Back to Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis by Johns Hopkins University

We will introduce methods to perform systematic reviews and meta-analysis of clinical trials. We will cover how to formulate an answerable research question, define inclusion and exclusion criteria, search for the evidence, extract data, assess the risk of bias in clinical trials, and perform a meta-analysis. Upon successfully completing this course, participants will be able to: - Describe the steps in conducting a systematic review - Develop an answerable question using the “Participants Interventions Comparisons Outcomes” (PICO) framework - Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of clinical trials - Describe methods to critically assess the risk of bias of clinical trials - Describe and interpret the results of meta-analyses...

MJ

Jan 08, 2019

Although introductory, I do carry out reviews as a researcher. I Learned a lot to improve my systematic reviews through this course. High quality, though the music could be a little less intense.

PS

Aug 23, 2019

Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis course is a very good source for beginners which provides an overview on fundamental terminology and steps involved in the systematic review.

101 - 125 of 294 Reviews for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

By Sergey V P

Jan 31, 2017

Great course.

By sanaabelrhiti

Jan 12, 2017

By Luis W

Jun 16, 2016

Very well explained. It takes you step by step into the vast world of systematic review

By Harmeet K

Dec 14, 2016

Excellent Course. The lectures were very clear and crisp with good examples. The method of evaluation was excellent.

By Ramesh C

Oct 12, 2016

I never had prior exposure to online courses, this is my first experience and I am very happy to complete the course successfully. It was a very good forum and an excellent opportunity to learn about systematic reviews and meta-analysis from one among the world class university. I express my sincere thanks to Coursera and Johns Hopkins University for providing an excellent course.

By Mohammed A H A

Jan 25, 2017

It is Amazing course thanks for JHH and thanks for Coursera.

By Paul H

Jul 23, 2017

Benchmark for an online short course. Excellent.

By Mukesh P

Apr 12, 2018

Great teaching and great learning experience from the expertise

By Shu C

Oct 29, 2016

Covered basic information regarding systematic review and meta-analysis. Certain tools were introduced.

By Lily K

Jan 07, 2017

This course is awesome! I love it so much

By Adam O

Nov 27, 2016

Great

By Jonathan J D J

Mar 05, 2017

Excellent Course

By Kusse K T

Sep 23, 2017

I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude for the organizers of this courses from Johns Hopkins University and for the Coursera platform for making this courses possible. The course instructors are world class experts who share their experiences with out any reservation.

I have really enjoyed every piece of this course and have learned a lot. As it coincided with my thesis proposal work, it also helped me a lot in writing my masters proposal.

I would like to recommend this course for all with out any reservation.

Kusse Koirita(MD), MPH-IH Candidate at Institute of Tropical Medicine Antwerp, Belgium.

By Alessandro R

Nov 07, 2017

Very relevant material, and good pace of lessons. I started applying what I learnt in this course almost immediately

By Dr. D R P

Nov 22, 2016

my first education with coursea. Awesome.

By Gargi A J

Mar 05, 2017

Very informative and systematic. But have to pay attention to the terms because it can be quiet difficult for the beginners in this field.

By Scott H

Mar 17, 2017

The best systematic review and meta analysis course I have taken thus far. Great information and delivery!!

By Neelakanta R B

Apr 10, 2017

Easily understandable well designed course Modules with flexibility to choose time and target dates.Module assessment formats are very simple and user friendly.Peer Graded assignments were self explanatory to answer the questions .Overall i have enjoyed the content and the course

By José A H S

Aug 22, 2017

It is direct and very easy to understand.

By Divya S P

Aug 26, 2017

It was a very useful course

By Estibalitz L

Sep 16, 2017

Great course. Clear and precise

By Chris C

Aug 18, 2017

I work in a practice environment where assessing the quality of evidence for interventions is becoming more critical from the perspective of resource allocation. This wonderful equips the user with the fundamental concepts and methods for conducting systematic literature reviews and meta-analyses. My only quibble, which is relatively small, is that the course is very clinically focused. For those of us working in public health, it would be useful to have non-clinical examples of interventions eg. physical activity, diet, and tobacco cessation. Otherwise, I couldn't recommend this course more to researchers and practitioners interested in answering the questions: what works; what works better based on resources? As a JHU alum,. I am proud of the quality and rigor of this course. Thank you!

By daniela a

Oct 16, 2017

Excelente course! The lectures were great very well explained and with accurate examples. I would have liked to see a little bit more of how to do a Meta-analysis in a software (like Stata for example) but as an Introducttion I would say it is perfect.

By Gideon T Y C

May 21, 2017

Very informative and useful for students new to the subject.