Back to Geospatial and Environmental Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Geospatial and Environmental Analysis by University of California, Davis

Apply your GIS knowledge in this course on geospatial analysis, focusing on analysis tools, 3D data, working with rasters, projections, and environment variables. Through all four weeks of this course, we'll work through a project together - something unique to this course - from project conception, through data retrieval, initial data management and processing, and finally to our analysis products. In this class you will learn the fundamentals of geospatial and environmental analysis during four week-long modules: Week 1: Tour ArcToolbox and learn how to use common geospatial analysis tools built into ArcGIS Week 2: Gain a working understanding of raster data models: symbolize, reproject, overlay, and assess rasters. Take a detour into 3D data models, and interpolation of observations into 3D surfaces and rasters Week 3: Go in-depth on projections and coordinate systems, which are foundational to all GIS. Learn how to use environment variables to constrain your analyses and get better quality data products. Week 4: Expand your knowledge of symbology. Learn how to visually display your data by classifying it in logical groupings and then symbolizing it on your map. Take Geospatial and Environmental Analysis as a standalone course or as part of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialization. You should have equivalent experience to completing the first and second courses in this specialization, "Fundamentals of GIS" and "GIS Data Formats, Design, and Quality", before taking this course. By completing this third class in the Specialization you will gain the skills needed to succeed in the full program....

MH

The course content of this course is awesome and the way of explanation also. Those who want to make carrier in this field of GIS or Environment Analyst for them this is a good platform to learn.

AA
May 4, 2019

Like the previous courses on this specialization, this course is well prepared, the lectures are clear and the assignments designed to reinforce the learner's skills. I have really enjoyed it.

201 - 223 of 223 Reviews for Geospatial and Environmental Analysis

By Juriaan V

Jan 11, 2020

This course gives good and many examples of various geoprocessing tools but goes through them a little quick in my opinion. I personally would enjoy some more examples of when you would use such a tool in your workflow.

By Manir R

Oct 20, 2020

Please update the course with ArcGis Pro. It would be good if the certificate contains the following info also:

Duration: 4 weeks and Garde Achieved: x%

ArcGis

A bit details about the course.

By Pradip S

Jul 16, 2017

A good course with detail explanation and ample excercises to practise for those who intend to build on their career in the field of Environmental analysis using GIS.

By Satish M

Dec 2, 2018

It was a good experience, getting familiar with the tools and all. But, the videos were short, and it did not have enough assignments to work on our own.

By Asad A B

Jun 5, 2018

Data for the last assignment should be homogeneous with instructors output as it cause a lot of frustration and wastage of energy

By Nancy V W

Jun 20, 2017

Am learning a lot and have already impressed my husband as well as my boss with my new skills, and using them only for good.

By Oluwatuyi O V

Jul 19, 2020

The course is quite comprehensive and explore more about the capabilities of ArcGIS and its use in Environmental Analysis.

By ARTURO L G N

Apr 16, 2020

I liked this course, except the videos related to the project. They were so boring! :(

By Aik J R

Sep 14, 2020

It would be better if you explain step by step , why is what for this Assignment.

By Alexander D

May 15, 2020

Confused by the whole project thing and TINS. Amazing class though

By Zainab K

Sep 30, 2019

Good course, could have been more explanatory.

By Sara O

Jul 12, 2016

Another good course in this specialisation.

By Mahsa S V

May 12, 2020

I enjoyed the course and learned new tools

By Prabin P

Jul 11, 2016

I enjoy this course a lot. It very good.

By Ahmed E A G

Aug 19, 2017

Amazing course and improve my skills

By Maryam A

Aug 12, 2019

Final exercise needs to be revised.

By Megha S

Feb 10, 2017

Good pace, good instruction

By Akram A M E

Apr 12, 2018

very good material

By Henry M M

Mar 1, 2017

Good

By Robin v L

Feb 8, 2021

Well structured with clear instructions and great material. However, much like the previous courses in the GIS specialization, there is a very heavy focus on ArcGIS - so much so that this course might as well be called "how to run geospatial analyses in ArcGIS."

While it's all very interesting, I was hoping this course would go more in-depth into the various analysis tools in ArcGIS that are introduced and how they work behind the scenes. I understand we need an application in which to work with the GIS concepts but the course has entire modules that focus specifically on ArcGIS-specific functionality (such as creating reports and customizing colour ramps)

By Brandi P

Dec 18, 2016

This class had a lot of good material and it truly showed how powerful GIS is in analysis. My recommendation would be for this class to be broken into two sessions to really practice everything that was taught in the videos. However, I plan on doing this on my own through the GIS help boxes before I take the 4th class.

By Kyle

Jan 8, 2020

The main assignment was extremely hard. I think a little too hard relative to what we had learned up to that point.

By Catherine C

Sep 11, 2020

if you audit the course, practice software is unavailable and you can't take the tests. I was an ArcGIS professional for years, and just wanted to brush up on my skills.