Back to Understanding Financial Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Financial Markets by University of Geneva

In this course, you will learn what the main financial markets and their characteristics are as well as how they are linked to the economy. Our very diversified team of experts will start by teaching you how the price of stocks and bonds are computed and why they move while you will become increasingly aware of the notion of risk and why it matters when measuring an investment's performance. The focus will then move to less popular markets such as gold, emerging markets, real estate, hedge funds and private markets. These will be analyzed with an emphasis on their particular risks and return opportunities as well as how they can help in building efficient portfolios. Finally, the policies of central banks and their impact on financial markets will be presented to you along with the link between the economy and the price of financial assets. All along these different steps, experts from UBS, our corporate partner, will show you how the concepts you just acquired are effectively applied in a leading global bank. This focus on practicality means you will not only understand what is going on in global financial markets but also start to figure out how you can use them to achieve financial goals, be it a client's or your own. Course Director and main teaching contributor: Dr. Michel Girardin, Lecturer in Macro-Finance, University of Geneva...

MC

Jul 17, 2017

Mr. Michel is really an amazing teacher! His lectures are vivic and greatly attracts my attention. I hope to take more of his classes because I've Learned more than I nomally can do in a short class

AF

Mar 15, 2016

This course excellent provides all the basic information which is important and necessary would recommend the course to all the newbies in financial markets\n\nP.S:The professors are AMAZING!

351 - 375 of 499 Reviews for Understanding Financial Markets

By Lionel E H

Aug 01, 2019

Great introduction to asset classes, their strengths and weaknesses and what influences them

By Ayush r

Aug 04, 2019

Very good lectures.

By Veronika I

Aug 04, 2019

The fascinating taught course and clearly taught material!

By Thymianidis A

Aug 05, 2019

Excellent job!!!

By Ramírez M A A

Aug 07, 2019

Excellent course!

This course shows you many fundamental things about financial markets easily

By CHIRAG M

Jun 01, 2019

This course is phenomenal and easy to understand. The only difficult part is the Module 4. All the knowledge provided under this course is practical and can be implemented immediately.

By Vitor W R d O

May 31, 2019

Amazing course. Michel is an excellent Macro-Finance lecturer.

By abhinav

Jun 01, 2019

great

By John L

May 19, 2019

Great course.

By MENGZHU Y

May 19, 2019

The introduction about financial markets is very useful for me who begin to study finance and banking, the methods is easy acceptable for a new one. I like the quiz among the lessons, they are beneficial for me to check the concepts and knowledge.

By Evan B

May 20, 2019

The instructors present many concrete examples for highly conceptual material. This approach makes learning and extrapolating easy. I recommend the course without reservation.

By Panagiotis D

Jun 05, 2019

Covers pretty much all the basics. The material is organized and presented in an efficient manner.

By George K

Jun 09, 2019

I really enjoyed it, good learning experience.

By Hao W

Aug 18, 2019

Completed

By Harshit A

Aug 20, 2019

Course is great designed by the creators. I understand each and every aspect they try to explain. Overall great learning experience from this course. Thank you.

By zhuyouwei

Aug 24, 2019

Good coverage, clear structure, nice lecture

By Ahmed A R A

Aug 24, 2019

Amazing content, although I had an adequate level of knowledge regarding financial markets, I did learn a lot of concepts and I related to them in a perfect way due to the coherent sequence of the topics.

By NEERAJ J

Aug 27, 2019

great course

By Hemant M

Aug 27, 2019

Its is a very interesting course and the faculty is excellent.

By Ayasha A

Jul 07, 2019

This course me helped me a lot to learn new aspects related with financial market term. Thank you courser.

By Tosin B

Jul 07, 2019

Thank you very much for your lessons.

By MOSES N O

Jul 10, 2019

Very insightful

By Alessandra M

Jul 13, 2019

Concepts are explained in a clear manner and the instructor is really engaging.

By Ricardo B M

Oct 18, 2019

Good complete view of the financial market for beginners, with an easy to understand and fun approach.

By Xavier G H K

Sep 30, 2019

This course has given me a basic but valuable understanding of equities, bonds, interest rates and other financial mechanisms and products. The instructors were very clear and pleasant to follow, which contributed to my motivation.