Back to Pre-Calculus: Trigonometry

Pre-Calculus: Trigonometry, University of California, Irvine

About this Course

This course covers mathematical topics in trigonometry. Trigonometry is the study of triangle angles and lengths, but trigonometric functions have far reaching applications beyond simple studies of triangles. This course is designed to help prepare students to enroll for a first semester course in single variable calculus. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Evaluate trigonometric functions using the unit circle and right triangle approaches 2. Solve trigonometric equations 3. Verify trigonometric identities 4. Prove and use basic trigonometric identities. 5. Manipulate trigonometric expressions using standard identities 6. Solve right triangles 7. Apply the Law of Sines and the Law of Cosines...

By EE

Aug 13, 2017

This is a superb class. Lecturers explained everything explicitly. The videos are not very long but the class covered all knowledge point about trigonometry. Very worth taking.

68 Reviews

By Deleted Account

Apr 07, 2019

By Sebastian Shaw

Apr 01, 2019

I am really grateful for this course.

It gives me the opportunity to get better at my math skills, so it improves my everyday thoughts throughout the day.

By Maria Elizabeth Maletta-Reitz

Feb 21, 2019

Really great way to learn Trigonometry at your own pace! A lot is covered without making it feel too heavy!

By Ekain Ripa

Feb 10, 2019

Sometimes I did not know how to write the answers.

By Pedram Samieyan

Feb 07, 2019

Just say, Awesome

TA

By Samuel James Pierce Cesena

Feb 05, 2019

narrator speaks in valley girl tone

By Nathan LaFratta

Feb 02, 2019

Great course, but there is no way to access help for quiz questions that you cannot solve.

By juan vazquez

Oct 16, 2018

My only complaint is the textbook. Although, it is well written, I believe that the Precalculus written by Jay Ahbrason from Arizona State U and publish by OpenStax is a better textbook in presenting the same material cover by the course.

I would also recommend that the authors of this course add a module on modeling with trigonometric functions and to create a course called Pre-Calculus: Series and Sequences to better prepare students for engineering and calculus courses.

Otherwise this a great course.

By MOIZ AHMED

Oct 08, 2018

Such an amazing experience and helpful teachers. I have completed this course in a week because of my addiction to this course and the reference material and videos that I was provided. Thank you my helpful mentors. Lots of love for UCI.

By CaroZ9999