Back to Understanding Financial Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Financial Markets by University of Geneva

In this course, you will learn what the main financial markets and their characteristics are as well as how they are linked to the economy. Our very diversified team of experts will start by teaching you how the price of stocks and bonds are computed and why they move while you will become increasingly aware of the notion of risk and why it matters when measuring an investment's performance. The focus will then move to less popular markets such as gold, emerging markets, real estate, hedge funds and private markets. These will be analyzed with an emphasis on their particular risks and return opportunities as well as how they can help in building efficient portfolios. Finally, the policies of central banks and their impact on financial markets will be presented to you along with the link between the economy and the price of financial assets. All along these different steps, experts from UBS, our corporate partner, will show you how the concepts you just acquired are effectively applied in a leading global bank. This focus on practicality means you will not only understand what is going on in global financial markets but also start to figure out how you can use them to achieve financial goals, be it a client's or your own. Course Director and main teaching contributor: Dr. Michel Girardin, Lecturer in Macro-Finance, University of Geneva...

MC

Jul 17, 2017

Mr. Michel is really an amazing teacher! His lectures are vivic and greatly attracts my attention. I hope to take more of his classes because I've Learned more than I nomally can do in a short class

AF

Mar 15, 2016

This course excellent provides all the basic information which is important and necessary would recommend the course to all the newbies in financial markets\n\nP.S:The professors are AMAZING!

51 - 75 of 497 Reviews for Understanding Financial Markets

By Dimitrios C

Aug 30, 2018

Very nice introductory course on financial markets. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to enhance their understanding on financial markets

By Anna I

Aug 30, 2018

Half way through the course, I realized that I've been mirroring Dr. Michel Girardin the whole time, i.e. smiling as I'm trying to grasp the complexity of financial markets. Truly enjoyed his fun approach to teaching, keeping material concise and interactive. Will surely be back for more.

By Iuliia D

Aug 16, 2018

Very informative, easy to understand course. Professors are great; they provide many easy examples to understand complicated subject. Videos are of a very high quality and full of tables and graphs, which help in studying. Thank you!

By Yumin W

Sep 03, 2018

useful!

By Valeriy K

Sep 05, 2018

I really loved the course. Materials are well structured. Most of the critical points are emphasized several times during the course. Michael is fantastic. The UBS executives provide real world insights. Strongly recommended!

By Julien v M

Oct 19, 2018

I enjoyed this course very much, they way of teaching is very pleasant.

By Bigyan B

Oct 22, 2018

Amazing Course by University of Geneva. Learnt lots of new things.

Thankyou !

By mohamed g a

Oct 29, 2018

In fact, no matter how much I search my head for words that express my happiness I can not find those words, but I want to say that dreams are beautiful and achieved in reality is difficult but it is not impossible. Today I got a certificate bearing the name of this university which I have always wished to visit. And study in it and you all the appreciation and respect for your wonderful effort

By SUJOY M

Oct 29, 2018

Its good and interesting, its taught in a way where they keep us interested all along

By nicolas m

Nov 05, 2018

excellent

By thomas d

Oct 25, 2018

Complex things made simple by great teachers. Thank you

By Paolo N

Nov 07, 2018

The course presents ( not in depth ) many key concepts of the Financial Markets. I think it gave ma a good understanding on how the market works without going too deep int the material. If you are not familiar with some of the material you might look for a more in depth explanation somewhere else but all together was a very interesting course well presented.

By Bartłomiej N

Nov 06, 2018

P

By Gregory P

Nov 21, 2018

By Biao L

Nov 17, 2018

very useful, got and understood lots of concepts of financial markets, started understanding some behaviors of other investors.

By Raminta A

Nov 19, 2018

Well prepared course!

By Alejandro L S

Nov 20, 2018

Excelent course

By Arpit S

Nov 23, 2018

Brilliant Course. I was struggling to understand these concepts for eternity. Even failed in competitive exams. But the manner in which these concepts were explained meant that I am now much better equipped to understand these concepts and even use it during investments when I undertake them henceforth.

By Giulio L

Aug 03, 2018

A great course!

By Tanvir S

Aug 22, 2018

great course! loved it! very informative.

By Shivam A

Aug 06, 2018

All the knowledge is encapsulate and given in the course. This course is very useful.

By Luciano M

Apr 08, 2018

Excellent course with well-prepared professors.

By Hannes R

Oct 02, 2017

Michel is such a great lecturer. For me it was great to turn on 0,75x on video speed and use other sites as investopedia when things got complicated. A great course!

By Sergey K

Aug 11, 2017

great realistic insights

By Ilia M

Nov 04, 2017

It`s the most useful course that I`ve ever seen online in this field of study. Lecturers managed to give a lot of neсessary information with interesting presentation for a short time. I recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn basics of financial markets.