Back to Understanding Financial Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Financial Markets by University of Geneva

In this course, you will learn what the main financial markets and their characteristics are as well as how they are linked to the economy. Our very diversified team of experts will start by teaching you how the price of stocks and bonds are computed and why they move while you will become increasingly aware of the notion of risk and why it matters when measuring an investment's performance. The focus will then move to less popular markets such as gold, emerging markets, real estate, hedge funds and private markets. These will be analyzed with an emphasis on their particular risks and return opportunities as well as how they can help in building efficient portfolios. Finally, the policies of central banks and their impact on financial markets will be presented to you along with the link between the economy and the price of financial assets. All along these different steps, experts from UBS, our corporate partner, will show you how the concepts you just acquired are effectively applied in a leading global bank. This focus on practicality means you will not only understand what is going on in global financial markets but also start to figure out how you can use them to achieve financial goals, be it a client's or your own. Course Director and main teaching contributor: Dr. Michel Girardin, Lecturer in Macro-Finance, University of Geneva...

MC

Jul 17, 2017

Mr. Michel is really an amazing teacher! His lectures are vivic and greatly attracts my attention. I hope to take more of his classes because I've Learned more than I nomally can do in a short class

AF

Mar 15, 2016

This course excellent provides all the basic information which is important and necessary would recommend the course to all the newbies in financial markets\n\nP.S:The professors are AMAZING!

376 - 400 of 509 Reviews for Understanding Financial Markets

By José F A d V V

Dec 05, 2018

This course give me a solid general view of financial markets.

By Андреев С А

Jun 15, 2017

Exellent course!

By Lawrence K M

Mar 25, 2018

This was probably my favorite course. It was real, informative, and enjoyable!

By Juan J B

Feb 03, 2018

It is an excellent course, very easy to understand and the professor Michel Girardin is great.

By Alex K

Sep 20, 2016

A very comprehensive, informative, and engaging course.

By WASIU A A

Sep 05, 2017

This program has reformed me completely; I am now feeling like a pro admist my feloow analyst at work.

By M B M

Jun 27, 2018

I enjoyed the clear and basic examination of interactions between bonds. equities, interest rates and inflation. Building a solid logic foundation. Not certain yet how to convert this knowledge into actionable decisions but it forms a great foundation. Many thanks to the excellent instructors.

By QUOC T P

Dec 17, 2016

The course is excellent

However, I wish that the course is longer; since many things that lecturer teach is so valuable

By Avi

Feb 23, 2018

Excellent Videos, Easy to Understand.

By Neeraj J

Sep 18, 2016

I am very happy that I took the course and completed it. It was very insightful and the Michel was amazing in his lectures. I look forward to taking few more courses Thank you to all.

By Shirokov B

Apr 14, 2017

This course has been an amazing experience that broadened my understanding of financial markets! I recommend it to anyone interested in this area and wants to pursue it.

By Leonardo V

Sep 10, 2017

Excellent course. High quality content and challenging concepts.

By Robert L

Feb 13, 2016

What sets this course apart from any investing course I've taken elsewhere is the focus on international markets not just the the US or Canada. It is an excellent course for those interested in improving their investing returns

By Francisco L

easy conversations

what more do you want ?

By Ling G

Nov 17, 2017

perfect for the learner who want to have a basic understanding of the financial market. Thank you!!!

By Qianwen O

Jul 13, 2018

Very interesting, and great content, eager to finish the whole specialization. :)

By cemberk

Dec 31, 2018

Too macro

By Beatriz M F

Nov 08, 2018

The main lecturer was incredibly good, explained everything in a way that was easy to understand. Some of the other speakers were not as easy to understand. Well-structured course. The assignments could involve more case-studies/engaging activities.

By MERLIN S S

Nov 13, 2018

T

By saurabh k

Feb 08, 2019

o

By Dang D T

Feb 18, 2019

Its really helpful for me to gain knowledge about economy and financial market

By Dmitry N

Mar 20, 2019

quite hard to gasp the content. maybe it's just me, but more formal math would significantly simplfy the material.

By Joao p G d A

Jul 31, 2018

Very good course. It would be nice if the lecturer could present some numeric examples of the impact of prices with the change of interest rates considering the duration of the portfolio.

By Ritesh J T

Sep 14, 2016

Quite informative for beginners.