Back to Presentation skills: Speechwriting and Storytelling

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Presentation skills: Speechwriting and Storytelling by National Research Tomsk State University

“99% presentations suck!”, — said Apple former evangelist Guy Kawasaki in 2005. Up to now the situation hasn’t improved yet. Why? Most public speaking courses focus on “how” instead of “what & why”. How to stand, walk and talk during delivery with little attention paid to “what” — the quality of storytelling itself. Thereby a usual result is a looking slightly confident speaker with mesmerizing voice delivering an obscure mess of facts, figures and claims. In this course we take a more systematic approach, focusing on the content. How to structure your ideas, facts and data into a logical convincing story using a narrative structure. This course covers fundamentals of scriptwriting, packing, argumentation and language. This course is not about how to fabricate a catching tale, but rather how to structure your ideas, facts and data into an interesting story you are going to tell during your presentation....

KP

Sep 11, 2018

This course helps me a lot not only presentation but also how to organize the ideas.\n\nI highly recommend learners who want have a great presentations to take part in this course.

BM

May 07, 2018

Me encanta aprender con este curso, las tareas son difíciles pero el contenido está muy bien organizado para ir avanzando de manera progresiva.

1 - 25 of 56 Reviews for Presentation skills: Speechwriting and Storytelling

By Nicole

Feb 28, 2019

This course was very helpful, will get back to it in the futuer without a doubt.

By Gordana N

Mar 28, 2019

Extremely useful for all! We are all communicating with our family, friends, and colleagues every day and defining the goal of the communication, and mutual ground with the audience is the basics everyone needs in all aspects of life: private and professional. Heartfelt recommended!

By omar g

Jan 28, 2019

It's a very interesting course to learn

By Anshuman H

Apr 09, 2019

Really a life learning experience. Will help a lot if one needs to grow professionally in this career.

By Dao T Q

Jan 20, 2019

absolutely wonderful course. I learn so much from it.

By Adrielle S

Dec 10, 2018

Very good. I've learned a lot. Thank you!

By Marwa A B

Feb 26, 2019

the best course I've ever had for presentation

By Alexey F

Jul 09, 2018

Very helpful course. Thanks and good luck

By Khanh H P

Sep 11, 2018

By Muunda M

Aug 28, 2018

This is an excellent course. It is helping me reach my life's goals.

By Nick M

Jan 09, 2018

Really good course, helped me structure storytelling and presentations which is invaluable going forward.

By Nicola R

Dec 06, 2017

Alexey is extremally charismatic. A real pleasure to watch.

The tasks are rather challenging and take a lot of time but I am waiting for the next ones! The feeling of doing something really special is undescribable.

Thanks for this experience. 5 stars!

By Sam S

Dec 08, 2017

Such a great course!

By Floriano G

May 15, 2018

I killed 2 birds with one stone while doing this course- not only did I learn the basics of speech delivery but also tested myself of the ability to think rationally and logically. Thanks to the creators!

By Raabi'a H

Apr 23, 2018

So far I am satisfied. No complaints!

By Erica S A

Mar 25, 2018

This is the best presented course that I have seen in Coursera so far. I was engaged and interested and watched all of week 1 in one sitting because it was just that interesting and relevant. I feel like I've already learned so much, and not all of it by exposition, but rather by example!

By Basudev B

Jun 23, 2018

i got new insights. Beautiful experience.

By Petrenko M

Mar 01, 2018

Great course! Haven't seen a good one for a long time but here it is :) I just don't quite understand some questions in quizzes but once I go though the material thoroughly, it all sorts out.

By Stamatis S

Apr 12, 2018

I would love to meet Mr.Kapterev in real to ask him a few more relevant uestions or even invite him to one of my presentations, because he is so professional. This course is super simple but so smart. Thank you a lot for this great opportunity!

By Galina K

May 20, 2018

Alex Kapterev, thank you for a wonderful course. Love it

By Ahmed M A

Dec 11, 2017

Thanks much

By mary n

Mar 12, 2018

The course presents modern methods of presentation skills but in a way you can incorporate your own creativity. I especially loved the study cases as I was able to understand concepts better.

I left better than I came in-way better!

By Alexandra A

Mar 05, 2018

Very nice so far. I like the material, the topics are quite relevant as well. Will do!

By Louis S

Apr 02, 2018

The conception of the story is quite new to me but I took to it quite fast. It's simple yet effective. I like the course so far, hopefully my opinion won't change.

By Amelia D

Nov 30, 2017

Do enjoy the videos very much.

Alexei is a sweetheart!