Back to Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne

Have you come across large piles of garbage in neighbourhoods and streets and smelly waste disposal sites polluting the environment of low- and middle-income countries? Do you want to know what kind of sustainable solutions are appropriate to better manage waste and enhance recycling and recovery? If yes, this course is for you! This course provides you with an overview of the municipal solid waste management situation in low- and middle-income countries. It covers key elements of the waste management system, such as its technical, environmental, social, financial and institutional aspects. Besides understanding the challenges, you will be introduced to appropriate and already applied solutions through selected case studies....

CP

Aug 14, 2020

Understandable and easy to access to reading materials recommended in each modules. Benefits to current jobs and will recommend this course to colleagues who have no background on this issue to study.

ES

Feb 26, 2017

51 - 75 of 1,016 Reviews for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries

By Akshat G

Mar 28, 2016

This course was very helpful for me as this was a desirable topic for my understanding. This course has encouraged me to apply waste management strategies at personal and community level even if on a small basis so that I as an individual am able to aware people about the fantastically innovative and interesting ways of Waste management and in turn invoking a feeling of responsibility towards the soceity and our mother Earth.

By Meheroze A H

Oct 23, 2020

It has been a great course indeed that i have ever tried to attempt with limited knowledge........................ i must thank all my Course Teachers including Dr.Christian Zurbrugg, Imanol Zabaleta ,Felix Schmidt, Architect Iftekhar & other Native Expert(from Bangladesh -Waste Concern) who have done a magnificent job to let me extend my knowledge and Skill as well...............Architect Meheroze Al Hassan,Dhaka.BD

By Alberto D D

Aug 12, 2021

T​his was a great course, I am an Environmental Engineer and I have a Specialty in Environmental Diagnosis and Management. This course quality and amount of knowledge exceeds the Quality of the classes I had as a student. I am very grateful with the quality of the material, I enjoyed the course and I don’t regret studying it. It was very productive and I will share everything I learned with students and colleagues.

By SHAMEER.M

Nov 4, 2020

Thank you so much for teaching highly valuable informations regarding Municipal solid waste management. As an Health Inspector I got so many practical tips and modern ideas about SWM and this give me more confident to do our future activicties in a perfect,practical and systematic way. I would like to say thanks to all vibrant teachers of this sessions especially to Mr. Imanol Zabaleta and Dr. Christian Zurbrugg...

By Jehona H

Feb 21, 2017

This was a very interesting and well informative course. It has raised my interest on the subject and could be something that I could include in my professional development. I find it very interesting and feel that we all should pay some more time and join the global efforts to make a better living for all. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to take this course. Best Regards, Jehona Hansell (architect)

By ZAKWANI S

Jul 11, 2021

My view on MSWM is the work of all people in the society these is the responsibilities of citizens and their local authorities, all are responsible for waste management and needs to deal with it very consequentlyand important each must play they are role. Avoiding more waste  on our streets and rivers has to be  first principle let all protect our environment and securer the future of our generations to come.

By Fazla Z A

Aug 16, 2020

Great introduction. It covers a wide range of issues concerning waste management and I thought the material was relevant and reflected my own observations of waste management in developing countries. This course is very well designed and easy to understand because of dedicated and experience personnel who are delivering the content. Use of case study is well planned at various sections in course.

By Anjali V R

Nov 5, 2021

Very informative course. The course materials covers most of the aspects solid waste management in developing countries with examples and also provides bonus materials for further skill development. The assignments revise whatever is discussed during each week and evaluates our attention. This course is helpful to both beginners who are looking for a new field of research and also the experts.

By MICHAEL W G

Mar 12, 2017

This course opened a new chapter for me and introduced to me something that I have never considered. I plan on studying the whole series. The course is very well taught; all the principles, theories and scientific basis of waste management and the way for the future is very well done. Thank you for a most interesting introduction to this very environmentally important subject and necessity.

By René A M

Feb 29, 2016

Excelent course for my personal and proffesional interest in how to handle waste in my city--Bogotá D. C. and also to intrduce this matter in my next courses about "evironmental managment" and also to include this aspects of waste collection in a future book I alrteady writte-- www.gestionambientalobrasciviles.com --in Spanish language.. Thanks to the staff of Lausane Féderal Politechnique--

By Jack F

Oct 5, 2016

I absolutely love the quality of this MOOC. The way all speakers elaborate the concepts is very clear and comprehensive without loosing in technical quality. The MOOCs given by the EAWAG are like a book you just can't put down. The notions are down to earth, applicable and tested on the field. I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO START the MOOC on Planning and Design of Sanitation Systems and Technologies.

