Back to The Science of Well-Being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Well-Being by Yale University

In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life. THE SCIENCE OF WELL BEING WAS PRODUCED IN PART DUE TO THE GENEROUS FUNDING OF THE DAVID F. SWENSEN FUND FOR INNOVATION IN TEACHING....

JH
Jun 5, 2020

I couldn't have asked for a better class to be offered during this time. Got to learn a lot about myself and why I think or do certain things without even thinking about it. Thank you for this course!

JR
Jun 15, 2020

Love this course! Best class I’ve taken. I teach Social Skills and there are so many things I can incorporate into my classes as well as tools I can use in my own life! - Thank You!\n\nJessica Rhoades

201 - 225 of 8,931 Reviews for The Science of Well-Being

By Suné A B

Jul 2, 2020

It was an incredible course.

By Sarah F

Aug 7, 2020

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️. Great job!

By LaDonna M

Jun 19, 2020

Great course!!!

By annie t

Oct 1, 2019

The last 4 weeks where we implemented our choice action was anti-climactic..especially for me and maybe others who, except for one rewirement, specifically, meditation, had already implemented the other rewirements into our lives. I was disappointed. This was really a 4 week ish kind of course and without followup. I read most of my fellow-student musings and many were floundering. I know that one on one is not possible but brief Q and A's might have helped OR lectures from other experts (like me) who help people to accomplish their goals. The initial lectures were excellent, really and gave us researched-back knowledge and tools and that is where the real value lay. (as an aside, putting Yale on a pedestal and Yalies on it, did nothing for this online course but we took it with a grain of salt)

Nice job professor.. nice lecture delivery. thank you

By Abhishek P

Jul 2, 2020

It's been a wonderful experience to get to know what empirical sciences have to say about Happiness. The course has cleared some of the fundamental myths of living a happy life. I would say that it's a must for those who are at the threshold of taking imp career decisions. It's been amazing experience to attend the course under the guidance of Prof. Santos.

By Megan L

Nov 25, 2018

Really interesting and useful information. Since this course is now hosted on coursera for a global audience though I would suggest the professor re-film the course with that audience in mind. We aren't all privileged college students. It would be greatly appreciated for examples to be framed with a diverse audience in mind.

By Ernesto M C

Feb 19, 2019

Super interesting insights from Professor Santos. The course is an interesting curation of different behavioral and psychological studies on different aspects of life. Great for rethinking goals, prioritizing and having self-accountability.

By Marc A

Feb 14, 2019

I enjoyed the taught content and was particularly impressed by the integration of real life experiential stuff and habit change. The scope of wellbeing practices was pretty broad, though could have been broader.

By Teedara W

Mar 11, 2019

This course gives is a good balance of scientific information and also the ability to use the skills given to better improve your everyday well being.

By David G

Sep 10, 2018

Great sections on the misconceptions we all have about wellbeing, strategies for improving wellbeing and helping to build better habits.

By john l

Feb 16, 2019

Science showed that we can build habits to improve our well-being. It just takes practice and persistence.

By Harini

Jul 20, 2020

Good

By James H

Aug 22, 2019

Was good. There were a lot of points I already knew from basic youtube videos but there were also some new points about well being and positive psychology. The course doesn't go super in depth but I would say it's worth getting into especially if you're completely new to the concept of positive psychology.

By Yazan

Aug 26, 2019

Good insights, the professor keeps skipping things she told she would talk about, and she keeps changing one subject to another that makes it hard to grasp the concepts clearly!

By Rosa I

May 31, 2018

interesting course, good "life work" to help you build positive habits of mind. Would have preferred more guided online conversations amongst participants.

By Sónia I d C M C

Jul 7, 2020

The course should be based on a global culture, more generic and not so close to American culture and American authors.

By Silvana M C

Jul 24, 2019

In my opinion the teacher kept the same pace and voice, which made the course a little boring.

By Jennifer P

Jun 18, 2020

To me this course was very disappointing . The content of the course I feel was not worth the $50 I paid for and only received a printable certificate. Unfortunately I don't feel that the content put together really kept my interest. In my opinion there really was too much information with study results and not enough hands on with truly practicing well being and utilizing that in real life.

By DULCEMARIA G S

Jun 24, 2020

I did not like the course at all. The format is really boring and impersonal. The videos are too long, the content is repetitive. The exams have very specific questions and I did not like Laurie's attitude when teaching "class". Of course it is useful because the theory of this course is very important for life, however I am disappointed in it.