Back to Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms by Relay Graduate School of Education

Positive psychology meets K-12 pedagogy. This course explores key ideas of positive psychology and shows how great teachers apply those lessons to maximize student engagement and accomplishment. Through lectures, discussions, interviews and footage of great educators in action, you’ll learn how to integrate character-based objectives into your own teaching....

LM

Jan 06, 2019

This course gives great examples related to how to integrate character development through teacher feedback in a positive, respective and encouraging manner that develops resiliency and self-efficacy.

PL

Oct 15, 2016

This is really helpful. I've noticed that after taking this course, I am applying it to the actual field especially in my daily conversations with my students. I'm very happy because of this course!

176 - 200 of 213 Reviews for Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms

By Richa S

May 02, 2018

great

By lily.huang

Oct 31, 2016

Good

By Ellen F

Jul 06, 2020

A very good course. This course started with a review on positive psychology and its relationship to education, focusing on "Growth Mindset", "Grit" , and other character traits related to academic success. It presented some very clear advice for teachers wishing to encourage success by rewarding effort and simple hard work in the classroom. Teaching isn't easy and many students become discouraged. I thought that one of the best things about this course was the idea that even simple changes in the teacher's wording of a response or in his/her facial expressions might impact a student's attitude about success in the classroom. Beyond this, many academic lessons can be combined with relevant character lessons such that students benefit with increased motivation and less fear of failure.

By Kelli S

Oct 08, 2017

There is a technical glitch that shows that you have completed a section of peer reviews even when you haven't. If I hadn't tried to pull up my certificate on the last day, I would have had to switch sessions...for the second time. Unfortunately, there is no recourse for talking to someone directly to fix the glitch. Other than that, it is a fantastic course with easily applicable lessons shared at a great pace with classroom examples. I learned a ton and began immediately applying strategies to my classroom.

By Theodoros F

Aug 19, 2016

Good course, interesting theory, opens up a new thinking process for planning classes. The dual purpose classes, i.e. content plus the development of some of those characters strengths discussed in the course will certainly be much more problematic than presented; also the evaluation of character strengths will certainly be problematic for some time to come, but the course is till worth taking.

By Tereza F

May 12, 2020

I didn't know what to expect, and I was pleasantly surprised. I would wish for a bit more practical/concrete hints on creating the dual purpose lessons in other subjects than reading, but that's something I can probably think about by myself.

I really learned a lot about myself and the way I can teach in the class.

By Riin A

Aug 24, 2015

Quite informative. However, if you are not working as a teacher while taking this course it is a bit hard to do the assignments.

By Christine R

May 16, 2020

Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms was a good course. I learned a lot about teaching character to students.

By Ashley W

Oct 22, 2015

Full of great ideas about teaching character. I see that my approach to teaching has shifted and my students are benefiting.

By Gehad G M

Mar 04, 2019

a nice course if u want to know ur students well and also learn about how to have a positive characters in ur class :)

By Barbara M

Dec 29, 2015

Usable information, well-presented, very accessible. Videos of teachers in class add a great deal to the content.

By Jason B

Jun 10, 2018

good to start a journey towards understanding an approach of integration of character into lessons.

By Anastasia M

Nov 01, 2015

Very good course, easy to attend and informative. I learned new things in a pleasant way.

By dennis j

Nov 26, 2017

excellent course well presented, wish it were a bit longer did not want to stop!

By mohamed e

Jul 22, 2020

needed to be a little bit longer amazing course thank you so much for your help

By Anchal M

Aug 13, 2016

the course enlightens from within and motivates to teach in right direction

By Cory J

Dec 19, 2019

Great content but not as informative as what I was hoping to learn.