Back to Presentation skills: Speechwriting and Storytelling

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Presentation skills: Speechwriting and Storytelling by National Research Tomsk State University

“99% presentations suck!”, — said Apple former evangelist Guy Kawasaki in 2005. Up to now the situation hasn’t improved yet. Why? Most public speaking courses focus on “how” instead of “what & why”. How to stand, walk and talk during delivery with little attention paid to “what” — the quality of storytelling itself. Thereby a usual result is a looking slightly confident speaker with mesmerizing voice delivering an obscure mess of facts, figures and claims. In this course we take a more systematic approach, focusing on the content. How to structure your ideas, facts and data into a logical convincing story using a narrative structure. This course covers fundamentals of scriptwriting, packing, argumentation and language. This course is not about how to fabricate a catching tale, but rather how to structure your ideas, facts and data into an interesting story you are going to tell during your presentation....

KP

Sep 11, 2018

This course helps me a lot not only presentation but also how to organize the ideas.\n\nI highly recommend learners who want have a great presentations to take part in this course.

AW

Mar 26, 2018

Well-organized and very informative. The information in this course can apply to any situation that requires speaking.

26 - 50 of 55 Reviews for Presentation skills: Speechwriting and Storytelling

By Belén M

May 07, 2018

Me encanta aprender con este curso, las tareas son difíciles pero el contenido está muy bien organizado para ir avanzando de manera progresiva.

By Jong S

Mar 21, 2018

Very good done! So nice materials, the speaker, the slides. I'm learning a lot! Thanks!

By Noah K

Apr 06, 2018

Zehr gut! I didn't know Russians could crate something so professional. And the university is not that famous. Hands down there was a great work done.

By Jo

Feb 21, 2018

Week 1 and I have already found it to benefit me and I'm excited for future weeks.

By Anastasia R

Feb 26, 2018

Very nice course!But I think it's suitable only for people who know English well. Sometimes I find it hard to understand what the speaker means but then I practice a bit, do some quizzes and everything becomes clear. Quality material and challenging tasks, just what I like!

By Irina G

Mar 16, 2018

I like everything about this course, very fundamental knowledge became a tool for creating nice presentations. Thanks to the creators!

By Angelina W

Mar 26, 2018

By Raphael

Mar 25, 2018

very instructive.

By Надежда О

Mar 27, 2018

All is good, no complaints. It was a happy experience for me I liked it. The price is also reasonable, so it wasn't a waste. Thanks to creators!

By Bernard D V

Apr 17, 2019

Excellent course about speech writing and presentation. The teacher is skilled and know how to share is experience. Besides, it can be really fun :)

By Kyoung-mee,Lim

May 31, 2019

such a good presentation class

By Saumitra D

Jun 26, 2019

I find it very precise and effective for presentation skills

By Gurpal S R

Aug 05, 2019

This is one of the BEST courses I have come across in a long long time....

By Thomas G

Sep 07, 2019

I enjoyed the speaker and the content/presentation of content. Yes, I did learn and came away with not only information, but motivation and a new way of thinking about presentations and speeches. Great content and examples that show instead of just tell. I recommend this course to anyone having to present. Attorneys would benefit from this course.

By Linda G

Jan 31, 2019

So far, the course has been clear and valuable, though, I still feel that I need more practice to achieve the first goal which is setting the goals of a presentation. :)

By Sushil W

Sep 18, 2018

Very crisp and short... Can be made a bit elaborate

By lucie m

May 28, 2018

Good course, easy to understand even if you are a non native speeker.

By Luis A C M

Mar 04, 2018

Wonderful course! It has been helping me so much with my speech delivery. I look forward to continue with the second part of this specialization.

By Sebastian A

Nov 08, 2017

Me gusta mucho el curso y el estilo del profesor, lo recomiendo.

By Mohammed B B

Feb 28, 2018

It's just the beginning.

By Jennifer

May 14, 2018

No major complaints but it could be a bit more oriented at practice and I mean the questions are rather difficult. Other than that, it's good.

By Evgeniy S

Mar 15, 2018

Not to discourage anyone but it's quite difficult sometimes to do the tasks. Although, the material is very nice and I like the fact that there are slides for revision after each week. We'll see how it will go!

By Dennis J V G

Apr 24, 2018

I gained access to the course through the "Audit Mode", so I didn´t really take part in graded assignments. My comments go more focused on the information quality. It is an easy course to digest but beginners beware, the skills you'll acquire through this course will only be truly reflected in the end. The order of the topics was very good and pedagogic. To those people that are very structured learning frameworks, I would advise a course that includes more Jargon and after that course, take this one.

By CARLOS L S

Jun 21, 2019

I like the messages overall, the way to present examples that illustrate the differences between a boring and an inspiring ppt was very good...I believe we need to strive to prepare the best ppt without thinking who may be the one list

By Jared E

Aug 26, 2018

Peer review is as terrible as always.