Back to The Science of Success: What Researchers Know that You Should Know

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Success: What Researchers Know that You Should Know by University of Michigan

This engaging course is designed to help you achieve the success that you desire. Drawing on decades of scientific research, you will learn what the most successful people do differently than others, why IQ is not the most significant predictor of success (and can sometimes backfire), and why many commonly held beliefs hold people back from achieving their goals. Although this course is based on the science of success, you will learn many practical ideas that you can apply to your own life immediately, particularly in three main areas: • Getting better results at work (and school) • Achieving career success (however you define success) • Enjoying a meaningful, happy, and healthy life By the time you finish this course you will know more than most people know about what predicts success in life. One of the most important lessons you’ll learn is that success is earned day-by-day through small wins - small, achievable actions that together can help you achieve your goals sooner and exceed even your own expectations. Therefore, you will have an opportunity to complete a detailed action plan through which you can turn what you learned into specific steps for achieving your most treasured life goals....

MA

This was a very insightful course. It taught me how to approach goals and develop my skills in the right way. Moreover, it changed my thinking about intelligence and taught me the value of networking.

PB

May 06, 2020

One of the best course I have taken on Coursera so far. Lecturer is very interesting and she is very knowledgeable on the subject. I could envision my future more brightly after taking this class.

26 - 50 of 407 Reviews for The Science of Success: What Researchers Know that You Should Know

By Bernard Y

Taking and completing this course has been an enriching experience for me. I learned so much in this course. While listening to the video lessons, I would often paused and reflect on certain key points that made me realized the reasons that I have failed to achieve success over the years despite my best effort. Some important lessons that I learned include the importance of building social capital. Being an introvert, networking has always been a big challenge for me. I also learned some ideas about how I can be more deliberate and intentional in building Social Capital. Developing my Personal Action Plan also helped me to focus on what's the truly matters to me and convert my goals into actionable steps. I would strongly recommend this course to anyone who desires to see positive changes in their lives.

By Adrianne C

Very well put together. The presentations were smooth and clear, easy to understand, and made interesting with anecdotes and research results. There were many links to relevant outside resources that were also interesting and informative. I learned plenty from this course that will apply to almost all sectors of my life. This is well worth the time to complete for everyone no matter the industry they work in or lifestyle they maintain.

By Ingkar K

Jun 01, 2020

Easy and pleasant presentation of information. If you want to understand the formula for success, then you are definitely at the right place. It explains why it is important to have good relationships, flexibility, and more through evidence. This course will replace many other success books for you. I highly recommend it to everyone. I express my deep gratitude to the author. The author has done a great job.

By Silvia P B

Apr 25, 2020

Simply wonderful.

This course, in addition to being interesting, is extremely useful for personal development. I was surprised from the first day I signed up and I think it helps you get to know yourself better and better. It provides you the main keys to effectively achieving your goals, and it really works. I invite all who are reading this review to do so, you will not regret it. Worth it.

By Kindah I

Jul 06, 2020

Excellent course. The concept of success was discussed through scientific lenses. Great anatomy of the factors that contribute to a successful and purposeful life. It revokes the misconception that successful people are talented, smarter, or just more fortunate. The materials presented in this class are good and the instructor has a clear method to deliver information. I enjoyed this class.

By PRAKASH C

Jun 17, 2020

After completing this course I feel myself fortunate that I have been taken this course just after reading course title. I think this is the most recommended course for those who want to excel higher and higher in their life. This course has realized me that success is the inevitable part of life. My deepest gratitude to the course instructor for this fabulous course.

By Andreas D

May 13, 2020

Great course. Great content and delivery. I have filled my notebook with very useful content that is a guide to my success. I have clarified goals, broken them down and started preparing action plans towards their completion. This course can be useful to any human being who wants to succeed in any area of their life, be it personal projects, family life or career.

By Geeta J A V

I love this course because I believe that I have learned a lot of info about myself too. Very interesting topic. The spoken and written English is easy to understand. Definitely I will start using it for myself, family, friends and colleagues. I will also recommend others to take up this course. Anyone who wants to be better in their life can take up this course.

