Back to Geospatial and Environmental Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Geospatial and Environmental Analysis by University of California, Davis

Apply your GIS knowledge in this course on geospatial analysis, focusing on analysis tools, 3D data, working with rasters, projections, and environment variables. Through all four weeks of this course, we'll work through a project together - something unique to this course - from project conception, through data retrieval, initial data management and processing, and finally to our analysis products. In this class you will learn the fundamentals of geospatial and environmental analysis during four week-long modules: Week 1: Tour ArcToolbox and learn how to use common geospatial analysis tools built into ArcGIS Week 2: Gain a working understanding of raster data models: symbolize, reproject, overlay, and assess rasters. Take a detour into 3D data models, and interpolation of observations into 3D surfaces and rasters Week 3: Go in-depth on projections and coordinate systems, which are foundational to all GIS. Learn how to use environment variables to constrain your analyses and get better quality data products. Week 4: Expand your knowledge of symbology. Learn how to visually display your data by classifying it in logical groupings and then symbolizing it on your map. Take Geospatial and Environmental Analysis as a standalone course or as part of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialization. You should have equivalent experience to completing the first and second courses in this specialization, "Fundamentals of GIS" and "GIS Data Formats, Design, and Quality", before taking this course. By completing this third class in the Specialization you will gain the skills needed to succeed in the full program....

MH

The course content of this course is awesome and the way of explanation also. Those who want to make carrier in this field of GIS or Environment Analyst for them this is a good platform to learn.

AA
May 4, 2019

Like the previous courses on this specialization, this course is well prepared, the lectures are clear and the assignments designed to reinforce the learner's skills. I have really enjoyed it.

201 - 213 of 213 Reviews for Geospatial and Environmental Analysis

By Sara O

Jul 12, 2016

Another good course in this specialisation.

By Mahsa S V

May 12, 2020

I enjoyed the course and learned new tools

By Prabin P

Jul 11, 2016

I enjoy this course a lot. It very good.

By Ahmed E A G

Aug 19, 2017

Amazing course and improve my skills

By Maryam A

Aug 12, 2019

Final exercise needs to be revised.

By Megha S

Feb 10, 2017

Good pace, good instruction

By Akram A M E

Apr 12, 2018

very good material

By Henry M M

Mar 1, 2017

Good

By Nicholas S

Oct 1, 2020

While I thought the last two classes were superb, this one was a slow drag. The final project gave me a lot of trouble, and judging by the forums, it was challenging for a lot of other people as well. The problem for a lot of people is that once you start doing something incorrectly, its hard to correct it. Getting help could take days, and even though there's no hard deadline, I submitted my project late because I felt as if I had exhausted my options within the week long timeline.

The grading system (which might be a site-wide problem), is shoddy. I knew when I submitted my project that it was not worth full credit. Even so, I got full credit from the graders. They didn't even bother reading the grading rubric.

By Brandi P

Dec 18, 2016

This class had a lot of good material and it truly showed how powerful GIS is in analysis. My recommendation would be for this class to be broken into two sessions to really practice everything that was taught in the videos. However, I plan on doing this on my own through the GIS help boxes before I take the 4th class.

By Luigi S

Dec 19, 2016

Peer review is not best way to grade if requires some form of subjective judgement from people that maybe are not the very qualified to provide it.

By Kyle

Jan 8, 2020

The main assignment was extremely hard. I think a little too hard relative to what we had learned up to that point.

By Catherine C

Sep 11, 2020

if you audit the course, practice software is unavailable and you can't take the tests. I was an ArcGIS professional for years, and just wanted to brush up on my skills.