Back to The Age of Sustainable Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Age of Sustainable Development by Columbia University

The Age of Sustainable Development" gives students an understanding of the key challenges and pathways to sustainable development - that is, economic development that is also socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable....

LG
May 18, 2017

This course was perfect for those wanting to explore the world of development, broad enough to include all interlinked themes, with sufficient reading materials to spark one's specializing interests.

AA
Jun 1, 2020

Very informative and detailed. Prof. Sachs covers all aspects of sustainable development in detail. Though the course was designed in 2013 hence does not cover the latest development to SDGs to date.

226 - 250 of 849 Reviews for The Age of Sustainable Development

By raja a

Mar 3, 2017

Thank you Professor Sachs for the lectures. Truly delightful and enjoyable to learn through the courses, and see humanity's inspiring endeavours in setting our path into the age of sustainable development!

By SHAZAD K

Mar 30, 2018

Excellent course presented by on the leading experts on sustainable development. Extremely interesting and engaging. It should be a mandatory course for all college students regardless of their faculty.

By shane

Jul 16, 2017

this class is simply amazing. i dont have enough time to describe how informational this classs is and how well rounded it has made my education. i have taken this class 3 times and its simply wonderful.

By Rosa C P

Feb 14, 2020

Es un curso interesantísimo, que te enseña la complejidad del concepto de desarrollo sostenible desde un lenguaje directo y sencillo. Las referencias y los argumentos del Profesor Sachs son brillantes.

By Jeavonna L C

Apr 13, 2017

Really enjoyed this course. Learned a great deal about ways to effectively make change locally and globally. Also learned a great deal about past failures. The readings were exptensive but outstanding.

By Martina C

Feb 25, 2017

Prof. Sachs was able to open my eyes about a lot of subjects I had never deepen before. I suggest this coure to anyone wants to become more aware of the real life that surrounds us. Thanks Prof. Sachs!

By Linda T P

Apr 18, 2017

Great course. Interesting to learn about historical errors and what lead to the SDG's.

Sustainable Development is the way to go.

An update would be interesting though

Thank You Pr Sachs and mentors.

By August R

Apr 11, 2018

loved it! Jeffery Sachs once came to our university to have a speech (Peking University) and I wanted to read his book when i found out about this course. This course was better than hoped for!

By Harsh H D

Jan 24, 2020

I learnt the true meaning of sustainable development across the 3 dimensions of People, Planet and Profit. Highly enriching and insightful. Kudos to Prof Sachs to make the course so engaging.

By Laila I

Jun 10, 2017

This course gave me a clear explanation about sustainable development in various aspects. Informative and enlightening. Recommended for everybody interested in macroscale sustainable issue.

By Simon v d B

Oct 22, 2015

Excellent programme. Basic introduction of concepts like Gross Domestic Product and Purchasing Power Parity, presented in a relaxed way along with video footage.

Definitely worth your time.

By Ahmad S H

Sep 15, 2020

This course have been very informative, engaging, practical and utmost importance for our future survival. I learnt a lot of important concepts regarding sustainability of our human race.

By Eyüp K

Sep 21, 2019

I am working in low middle income country as an expat environmental engineer. This course has helped me to understand relations between institutions and set up better relations with them.

By Emmanuel J V P

Jan 25, 2016

I like a lot when in the tests you have to search in a graph, it really let you know where to search some informations and also to know how other countries are in that area or situation.

By Laura M V

Jul 1, 2020

A very holistic approach. I did learn quite interesting things and I am motivated to contribute with ideas to the complex challenge we all must be committed to: sustainable development.

By Elizabeth B

Aug 3, 2017

Super course very thought provoking and interesting. Certainly the content is bang on time wise. Really enjoyed it and Jeffrey Sachs passion for our world and it's people is infectious.

By Estela G

Sep 8, 2015

A very complete view of sustainable development, from all kind of perspectives from global development goals to fighting the poor and from climate change to sustainable food production.

By Ignatius L

Oct 9, 2019

Indepth coverage of major issue on on planet. In spite of the negative implication Prof Sachs was positive enough to point humans in the right direction. Thank you for your lectures.

By Thomas M S

Jan 31, 2016

The course itself is excellent. I just wished they got rid of the zooming in on graphs. Also, there is some issues with making the quizzes depend on web links that change over time.

By Kathleen P

Feb 17, 2017

Really good course as introduction to Sustainable development, includes main concepts and history require to have a general understanding of the subject. Very good examples and tests

Oct 14, 2015

I've opted for this course as a continuation to the Introduction to Sustainable Development and I am glad I did. Very well explained and structured for easy understanding. Thank you!

By Revanth V

Aug 30, 2020

Excellent course,very well taught by prof.Jeffrey Sachs.Though it is quite old course it is recommended for todays times. many broken links in quizzes hope they rectify them soon:)

By Gilberto O S

Aug 11, 2017

It is an excellent course for the clarity of the teacher, the dates and the proposal for face the big challenges of the sustainable development. Also, es deep and complete. Thanks.

By Paul C

Very useful introduction to sustainable development in reference to multiple concepts. The course is a great overview before delving into more specialized areas for further study.

By Juan D P E

Oct 8, 2019

This is a complete, extensive and comprehensive course on Sustainable Development. I highly recommend this course to anyone who is interested on this urgent and fascinating topic.