By Donna P

Oct 8, 2020

A comprehensive and in-depth course on MSWM that is handled by very passionate instructors and guests and provides clear and coherent presentation of course material, interesting examples and illustrations, relevant reading material, and practical assignments and quizzes that adequately test learners. You can count on this course to make you realize there's more to MSWM than meets the eye.

By Jennifer S

May 27, 2019

Este curso es muy bueno, no solo por el tema. Los profesores son muy buenos y el material es bastante claro, los ejemplos utilizados son acertados, acercan a las situaciones para mejorar el aprendizaje y brindan la oportunidad de comprender mejor las alternativas para solucionar dichas problemáticas.

En mi caso, este curso es una herramienta útil en el ámbito profesional. ¡Gracias!

By Amir S

Nov 29, 2016

This course was incredibly well designed. The tutors were highly knowledgeable and more importantly they were friendly and lovable. The course presented exactly what it said it will at the beginning of the course which was "introduction to solid waste management". The course producers illustrated the materials clearly without moving into details and calculations, making it complex.

By Antonio L

Mar 24, 2022

The course in general was executed magnificently, I believe all matters related to the subject were covered accordingly to the extents of the course, I personally enjoyed the well-executed presentations, and the expositors were always on point, clear and concise. I am looking forward taking the other courses on the subject linked to this one. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!!

By Anirudh R P

Dec 22, 2017

This was an excellent course - very succint, extremely condense, relevant information in one place. I work in the cement manufacturing industry - I sincerely hope to use this information in developing captive sources of Refuse Derived Fuel for captive use, thereby reducing GHG emissions.

A heartfelt THANK YOU again to the people who put in so much effort in developing this course!

By Iddio M

May 4, 2016

In my humble opinion this Is a five star course as it provides you with enough information and case studies to help inspire anyone to launch their ideas and get active with waste management even if its just in household (and we all know how little things can evolve) and embrace the genius idea of a circular economy. I loved the course and so would you if you are about to take it.

By Muhammad S

Aug 29, 2020

'Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries' is a wonderful course. The syllabus they taught covered almost all aspects of solid waste management. i found this course very helpful in learning all the latest approaches to manage solid waste in developing countries. I will suggest others to must enroll in this course for better understanding about solid waste management.

By Artur D

Jul 27, 2020

Iliyoundwa vizuri na rahisi kufuata kweli, na rasilimali nyingi. Nzuri kwa kila mtu anayevutiwa na usimamizi wa taka kama kazi, au wasiwasi juu ya taka katika eneo lako. Ninapendekeza hii!

Really well designed and easy to follow course, with lots of resources. Good for anyone interested in waste management as a career, or worried about waste in your area. Highly recommend!

By Carlos A S R

May 20, 2021

This course is provided by good instructors who know how to introduce the topics in a very easy-to-understand way. Furthermore, the extra resources to dive into specific topics is well provided. Overall a nice broad course that definitely is a source for future consultation. Acknowledgement for both Imanol and Christian for the upbeat manner they delivered this course.

By Josphat M

Apr 27, 2018

I didn't know there are tremendous opportunities embedded in municipal solid waste management to improve public health, generate wealth and reduce greenhouse gas emissions until I went through this course. This course is designed and presented in a simple and practical way that it can turn a dummy to a start. Am now informed, skilled and empowered. Thank you MOOC team.

By Diana E O S

Aug 17, 2020

Un curso excelente, me encanto como los residuos solidos son un gran campo de estudio, mismo que aplicare en un futuro cuando me encuentre laborando en alguna municipalidad de mi pais , ademas que asi aprendi como los residuos solidos pueden ser menormente emitidos desde su punto de generacion y la separacion desde la fuente es muy importante. Altamente Recomendado!!!

By UTSA D

Jan 31, 2022

Solid Waste Management is a topic of the past, present and future. As long as humans survive on Earth this will be carried out. I learnt a lot from this course and I am glad I came here. Thank you to all the teachers for guiding and explaining the topics so beautifully. I hope I will be able to apply this in practical someday for sure! Thank you everyone at EAWAG!

By Cornelio D

Jul 27, 2020

It was a fantastic learning experience. A very well designed program, clear explanations, excellent tutors and experts, great examples, and resources. Very transformational to improve the job of practitioners. Please continue with other courses in this series. Congratulations to all involved in the program. It will be great to stay in touch. Best regards, Cornelio

By Ankita p

May 23, 2020

this is very knowledgeable for under graduated students. through this course was able to learn about various methodology of solid waste management and also gain knowledge about waste management methodology of different cities and countries. Provided study material such as books ,journals, pdf and other sources are very beneficial and helpful for further studies.