Back to The Business of Product Management I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Business of Product Management I by Advancing Women in Tech

Sponsored by AMAZON WEB SERVICES (AWS). Learn real-world PM lessons from Amazon, Intuit, Procter and Gamble, Barnes and Noble, Whole Foods, Google, Mint Mobile, Juicero, Twitter, Tesla, Dropbox, Eventbrite, Blue, Samson, Coffee Meets Bagel, Mixpanel, and more! Featuring: * NANCY WANG, Head of Data Protection Services, Amazon Web Services; Founder and CEO, Advancing Women in Product * WAYNE DUSO, Vice President for Edge Computing, File Services, and Data Services, Amazon Web Services * ARUM KANG, Co-Founder & CEO, Coffee Meets Bagel * AMIR MOVAFAGHI, CEO, Mixpanel; former Global Head of Business of Operations, Twitter....

Apr 4, 2021

I really enjoyed this course because it was a good balance between the lectures and assignments. Doing the assignments not only helped me increase my confidence but also helped me expand my thinking.

RR
Dec 2, 2020

Fantastic course. I really enjoyed the interviews with industry experts. They were extremely insightful. The exercises and assignments were super useful and the templates made it easy to get started.

51 - 75 of 202 Reviews for The Business of Product Management I

By Pratheep R

Sep 1, 2021

Lectures centre less on theory and more on real world skills. Liked doing the assignments for each module or skill, as you learn way more by doing than just listening to the videos. The videos too were concise and to the point. Definitely would recommend this course for budding and new product managers.

By Kierra A

Jan 27, 2021

This is the second product management course I've taken on Coursera, and I found it so helpful. You finish the course with a product portfolio that you develop in peer-reviewed assignments, and the "lectures" are very informative. The whole class is helpful and has a great balance of learning and doing.

By Lyndal H

Apr 11, 2021

Absolutely loved this course. It taught all the fundamentals that I was looking to learn such as TAM / SAM, / SOM, MVP's, competitor analysis and building customer personas. Great level of interactivity throughout kept me engaged. As a new product manager, this got me at exactly the point that I needed

By dyson d

Mar 2, 2021

Great Introductory course. well explained and well structured.

Would recommend it to folks who are interested in getting aligned to a product mindset.

I did find it difficult to get bureau data or recognized source of information for my Competitive analysis exercise and had to assume a lot of numbers.

By Ivanov P A

Aug 16, 2021

It was interesting. The best is the practical tasks - their quantity and volume. Good to have a lot work to practice. Interviews are the weakest part of course: they are to general and contain to many obvious ideas. Wish to make them more pointed, detailed with real experience examples. Thank you.

By Phoebe L

Mar 2, 2021

I have a much greater understanding now of what a PM's job is. I've worked with many PMs in the past, but never had a great understanding of what they did and what their responsibilities were. I'm excited to take the rest of the courses in the specialization and grow my knowledge even further.

By Joshua H

May 3, 2021

Great course. The course taught you how to think about products and gave modern examples. The content is as recent as 1 year ago. The amount of work was perfect. It gave you the flexibility to dig into the projects if you wanted but wasn't so easy that you can guess your way through it.

By Carla P

Jul 28, 2021

Deep introduction with lots of good information. For me, it is about learning a new lingo, as I have been doing the function of PM for many years but under the marketing umbrella and therefore, with a slightly different vocabulary. I am eager to start the next module. Thank you!

By skurella

Dec 16, 2020

The course is very engaging and in my view well structured. The videos were not too long and each topic is very clearly introduced. The interviews with industry leaders and their experience keeps the student engaged and helps them get the perspective of experienced leaders.

By Lauren D

Oct 13, 2021

Nancy was very relatable and I really enjoyed that she brought in outside real world speakers. Unlike grad school and focusing on textbooks from professors who never worked in the real world, this course brings you tangible examples from people in the actual profession.

By Pierfrancesco M

Dec 17, 2020

This course offers good examples of real world cases with excellent testimonials by key industry profiles. At the beginning, proposed assignments seem challenging but after few tries you feel more confident, eager to put your own effort and eventually you feel inspired.

By Vedrana M

Dec 2, 2020

I loved this course. My favorite parts were the exercises. I appreciated the templates (e.g. competitive analysis) that AWIP provided as they differed from the ones that I have seen used in my sector. Overall, I think the course was worth the money and time. Thank you.

By Nirupama P V

Mar 28, 2021

I really loved this course- the videos were detailed and engaging. The interview-style conversations reinforced the concepts and introduced the practical aspects. The assignments were truly the best- they forced me to think and apply to my own (digital) products.

By Prathamesh P

May 9, 2021

So much value !!!

Appreciate all the insights from the industry and how they are varied in terms of the companies and domains. Pleasantly surprised to see a case study on a hardware product like Juicero.

Assignments were challenging in a way that kept me engaged.

By Leticia F

Nov 19, 2020

The course taught by Nancy Wang has been very helpful to understand Product Management in the real world. The quizzes and assignments have been very meaningful and comprehensive. I am looking forward to the next course, The Business of Product Management II.

By Arjun G

Nov 18, 2020

The depth of the the content and the hands on approach through working on a product idea were great. I think this course should highlight how this course can benefit not only folks looking for a role as a product manager but also founders of companies.

By Natasha L

May 12, 2021

Nancy's super knowledgeable; I had the most fun during her interviews with industry experts. Assignments were bite sized and relatively simple to complete. I like the real world scenarios, and I'm excited to get more deeper knowledge in the subject!

By Jigger S

Feb 19, 2021

Excellent content for Product Managers on various areas and strategies that they can delve into while building new products!. Thank you for sharing details! I would definitely use the concepts and learning in my career and for my next interview!

By Jérôme L

Nov 25, 2021

Those courses are really fantastic ! The only thing I have missed is a typical product management plan in order to get better organized amon all tasks of a PM when you are given the mission to launch a new product or develop an existing one.

By Emma P

Apr 29, 2021

I found this course very insightful and very beneficial for career growth. I would recommend this course to anyone looking to brush up on their PM skills or even someone looking to become a PM to learn the basics and skills of a PM.

By Jenny G

Mar 14, 2021

I really like the see one, do one, teach one approach that this course takes. Nancy does a great job of breaking down new concepts into digestible and actionable pieces. I'm looking forward to taking the next course in this series.

By Carol B

Jul 5, 2021

The material in this course was eye-opening for me. I have recently been named Product Manager in my company, but have never worn that title before. I needed to come up to speed very quickly and this material was helpful.

By Katelyn O

Oct 25, 2020

I really valued the content provided throughout the course. I appreciate the course work assigned and the template provided as I can use these templates in real life! I also really loved listening to the guest speakers.

By Ruoni W

Jan 2, 2021

This course is a great intro to product management. It takes you through the product management cycle and understand your core responsibilities and skills required. I also like the interviews with the CEOs of companies.

By Ash T

Aug 1, 2021

I am also taking another Product management specialization here on Coursera and I have to say that your specialization is more hands-on. Definitely learning some new things and I really like the concept of "Bar Raise"