Back to Synapses, Neurons and Brains

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Synapses, Neurons and Brains by Hebrew University of Jerusalem

These are very unique times for brain research. The aperitif for the course will thus highlight the present “brain-excitements” worldwide. You will then become intimately acquainted with the operational principles of neuronal “life-ware” (synapses, neurons and the networks that they form) and consequently, on how neurons behave as computational microchips and how they plastically and constantly change - a process that underlies learning and memory. Recent heroic attempts to realistically simulate large cortical networks in the computer will be highlighted (e.g., “the Blue Brain Project”) and processes related to perception, cognition and emotions in the brain will be discussed. For dessert we will deliberate on the future of brain research, including the questions of “brain and art”, consciousness and free will. For more information see the course promo below and read “About the course.”...

A

Aug 14, 2017

Excellent teaching by Sir. He has created one more enthusiast in the journey of decoding Human Brain. Thank you Sir, getting my basics clear and this will help me to be better Neuro/AI researcher.

DD

Sep 18, 2015

It is a very interesting and well-done course about neurobiology. Prof. Sedev has many interactive tasks and he tries to explain details as easy as possible. All in all it is understandable.

76 - 100 of 249 Reviews for Synapses, Neurons and Brains

By Shira B

Nov 05, 2015

Im so thankful for you and this great instructor for giving people who are not a degree intelligent, likeike me, the exes to such a beautiful important knowledge! shira

By Lior S

May 06, 2020

Intersting course that will give you a preview to the modern work in neurobilogy research and explain the basics of neuron networks. Well explained and high recommended

By Lewis D E

Nov 22, 2016

This is as good a ciurse as I have had including all my live courses as an undergraduate and through my doctorate. This man really knows how to teach a complex course,

By Jonathan G

Oct 20, 2015

This course was good, but the videos presented kept breaking down or stopping in the middle of the lecture. It was hard to focus or learn anything properly.

By Rodrigo P d O

Sep 16, 2017

It is one amazing opportunity to everyone who wants to increase your knowledge about this wonderful machine that is our brain!! Sidan is a great teacher!!!

By Mhar Y Á

Mar 26, 2017

A very complete course! I got a little confused with the mathematical part, but I understand everything better than before the course.

Thank you so much!

By Miftah U M

Jun 21, 2020

That was an excellent course. Thank you professor Idan segev for beautiful and artistic presentation. it motivates me to learning about brain more.

By Lucky P

Mar 20, 2016

Very comprehensive and interesting. Intellectually stimulating lectures and content. Some of the content was challenging but in an enjoyable way.

By Karthik S K

Jul 25, 2016

Awesome experience after getting synapsed with Dr.Idan Segev's thoughts and amazing lectures. This course changed my spiking pattern entirely!!

By Tony A

Aug 11, 2015

Excellent and engaging course addressing the subject matter from a different perspective from other neurobiology courses available on Coursera.

By Marjan A A

Jul 22, 2020

I have found the course very useful, the material were really interesting and beneficial for neuroscientist! thank you so much!

regards,

Marjan

By Arabinda s

Feb 26, 2020

this course is very interesting and consisting with lot of information and proper teaching which can give interest and love for neuroscience.

By Terry C

Nov 09, 2015

I love this course. I'm failing all the quizzes because I don't have the maths, but I get the concepts and for my purposes that's enough.

By 志恒 郑

Jun 29, 2016

Good teachers with amazing material, a fascinating journey to the neural science, yet simple enough to understand without much efforts.

By Reto W

Oct 26, 2015

Awesome material. The Concepts are well explained. Only downside in my opinion are the lectures slides, which could have a cleaner look.

By Symeon M

A very nice tutorial, very well explained on the discoveries of the human brain. Perhaps a starting point for ML in computer science.

By marly u r

May 17, 2018

Foi o curso mais difícil de todos que cursei no Coursera. aprendi muito e devo muitos agradecimentos ao professor Idan e sua equipe.

By Francisco G

Sep 21, 2015

This course is perfect for novices. Idan Segev is a great teacher; I look forward to participate in another course lectured by him.

By Carola G

Apr 26, 2018

Very interesting course. The instructor managed to impart the, at least for me, not easy subject comprehensible and fascinating.

By Jun L

Jan 16, 2017

Very good and advanced course. I have learned so much from this course and also established my strong interest in neuroscience,

By rabinder h

Aug 15, 2015

Dear Professor

One of the best courses online particularly in Neurotechnology!

Got to work really hard !

Rabinder Henry

By Mohammed L

Sep 26, 2015

Amazing course.

Wonderful scientist teaching.

Course should be open all the time for the people to take up any time and learn.

By Miguel D

Jul 30, 2020

An amazing experience. I learned so much and this course is from 2013. We are all waiting for you professor. Again thank you

By Mauricio G S

Apr 30, 2020

UN EXCELENTE CURSO, AUNQUE ME COSTÓ UN POCO PORQUE TENÍA QUE ESTAR TRADUCIENDO, PERO LO RECOMIENDO AMPLIAMENTE. SALUDOS.

By Marcos H N A

Mar 03, 2020

Excellet couse and teacher. Very important for my formation. I like make the course. Thank´s for the oportunity. Marcos