Back to Presentation skills: Speechwriting and Storytelling

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Presentation skills: Speechwriting and Storytelling by National Research Tomsk State University

“99% presentations suck!”, — said Apple former evangelist Guy Kawasaki in 2005. Up to now the situation hasn’t improved yet. Why? Most public speaking courses focus on “how” instead of “what & why”. How to stand, walk and talk during delivery with little attention paid to “what” — the quality of storytelling itself. Thereby a usual result is a looking slightly confident speaker with mesmerizing voice delivering an obscure mess of facts, figures and claims. In this course we take a more systematic approach, focusing on the content. How to structure your ideas, facts and data into a logical convincing story using a narrative structure. This course covers fundamentals of scriptwriting, packing, argumentation and language. This course is not about how to fabricate a catching tale, but rather how to structure your ideas, facts and data into an interesting story you are going to tell during your presentation....

KK
Nov 6, 2020

I think this course is not easy, but it is really fruitful. The tests and assignments really helped me to memorize and practically use of what I had learned. This is a must learn course!

KP
Sep 10, 2018

This course helps me a lot not only presentation but also how to organize the ideas.\n\nI highly recommend learners who want have a great presentations to take part in this course.

76 - 99 of 99 Reviews for Presentation skills: Speechwriting and Storytelling

By Irene P S

Jun 17, 2020

It's a good course, the teacher is very good and it's really easy to understand the contents. The only thing I miss is having the solutions to the activities to know if our answers are correct

By Linda G

Jan 31, 2019

So far, the course has been clear and valuable, though, I still feel that I need more practice to achieve the first goal which is setting the goals of a presentation. :)

By M

Oct 17, 2019

I really like it beacause I learn the structure that we should follow to have a better speech and story telling, and what we should avoid in a presentation.

By Abdullah K

Aug 23, 2020

The Vidoe lectures are fantastic, but tests and assignments are not well written or clear. There is no mention of rubrics for most of the assignments.

By Luis A C M

Mar 4, 2018

Wonderful course! It has been helping me so much with my speech delivery. I look forward to continue with the second part of this specialization.

By Jennifer

May 14, 2018

No major complaints but it could be a bit more oriented at practice and I mean the questions are rather difficult. Other than that, it's good.

By lucie m

May 28, 2018

Good course, easy to understand even if you are a non native speeker.

By Sebastián A

Nov 8, 2017

Me gusta mucho el curso y el estilo del profesor, lo recomiendo.

By nithin k

Jul 19, 2020

the course is good for a beginner. easily to follow

By Sushil W

Sep 18, 2018

Very crisp and short... Can be made a bit elaborate

By Mohammed B B

Feb 28, 2018

It's just the beginning.

By ANASUA B

May 12, 2020

This is really helpful

By Jorge T R

Aug 22, 2018

I like this Specialization. It's well organized, and materials are pretty good. Modt of the success of this course depends on you. Do your homework the better you can.

Anyways, I unenrolled from it after 6 weeks, because I think it's expensive for what you get. You pay 67 € a month when in other Coursera courses you pay less than 50 € for the full course.

By Lars A B

Nov 21, 2018

I liked all topics chosen for this course, it gives you a great overview on the subject. Alexei himself is a great presenter and you can learn a lot from him. Unfortunately the exams were sometimes confusing and felt little taken care of.

Maybe not worth the money but definetly worth the time!

By Máté N

May 22, 2020

The structure, content and the videos are great in this course. However the tasks/assignments are often unclear. I could almost never get the answer which was "right" according to the scoring criteria for the first time. Much clear assignment prompts would make this a five-star course.

By Alejandro B

Jun 6, 2020

The lecturer is very good at teaching and gives good examples. I found, however, that some questions of the exam focused more on theory and also did not provide feedback when you chose the wrong answer.

By Vincent G

Oct 31, 2020

The first session is fantastic, I am looking forward to enjoy more in the next sessions.

By Jared E

Aug 25, 2018

Peer review is as terrible as always.

By Ashwath R

Apr 25, 2020

Good one

By subhash b k

Jan 14, 2018

The course itself is not designed in accordance with the ways which the course claims to be good for presentations. There is no conflict in the course. The style of the delivery by instructor is also uninteresting and a bit condescending which is why I had to leave the course in mid of week 2 itself.

By Arsen A

Dec 4, 2019

Очень плохой тренинг (проходил подобных несколько тоже).. лектор с плохим произношением английского, не репрезентативная внешность и суть текста глуповатая... а тест вопросы вообще ............. если нужны детали - обращайтесь.

By V V

Sep 13, 2019

I'm very disappointed to have to learn presentation skills from a non-native speaker.

By Chris L

Sep 16, 2018

The objective testing with this course is obtuse and inane

By Aamir S