Back to Presentation skills: Speechwriting and Storytelling

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Presentation skills: Speechwriting and Storytelling by National Research Tomsk State University

“99% presentations suck!”, — said Apple former evangelist Guy Kawasaki in 2005. Up to now the situation hasn’t improved yet. Why? Most public speaking courses focus on “how” instead of “what & why”. How to stand, walk and talk during delivery with little attention paid to “what” — the quality of storytelling itself. Thereby a usual result is a looking slightly confident speaker with mesmerizing voice delivering an obscure mess of facts, figures and claims. In this course we take a more systematic approach, focusing on the content. How to structure your ideas, facts and data into a logical convincing story using a narrative structure. This course covers fundamentals of scriptwriting, packing, argumentation and language. This course is not about how to fabricate a catching tale, but rather how to structure your ideas, facts and data into an interesting story you are going to tell during your presentation....

KK
Nov 6, 2020

I think this course is not easy, but it is really fruitful. The tests and assignments really helped me to memorize and practically use of what I had learned. This is a must learn course!

KP
Sep 10, 2018

This course helps me a lot not only presentation but also how to organize the ideas.\n\nI highly recommend learners who want have a great presentations to take part in this course.

26 - 50 of 100 Reviews for Presentation skills: Speechwriting and Storytelling

By KAVI K J

Aug 28, 2020

No one is Born with presentation skills. But if you take this course, definitely you will challenge those Legends of Presentation skills.

By Irina G

Mar 16, 2018

I like everything about this course, very fundamental knowledge became a tool for creating nice presentations. Thanks to the creators!

By Deepak K N

Jul 17, 2020

It is a new course for me to know speech writing and presentation systematically. Thanks, it will add in my professional career.

By Angelina W

Mar 26, 2018

Well-organized and very informative. The information in this course can apply to any situation that requires speaking.

By Samir M F T

Apr 25, 2020

great experience , this course provided a lot of info and teaching important skills required for everyday life

By Nick M

Jan 9, 2018

Really good course, helped me structure storytelling and presentations which is invaluable going forward.

By Anshuman H

Apr 9, 2019

Really a life learning experience. Will help a lot if one needs to grow professionally in this career.

By Gustavo S d P

Jun 19, 2020

Excellent course, I loved and helped me a lot to understand the structure of a presentation!!!

By Jong S

Mar 21, 2018

Very good done! So nice materials, the speaker, the slides. I'm learning a lot! Thanks!

By Rajat M

Sep 2, 2020

amazing course covering all the aspects of speech writing and made for modern speeches

By Alexandra A

Mar 5, 2018

Very nice so far. I like the material, the topics are quite relevant as well. Will do!

By Mrs. K M

Sep 18, 2020

I LEARNT A LOT FROM THIS COURSE. I HAVE IMPROVISED ON MY OWN PRESENTATION SKILLS NOW.

By Jo

Feb 21, 2018

Week 1 and I have already found it to benefit me and I'm excited for future weeks.

By Nicole

Feb 28, 2019

This course was very helpful, will get back to it in the futuer without a doubt.

By DHARMALINGAM G

Apr 25, 2020

This is very interesting and very much useful (Speechwriting and Storytelling)

By Dr. G S R

Aug 5, 2019

This is one of the BEST courses I have come across in a long long time....

By Kao S

Dec 4, 2020

Excellent course for those looking to improve their presentation skills!

By Muunda M

Aug 28, 2018

This is an excellent course. It is helping me reach my life's goals.

By Manish J

Sep 15, 2020

Good quality video, audible at right pace and quite relevant

By Saumitra D

Jun 26, 2019

I find it very precise and effective for presentation skills

By Sandeep P

Mar 31, 2020

creative way of leaning story telling and content creation

By Galina K

May 19, 2018

Alex Kapterev, thank you for a wonderful course. Love it

By Alexander K

Apr 17, 2020

Very comprehensive and exciting information providing.

By Quang T

Jan 20, 2019

absolutely wonderful course. I learn so much from it.

By Amelia D

Nov 30, 2017

Do enjoy the videos very much.

Alexei is a sweetheart!