Back to UI Design Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for UI Design Capstone by University of Minnesota

This Capstone Course for the UI Design Specialization is a group design project in which you will combine and demonstrate the user research, design/prototyping, and evaluation skills you've learned by designing the solution to one of a set of selected projects....

KA

Apr 25, 2019

What a wonderful experience ... took a lot of time to coordinate the teams from project lens but overall i find it SO GREAT HIGHLY recommend!

RR

Oct 30, 2017

Great, informative course! Excellent faculty, meaningful assignments, flexible timing.

1 - 14 of 14 Reviews for UI Design Capstone

By Tammie L

Nov 14, 2018

Awful, unorganized, and unattended. No accountability from the teaching assistants - questions never answered. Team members left the group and we weren't notified. Communication challenges between team members are not addressed - meaning we are teamed up with people who don't have access to Google or other products. That's never considered. If I had known any of this going in, I would have not taken this capstone. I'm taking the Interaction specialization and will just do their capstone to include in my portfolio. Awful.

By Eva H

Jan 27, 2019

Overall it's an excellent specialisation, it has good materials and videos.

I enjoyed all courses, although some of the videos felt a bit slow and in my opinion could be improved by being more dynamic, using more examples and images. The way assignments are reviewed could also be improved, maybe having a more thorough process, but in general it's a good system.

The capstone gives students the opportunity to work on a team-based project collaborating via Slack.

Completing this specialisation (together with the Graphic Design and Interaction Design Specialisations) helped me to land my first job as a UX Designer!

Very recommendable

Thank you!

By Julian R E

Mar 19, 2018

good project, excellent methodology. recommended for everyone that want to expand his UI UX knowledge.

By Gabriel T

Oct 05, 2017

This was a great learning experience. The entire staff kept you well informed of the most challenging aspects of a designed centered approach and methodology. The entire specialization was well worth my time and investment. I am very pleased to have chosen this course as it gave me the knowledge to continue my journey in user centered design.

By Konstantinos A

Apr 25, 2019

By Rebecca r

Oct 30, 2017

By Mateo G U

Aug 13, 2017

Good a challenging way to test and resume all the other courses

By Ihar M

Nov 12, 2017

Extremely useful and fun! Great experience.

By Alina R

Oct 29, 2017

One of the best course of UI and UX!

By Sara P F

Jan 22, 2019

Great course and great professors!

By Carlos B

Oct 02, 2018

awesome course

By Julie M

Oct 18, 2017

It is great to pull everything together in context, and working with a team is realistic and rewarding; however, each of my teammates hailed from a different part of the world (including time zones 12 hours apart), so group discussion was very time consuming. I think we would have learned more from each other and produced a better product had we been able to converse.

By Robert M

Feb 20, 2019

I really learned a lot through this course, working with different people also allowed me to learn more and more. One thing that I wish and thought I would do is the "designing" but it really did not but this still remains worth my time.

By Paul D

In general I found the first four courses in the specialization useful but somewhat generic and very focussed on research and evaluation but almost nothing on actual 'design' techniques outside of following the platform guidelines.

However the Capstone for me at least has been simply chaotic from the start and seems to be run on autopilot instead of any kind of actual management by those giving the course. Creating and managing the teams was not thought out and no response was given to inquiries in the forum, by email or the slack channel.

So beware that once you start this course you will be on your own for 8 weeks.