/junior-level undergraduate work in a technical field, have some familiarity with programming, ideally in C/C++ and one other "managed" program language (like ML or Java), and have prior exposure to algorithms. Students not familiar with these languages but with others can improve their skills through online web tutorials....

GB
May 26, 2019

Was prepared and presented in a very special and superb way. I am glad I took and completed it. Thanks to my tutor Michael Hicks and special appreciation to coursera for making this possible for me.

PR
Nov 19, 2016

Content is really valuable and actionable with a specific comeback for the student in terms of secure development, security and how to understand the origin of exploits and other cyber attacks

151 - 175 of 292 Reviews for Software Security

By Guilherme V H

Aug 11, 2016

Incredible course! Very recommended!

By Alexey F

Sep 1, 2017

Hands-on labs were very interesting.

By Roberto V

Jan 15, 2020

fantastic course and great teacher!

By NAGARAJU P

Sep 22, 2020

very happy to provide such course

By sandeep r

Aug 2, 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed the course.

By Pramod G

Aug 29, 2019

Very good and effective course

By Pablo S

Feb 19, 2018

Amazing course and materials!!

By Nelson I

May 6, 2018

Very demanding but very good!

By Александр К

May 12, 2016

It is what I was looking for!

By Hu W

Aug 11, 2020

So Difficult but so Useful!

By Ayush B

Apr 6, 2020

Great Course. Thanks a lot.

By Deepak P A R

Sep 4, 2020

thanks...maryland family..

By Maiquel A G R

Jun 21, 2020

Very good ! I learn a lot!

By Malaval R

Jan 18, 2018

simple and basic, perfect.

By Vaibhav S R