Back to Presentation skills: Speechwriting and Storytelling

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Presentation skills: Speechwriting and Storytelling by National Research Tomsk State University

“99% presentations suck!”, — said Apple former evangelist Guy Kawasaki in 2005. Up to now the situation hasn’t improved yet. Why? Most public speaking courses focus on “how” instead of “what & why”. How to stand, walk and talk during delivery with little attention paid to “what” — the quality of storytelling itself. Thereby a usual result is a looking slightly confident speaker with mesmerizing voice delivering an obscure mess of facts, figures and claims. In this course we take a more systematic approach, focusing on the content. How to structure your ideas, facts and data into a logical convincing story using a narrative structure. This course covers fundamentals of scriptwriting, packing, argumentation and language. This course is not about how to fabricate a catching tale, but rather how to structure your ideas, facts and data into an interesting story you are going to tell during your presentation....

KK
Nov 6, 2020

I think this course is not easy, but it is really fruitful. The tests and assignments really helped me to memorize and practically use of what I had learned. This is a must learn course!

KP
Sep 10, 2018

This course helps me a lot not only presentation but also how to organize the ideas.\n\nI highly recommend learners who want have a great presentations to take part in this course.

51 - 75 of 100 Reviews for Presentation skills: Speechwriting and Storytelling

By Marwa A B

Feb 26, 2019

the best course I've ever had for presentation

By Adrielle S

Dec 9, 2018

Very good. I've learned a lot. Thank you!

By Alexey F

Jul 9, 2018

Very helpful course. Thanks and good luck

By Basudev B

Jun 23, 2018

i got new insights. Beautiful experience.

By Mauricio O

Sep 26, 2020

Very good content and methodology thanks

By omar g

Jan 28, 2019

It's a very interesting course to learn

By Philips N G

Aug 27, 2020

Good course to take - very insightful

By Raabi'a H

Apr 23, 2018

So far I am satisfied. No complaints!

By Anna L

May 31, 2019

such a good presentation class

By Nisha W J

Jun 13, 2020

It was good but difficult.

By Rita M

May 8, 2020

G

By Dennis J V G

Apr 23, 2018

I gained access to the course through the "Audit Mode", so I didn´t really take part in graded assignments. My comments go more focused on the information quality. It is an easy course to digest but beginners beware, the skills you'll acquire through this course will only be truly reflected in the end. The order of the topics was very good and pedagogic. To those people that are very structured learning frameworks, I would advise a course that includes more Jargon and after that course, take this one.

By CARLOS L S

Jun 21, 2019

I like the messages overall, the way to present examples that illustrate the differences between a boring and an inspiring ppt was very good...I believe we need to strive to prepare the best ppt without thinking who may be the one list