Back to Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms by Relay Graduate School of Education

Positive psychology meets K-12 pedagogy. This course explores key ideas of positive psychology and shows how great teachers apply those lessons to maximize student engagement and accomplishment. Through lectures, discussions, interviews and footage of great educators in action, you’ll learn how to integrate character-based objectives into your own teaching....

LM

Jan 06, 2019

This course gives great examples related to how to integrate character development through teacher feedback in a positive, respective and encouraging manner that develops resiliency and self-efficacy.

CA

Jun 05, 2020

This is a very comprehensive course and all the sources they use are very concise and educational. I recommend this course to both teachers and parents to strengthen the character of their children.

51 - 75 of 220 Reviews for Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms

By Poorvi A G

Dec 03, 2019

This is a beneficial course specially those who are in the field of education and psychology. It has helped me to groom myself with respect to various aspects of behaviour and teaching

By kalyani g

Apr 21, 2016

Loved learning every information provided in this course. A course must for all the educators ,trainers,teachers ,parents and all who believe in bringing change in this modern world.

By Gertruida J C V

Aug 22, 2017

This is such a practically useful course, that has really helped me in the classroom - regardless of the age of the child! Thank you to all those who made this course possible!

By Sardonyx S

Jul 02, 2020

Wow! This course was interesting from the beginning to the end. It will help you understand how to change your classroom to a positive, happy and enabling place for learning.

By Johannah W

Oct 05, 2016

I absolutely loved this course and have recommended it to many teachers and other humans too! Great information given in a meaningful but manageable way. Highly recommend it!

By K R

Jan 06, 2020

I enjoyed during the course. I learnt a important aspect of classroom i.e knowing and appreciating character strength of students. I will practice this to motivate students.

By Elena C N D

Aug 23, 2015

Fun, down-to-earth, with great interviews with awesome researchers! Levin is energetic and he gives very good advice that really help you practice the content in the course.

By Kerri A

Sep 20, 2019

Excellent course that really helped me think about my teaching and my interaction with my students. I am more aware of the language that I use and the tone that I set.

By Vasiliki P

Mar 21, 2017

Great course with plenty of new information I had never heard of! Very helpful and interesting not only for teachers but for anyone who want to expand their knowledge!!

By naila q

Jun 28, 2017

Great course! Lots of great articles, interviews by professionals, great reflection question. I learned a lot that I can apply to my classroom and everyday life.

By Jodee W

May 23, 2016

Great course! I really learned a lot from the lectures and got to integrate the material through the assessments. I loved the peer review element to the course.

By Jayanthi S

Apr 30, 2020

Its been an authentic learning experience with coursera, expecially this course and course materials has aided in improving my skills and enhancing my career.

By Syeda F M

Oct 11, 2018

This course helped me a lot to allow myself to grow my abilities within me and professionally. Our teacher in this course Dave Levin was a great inspiration

By NUR S N B M F

Oct 25, 2019

It's a good course to learn about.I leaned many new things that I can apply one day I become a teacher.It also helps me in many ways to improve my skills.

By 高格格

Sep 10, 2019

Thanks for this course. I know more about character strength and how to develop them. i believe that it would help me to be a good and qualified teacher.

By Yudi H

Oct 07, 2015

Very useful and interesting! You will not only learn how to teach during the course but also you will learn how to develop yourself into a better person!

By Talita F

Oct 11, 2015

Excellent course, way beyond my expectations. Useful lessons and exercises, nice lectures and assingments!!!

I recommend it to any teacher or parent.

By Michael O

Feb 06, 2016

This is a very practical and thought-provoking course. Very worthwhile, engaging, challenging and interactive. Highly recommend it to others.

By SITI N A Z

Oct 25, 2019

A very good course to have a better understanding on how to teach a good character that will be a catalyst for student to understand better

By Vaaruni

This course was educational and fun. I have learnt so much from this course through the different assignments and case studies. Thank you!

By Kopaila P

Mar 05, 2020

I was introduced to the world of positive psychology and had fun, while learning new things through the peer graded assignments.

By Natan A

Mar 05, 2019

Videos were extremely clear and informative! Assignments were relatively short and at a good level!

Thanks for a great course!

By Sean M

Jun 26, 2016

I found this to be a very informative Course. This is my first one here on Coursera and I am sure it will not be my last......

By Samantha B

Mar 15, 2018

Really good material. Great video's of real-life practice from highly skilled teachers. Solid structured course for learning.

By Ruben D S M

A new way or method that exposes the need to keep discussing this education theory by doing it and by openly speaking it.