By JELILI O O

Jun 14, 2020

The course was an eye opener. It reinforced some of the believes I had in what makes one successful in life and opened my eyes to so many other important aspect that helps one achieve success. SO grateful for the team that developed this course and special appreciation to the Course tutor. Thank you for all that you do .... Conscientiously yours

By WYNSTON A W

Oct 21, 2018

By according me the opportunity to outline what I intend to sacrifice in return for the dividends of success, MY PERSONALIZED PLAN OF ACTION as taught via "The Science of Success: What Researchers Know that You Should Know", provides me the personal initiative to re-invent my life, and insures against the destructive habit of procrastination.

By Omveer S

Jul 09, 2020

Hi, I am Omveer Saini from India.

With every one's support, I have completed this course, The Science of Success. I found this course very practical, goal orientated, effective & easy learning from International University of Michigan through Coursera.

Big Thanks to Participants, from all over the world,& Course co ordinator Paula J Caproni.

By Andreea T

Nov 06, 2017

Excellent course, well structured, easy to follow, filled with interesting information and backed by research. I highly recommend this course to anyone striving to learn more about themselves, and personal growth. Many of these lessons are interchangeable with work/personal life, allowing the student to learn through their own experiences.

By Jezreel D D N

Jun 02, 2020

This is probably the best course course I've taken regarding personal development. It helped me a lot to focus on my goal by having the values and right mindset that I've learned in this course. I realized my true potential to make a difference in this world. This action plan made me start working on my goal I wanted to achieve.

By Ghazal S

Jul 09, 2020

great course about success, not like other courses that talk theoritically or mention what we already know, but this course gives you real examples and explanes studies that were made in this field. in addition, the last assignment is to make your plan which really helped me organise my thoughts and start working on my self.

By Christy G

May 23, 2020

I highly enjoyed this course! It made me aware of particular aspects of life that I should pay more attention to in order to ensure success, and it reassured me that anyone can achieve success, no matter their background. Thank you to the instructor, who was so easy to understand! I would definitely recommend this course.

By Steven K

Apr 18, 2020

This course has given me a new look on achieving my personal goals and insight on proper methods and processes to follow to completion of attainable goals. I highly recommend this class as a refresher and if not sure on how to set goals, as a beginning to a correct and repeatable method. Remain teachable!

By Michelle C

This was such an amazing course!! I truly recommend it to everyone on the fence. Especially if you wanted to add more organization and structure to your life. Really interesting topics to learn , some were a review but things that needed to be reviewed. I actually looked forward to this class every week.

By Vijay T

Apr 25, 2020

A collective series of lectures to give an insight towards better understanding of what actually success is and how to attain it. Various case studies and how to utilize this from young age is well explained. Overall it helps oneself to see through the actions of great achievement with persistence.

By Jovin D

May 05, 2020

Great course that presents some interesting studies on success research and tries to break things down to small easily digestible units. I found the course easy to accommodate within my schedule and I am hoping to use some of the insights that I have gained in my professional and personal life.

By Rut J M S

Jun 12, 2020

This course really open my mindset about what i must take in the action plane when i want to get success, give a feedback from what i practicing and there are so many peer review what i must increas for my action in the future, thanks for University of MICHIGAN to able this course..

By Srinivas T S

Jun 15, 2020

This was one course I completed ahead of time. Very thought provoking, engrossing & gave me valuable tips to set clear Goals & Plans to achieve stretch goals. I am confident the knowledge gained would help me overcome obstacles to achieve greater success & grow to my full potential.

By Kaitlyn S

Jul 17, 2019

Only on week one of this course, but I've already found the information to be accurate, clear, and encouraging, The teacher stays on topic and doesn't side track much at all and is very personable. If this is a topic your interested in I highly recommend taking this course .

By Sweta S S

Jul 30, 2018

Very inspiring stories shared as part of this course. The professor was excellent. I would love to take more courses by Dr. Paula Caproni in the near future and I hope being a student at the University of Michigan, I get an opportunity to meet with her in person some day.

By Ogomegbunam A

May 14, 2020

This is the best Coursera course that I have taken. It is a real eye opener on what success really means. I enjoyed learning about the different facets of success backed with empirical evidence as well as preparing a SMART action plan to achieve my goals. Thank you.

By MOHD K

Jun 28, 2020

Thanks for these wonderful course .these course help me to know that the actual definetion of success , how to self motivated, boundaries between worklife and homelife,about will power ,action plan and many more . One's again thanks for these for wonderful course.