Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

SR

Apr 27, 2017

This is a great course. I really learned a lot of things. And the instructions and teaching methods are easy to follow. I recommend it everyone who wants to improve their professional English skills.

SE

Aug 15, 2019

really I'm very enthusiastic in this course , the instructor gives me an important information which I didn't heard before , I'm very glade to this .\n\nthank to my instructor and thanks coursera <3

26 - 50 of 657 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Christena F E

Sep 08, 2018

this course is very simple and useful to me that i can understand everything and help me more and more in my communication skills and improve my language really i love this course very much and help me to make my first elevator speech and overcome my shyness thanks alot for giving me this chance to take this course

By Abhilash N

Dec 08, 2017

I like this course as it does not complicate by subjecting the students to difficult words. The primary focus is how to represent things in front of another individual or a group. Some very good tips have been shown/taught which is beneficial for everyone no matter what background you are from. Highly recommended!!

By Ben

Jan 15, 2019

This was a great speaking English professional course. I learned a lot from this class. I learned the tools, the techniques, and the feedback from classmates. I will definitely use the tools (Vocaroo and sources) plus the great techniques from the instructors to practice my speaking and presentation.

Thank you!

By APICHAT M

Dec 20, 2018

I love this course so much, I like lecturers who have encouraged me all the time during the course. I love the way they keep following our progress through peer-works and peer-reviews. Even I finish the class I will still keep practice practice and practice so that I could speak English professionally.

By Esam M A A

Nov 06, 2018

I really like this course and I recommended to who want to improve is English language and the teacher so great ,very clear her pronounce also the body language help me a lot to understand the meaning even my language is not that good to describe this course so I want to thank all of them for thats .

By Larissa F D d S

Nov 03, 2019

Curso extremamente útil para pessoas que desejam melhorar a conversação no Inglês, ele dá dicas muito boas sobre como melhorar a entonação, usar corretamente "word stress" e "sentence stress", além da pronuncia correta dos números, enfim, estou muito satisfeita com o conteúdo apresentado no curso.

By HANY A E M H A

Nov 16, 2017

aver professional course introduced by a very qualified teachers with long experience and funny way to deliver all the information. i recommend this course to every teacher in the world specially my country teacher Egypt . you rely need this course. thanks for all the teachers in this course

By Liana H

Aug 15, 2019

The professors were really nice. The courses were fascinating and incredible to learn. The courses have really helped me to become confident and improve my self-esteem. It was interesting to learn and to pursue in the fantastic courses. I had a good time learning the courses.

By Abdulrahman M A A S

Sep 16, 2019

Thank you very much. It was a great experience to me and it motivates me to keep going. I really suggest this course to my friends. At the end, I am so happy that I met a great people during this course and I hope we could meet again in further courses. Good luck for you all!

By Ho K W

Mar 25, 2016

Very useful, your all very professional, the course is relatively short and down to the points, making us easy to follow and not too tired or got bored. you all have done an excellent job making this course so effective and meaningful for the learners. many thanks, cheers!

By rokaya h

Dec 18, 2016

Salam aalaikom ,iam very happy because i study for you, the lange englishe it's embortante for me .you can help me speak english brofessionally, ihave lot of problems and ilearn every day this lang ,but it's defecoult. Ihave one question: can you halp me another way?

By Mahmoud S K

Aug 12, 2018

It's a very good course .

It'll help every non native speaker and makes him good communicator in English.

It gives you highlights to search and learn like( interview skills, presentation English pronouncing)

I believe that it's one of my best online courses

By Hakan E K

Dec 07, 2016

I really appreciated for all your effort to created this classroom.This classroom helped me so much;in addition to this experience I am also very happy to attend your classroom.I have upgraded my confidence since I started to take this classroom.

By Casey M

Sep 29, 2018

I truly enjoyed learning how to communicate more effectively in different professional scenarios. The videos kept me engaged and gave me valuable information. Thanks to Georgia Tech for offering this online course with such high standards.

By Luis A C R

May 14, 2016

The professors are great and the idea of the curse too, they help you with the starting chat and through the personal introduction but i would like it to go a little bit further because professional discussions are more than basic phrases

By Muhammad B

Mar 15, 2016

Brief, to the point, and very useful tips for enhancing your professional language skills so quickly. I never thought this to be so easy but I really appreciate the simplicity of presentation to learn very novel skills.

Many Thanks

By Arpi

May 29, 2018

One of the most helpful courses I've ever attended. It's great not only for English but also for our behavioral skills. I would be happy to see more expanded courses from you about English pronunciation. Thank you!

By Osama A B R

Mar 11, 2019

A wonderful course / I recommend this course to everyone...because it is the key to practicing English / improving your performance / learning the etiquette / making it the beginning of more learning and practice

By Carlos V

n

f

d

ence precisely in the

areas I was looking to polish: Oral conciseness and better structure during calls and while introducing myself and my professional background

By Emanuel B N

May 21, 2018

In this course, I improved my skills to speak in public in different situations. This course also helped me to be more confident to speak English with other person, in a meeting or on the phone. I recommend it!

By Dhinakar K

May 31, 2016

I am very impressed with presentation and content. This course approaches the skills in a systematic way. It will be beneficial to all levels of users. I strongly recommend for nonnative English speakers.

By Petrov A Y

Sep 17, 2016

It is a great course. It contains many necessary information for good speaking and understanding English. Also I am very fond of links to another web-sites where I could listen to dialogues and talks.

By Samiur R

Apr 27, 2017

By 余淼

Mar 25, 2016

It is very useful for both unviersity students and employers and employees at work. The content is a bit short and it will be great if there are more contents on pronunciation and grammar. Thanks!

By samar s A E