Back to Strategic Management of Innovation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Strategic Management of Innovation by HEC Paris

This course will prepare you for making strategic decisions specifically about innovation. It will give you an understanding of why firms innovate, why and how they compete on innovation, and what role innovation plays in shaping the strategic decisions of companies. You will learn how to source innovation, the types and patterns of innovation, how to compete in dynamic standards battles and how to gain dominance, how to protect innovation from imitation, and the crucial question of timing - a new product launch and market entry. This course is part of the HEC Paris MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. If you are admitted to the full program, your coursework will count towards your degree program....

AB

Mar 27, 2019

Excellent materials, well-chosen exercises and evaluations. The professor was engaging and clear. I would recommend.

M

May 25, 2019

It explores extremely interesting and useful insights for those looking for professional development

1 - 15 of 15 Reviews for Strategic Management of Innovation

May 02, 2019

Great course!

By Scott R H

Apr 05, 2019

Really enjoyed this class! Thank you

By Anne B

Mar 27, 2019

By Murilo A P

May 25, 2019

By Xavier L

Aug 09, 2019

Great course. I liked it.

By Marcel B

Sep 12, 2019

Very Very Good!

By Amer O

Sep 19, 2019

great class. like how the focus was on the financial practicality of innovation.

By Rasha A

Aug 30, 2019

I enjoyed every video and cherished every reading. This course has been truly enriching.

By María D S

Aug 30, 2019

This course is really good. I've learnt a lot and I have enjoyed a lot the videos and the complementary material, that made me study and reflect about the different topics. I can't say I'm an expert in strategic management of innovation, but I think I have improved a lot in the different aspects covered by the course

By Sager A M

Sep 27, 2019

Thank You!

By Erika T

Nov 14, 2019

I enjoyed and learned a lot during the innovation journey! The course was very well prepared with excellent support materials.

By Michael R B

May 31, 2019

I would strongly recommend purchasing the text BEFORE starting this class as it really is beneficial. The math calculation quiz on progress ratios is very confusing: a) it is not in the text, b) the formula is incorrect, whereas the "x" means to multiply, yet it is presented as an integer, c) the lecture does not adequately explain the formula. It was distracting and took away from the flow of the course (and got me behind). I liked this professor and found the substance of the course to be valuable. There is a bit of an assumption that all in the course are younger entrepreneurs - I'm a semi-retired oldster who has a quest for learning and want to update my skills through the 4-course series. Hard to apply some assignments for that reason.

By Mike S

Nov 13, 2019

Good presentation of material. Not as challenging or as deep a dive as would have liked, but still useful. Perhaps since it is one of the entryway courses into the bigger cert/MSc programs it is less challenging by design. Overall a worthwhile experience.

By IORDANIS P

Nov 27, 2019

I think that the business cases and the examples that used are not up to date. All the business cases were useful and interesting but I would