Back to Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms by Relay Graduate School of Education

Positive psychology meets K-12 pedagogy. This course explores key ideas of positive psychology and shows how great teachers apply those lessons to maximize student engagement and accomplishment. Through lectures, discussions, interviews and footage of great educators in action, you’ll learn how to integrate character-based objectives into your own teaching....

LM
Jan 5, 2019

This course gives great examples related to how to integrate character development through teacher feedback in a positive, respective and encouraging manner that develops resiliency and self-efficacy.

PL
Oct 14, 2016

This is really helpful. I've noticed that after taking this course, I am applying it to the actual field especially in my daily conversations with my students. I'm very happy because of this course!

51 - 75 of 245 Reviews for Teaching Character and Creating Positive Classrooms

By Kelsey M

The content of the course is great, but the peer reviewed assignments are lacking as it seems that many who are enrolled in the course do not understand the questions or the answers that they are reviewing.

By Olivier G

Apr 3, 2017

Great ! The animation of the course is punchy and highly participative (lot of peer graded assignments), the contents are of high level - and Dave is driving the course with enthousiasm and joy

I recommend !

By CHRISPINUS S

Jun 30, 2020

The best course on teaching character. The character lessons are to be integrated into the syllabus such that no extra time is required. I recommend it to all teachers. Your class will never be the same.

By Giulio M

A very interesting course not only for teachers but for anyone working in professions aimed at personal growth of children and young people. The course allows you to improve your relationship with them.

By MUSTAFA

Jan 27, 2016

I have learned a lot of things from this course. I definitely suggest you take this course and apply your class. When you are done with the course, you will discover yourself and your students one more.

By Lisa M

Jan 6, 2019

By Tony J

Nov 29, 2020

Thank you for a very informative and well-paced course that is able to be to put into use immediately. I highly recommend this for all teachers, coaches and individuals who work with young people.

By Lilas C

Dec 7, 2020

Absolutely incredible and extremely helpful! I love how it has realistic approaches to dealing with children! Parents and teachers HAVE to take this course! Thank you Coursera and thank you Dave!

By Ivy B

Jul 12, 2020

I would recommend this course to everyone who desire to impact children. This course leaves you with immediate ways to apply what was learned in the classroom to every day interaction.

By Poorvi A G

Dec 2, 2019

This is a beneficial course specially those who are in the field of education and psychology. It has helped me to groom myself with respect to various aspects of behaviour and teaching

By kalyani g

Apr 21, 2016

Loved learning every information provided in this course. A course must for all the educators ,trainers,teachers ,parents and all who believe in bringing change in this modern world.

By Gertruida J C V

Aug 22, 2017

This is such a practically useful course, that has really helped me in the classroom - regardless of the age of the child! Thank you to all those who made this course possible!

By PureGrace O

Jul 2, 2020

Wow! This course was interesting from the beginning to the end. It will help you understand how to change your classroom to a positive, happy and enabling place for learning.

By Johannah W

Oct 4, 2016

I absolutely loved this course and have recommended it to many teachers and other humans too! Great information given in a meaningful but manageable way. Highly recommend it!

By K R

Jan 6, 2020

I enjoyed during the course. I learnt a important aspect of classroom i.e knowing and appreciating character strength of students. I will practice this to motivate students.

By Elena N D

Aug 23, 2015

Fun, down-to-earth, with great interviews with awesome researchers! Levin is energetic and he gives very good advice that really help you practice the content in the course.

By Parikshit H

Jul 17, 2021

This course has helped me mould my character into a responsible teacher who exudes positive vibe and strengthens the character of his students in the best possible manner.

By Kerri A

Sep 20, 2019

Excellent course that really helped me think about my teaching and my interaction with my students. I am more aware of the language that I use and the tone that I set.

By Vasiliki P

Mar 21, 2017

Great course with plenty of new information I had never heard of! Very helpful and interesting not only for teachers but for anyone who want to expand their knowledge!!

By naila q

Jun 28, 2017

Great course! Lots of great articles, interviews by professionals, great reflection question. I learned a lot that I can apply to my classroom and everyday life.

By Jodee W

May 22, 2016

Great course! I really learned a lot from the lectures and got to integrate the material through the assessments. I loved the peer review element to the course.

By Jayanthi S

Apr 30, 2020

Its been an authentic learning experience with coursera, expecially this course and course materials has aided in improving my skills and enhancing my career.

By Syeda F M

Oct 11, 2018

This course helped me a lot to allow myself to grow my abilities within me and professionally. Our teacher in this course Dave Levin was a great inspiration

By NUR S N B M F

Oct 24, 2019

It's a good course to learn about.I leaned many new things that I can apply one day I become a teacher.It also helps me in many ways to improve my skills.

By 高格格

Sep 10, 2019

Thanks for this course. I know more about character strength and how to develop them. i believe that it would help me to be a good and qualified teacher.