Back to Modern Supervisor Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Modern Supervisor Skills by Institute of Certified Professional Managers

This course provides the essential skills and knowledge that you as a supervisor will need to understand and communicate effectively with employees and customers from a wide variety of backgrounds. At its conclusion, you will be able to: • Describe the nature of a supervisor’s position and its role in building a positive work environment. • Identify and apply skills for communicating effectively with individuals and groups. • Explain the implications of a culturally diverse society and workforce. • Explain why a strong customer service culture is crucial to organizational success. • Explain the role of the supervisor in creating a customer-centric organization. Most importantly, you will be able to apply this knowledge immediately to be an effective, efficient supervisor and deal with employees, other managers and customers appropriately and effectively. If you want to become or are currently working as a supervisor, this course is made for you. You do not need to have management or supervisory. If you have a high school diploma or its equivalent and a few years of work experience, you are qualified for this course. There are no prerequisites for this course, and you do not need any special software....

LJ
Feb 10, 2021

As a current cleaning supervisor, this course has taught me many important things regarding my position. I am really thankful for all what I have learned. I will continue with the next course.

GG
Jan 19, 2021

Great course to offer on coursera with flexible terms of study and adequate materials to equip students to pass their assignments, earn a certificate and build on their career.

1 - 25 of 50 Reviews for Modern Supervisor Skills

By Mc f

Dec 5, 2020

Everything was very educational. Briefly concise and easy to understand. It was an amazing learning experience. Thank you.

By Kaboos B H Q

Nov 24, 2020

It seemed very timely after I finished the training. From this training one can learn about modern Supervision techniques, can learn understanding employees & handling them smartly, can learn US laws. This course is basically on Human Resource Management & Compliance Management. There's no substitute of Modern Supervisor Skills to sustain a business in this competitive world.

By Bernard D V

Dec 14, 2020

Really good course! You will have the opportunity to study a lot of subjects that are very useful for any managers (create a positive workplace, communicate the right way, build a service culture...). The course is very complete and is very efficient in its delivery. The only thing that could have been improved is the video and audio quality but that's a detail.

By Ramona M

Nov 30, 2020

This course is very informative and very well put together, I highly recommend it and will be advising all my friends to take this course.

By Guilherme R

Apr 12, 2021

Um excelente curso pois abrange todos os aspectos ligados a gerência. Você aprenderá sobre vendas, comportamento, clientes, como levar sua mensagem a diversos comandados e de acordo com seu perfil. Diversidade e assédio também é discutida neste curso. Indico mesmo para quem não tem a intenção de tornar-se um gerente pois é possível entender como são tomadas suas decisões e a balança em que ele se encontra, atendendo as necessidades da empresa e adequando as demandas aos funcionários.

By Teena R

Mar 21, 2021

I am glad that I competed this course, it helps to develop our supervisory skills in order to professionally manage our team. Weekly discussion forums, mandatory Peer Graded Assignment are very interesting, we can assess the work of our peer, get to know the different perspectives, and learn more insightful information. Thanks to Coursera for making it happen.

By Jennifer O

Feb 1, 2021

I feel very excited and honored having a certificate on coursera it was worth the time, dedication and effort. now i can boldly say i am a certified trained supervisor that can fit any organization, i can even revamp an organization that has lost its glory if given that autonomous power to practice.

By Craig P

Feb 26, 2021

The modern supervisor skills training module was a very good and up-to-date refresher on the basic requirements needed to be a good supervisor. Reviewing the peer reviewed assignments gave me a few ideas of how to improve my supervisory skills and future performance.

By Cynthia L B

Apr 28, 2021

BEST COURSE EVER. VERY EDUCATIVE. LEARNT HOW TO HANDLE DIVERSITY, CREATE A STRONG CUSTOMER-CENTRIC CULTURE, COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY WITH GROUP AND INDIVIDUALS. LEARNT TO BUILD A HEALTHY WORKING ENVIRONMENT TO BALANCE ORGANIZATIONAL GOALS

By Joshua A

Mar 5, 2021

very engaging and educative course.....I recommend the course for any professional seeking to learn or to improve his or her managerial skills and competences.........a lot of rich material is provided in this course........

By Leonardo J

Feb 11, 2021

By Gifty G

Jan 20, 2021

By Muhammad I

May 6, 2021

I cannot rate it more than five stars :)

I will keep it among top courses ever i have attended on Coursera.

By Louis B R G

Jul 1, 2021

C​ontains lots of good information and challenges you at the end to apply what you should have leant.

By Hazel A W

Feb 10, 2021

It was very informative and provided me with many valuable skills to improve as a supervisor.

By Antholyn J

Apr 27, 2021

Awesome course outline, I am looking forward to learning more through this institute

By Tan K W

Dec 13, 2020

Great course provided with sufficient knowledge that enables us to advance further.

By Myo A

Nov 13, 2020

This Course is grate for me, I get more supervisor knowledge from this course

By Adnan A S

May 25, 2021

It really helped me in getting my skills upgraded . Moving to Next Course

By Ramon P

Dec 2, 2020

Muy buen curso donde aprendes habilidades sobre todo interpersonales

By Mariah J B

Jul 12, 2021

I loved this course, worth it all. I will to continue to do more!

Apr 8, 2021

This is a great course. Thanks to instructor and Coursera.

By Mazen t

Feb 4, 2021

amazing helped see things from different prespective

By David T

Jun 11, 2021

Lots of logical & pragmatic skills taught

By Sylesh S

Feb 3, 2021

A very effective course, i just loved it