Back to Understanding Financial Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Financial Markets by University of Geneva

In this course, you will learn what the main financial markets and their characteristics are as well as how they are linked to the economy. Our very diversified team of experts will start by teaching you how the price of stocks and bonds are computed and why they move while you will become increasingly aware of the notion of risk and why it matters when measuring an investment's performance. The focus will then move to less popular markets such as gold, emerging markets, real estate, hedge funds and private markets. These will be analyzed with an emphasis on their particular risks and return opportunities as well as how they can help in building efficient portfolios. Finally, the policies of central banks and their impact on financial markets will be presented to you along with the link between the economy and the price of financial assets. All along these different steps, experts from UBS, our corporate partner, will show you how the concepts you just acquired are effectively applied in a leading global bank. This focus on practicality means you will not only understand what is going on in global financial markets but also start to figure out how you can use them to achieve financial goals, be it a client's or your own. Course Director and main teaching contributor: Dr. Michel Girardin, Lecturer in Macro-Finance, University of Geneva...

MC

Jul 17, 2017

Mr. Michel is really an amazing teacher! His lectures are vivic and greatly attracts my attention. I hope to take more of his classes because I've Learned more than I nomally can do in a short class

AF

Mar 15, 2016

This course excellent provides all the basic information which is important and necessary would recommend the course to all the newbies in financial markets\n\nP.S:The professors are AMAZING!

301 - 325 of 497 Reviews for Understanding Financial Markets

By Yuvraj H

Feb 09, 2017

Great learning! The way the proffessor taught is commendable.

Even a novice can benefit and learn alot in finance through this course!

Thanks to the whole team.

By Abanob R

Dec 27, 2016

very useful to help you in understanding how financial markets work , and how they react to number of variables especially Economic and monetary variables

By DR I C

Mar 28, 2017

I found this to be a very well put together Course. If I do not offend may I comment on the verbal delivery

By Jonathan M

May 29, 2017

I

By Kim J

Aug 10, 2016

Great course with good instructors.

By Francisco L

Nov 11, 2016

I

By mustafa h

Jul 16, 2017

amazing

By bwendelele d

Jul 30, 2017

Good teachers and very interesting lesson

By Renato F G d A

Jul 12, 2016

Excellent course!!! I am very very very satisfied with the quality of the faculty - great teachers! - and the overall quality of your staff. Enfin, I feel very glad and gratified with this opportunity. :)

By Neeraj J

Sep 18, 2016

I am very happy that I took the course and completed it. It was very insightful and the Michel was amazing in his lectures. I look forward to taking few more courses Thank you to all.

By Phuong N

Aug 24, 2017

Wonderful course. I can consume basic concepts with eases and i am confident to move on. Thanks!

By Beáta Z

Sep 05, 2016

Great course, interesting topics, understandable explanations. Highly recommend.

By Jamie L

Oct 03, 2016

Very enjoyable.

By Costin T

Dec 02, 2016

Outstanding teachers, excellent explanations with real-life examples, making complex topics understandable quite easily. Congratulations

By Larry W I

Sep 28, 2017

Excellent! it give you a basic idea of the financial market and also give you some main concepts in order to understand causes and consequences of the movements. If you are thinking in trade or you are already trading this course could give you a better comprehension of the conditions and characteristics that you should keep in mind.

By Matteo E

Jun 19, 2017

Great course. Introductory, well structured, simple and clear for a beginner to grasp important financial basics.

By Ghassen M

Aug 24, 2016

I found this course very informative especially after the first week.

Great thanks to Mr. Michel who made this course easy to understand, a great teacher indeed.

By Teodora B

Sep 25, 2016

This course is an excellent introduction to financial markets. Everything is explained clearly and concisely. Though it would be nice if foreign exchange markets could also be covered. All in all, excellent course. Thank you!

By Dishyant

Jun 03, 2017

The course material is described pretty well.

By Соколов А В

Nov 09, 2017

It was interesting, but it is the first time i have studied something in English. I liked the examples and illustrations and I loved the teachers as well. I think I will have another look at the course in the future.

By Ahmed H A M

Dec 20, 2016

Very handy and purposive

By Ling G

Nov 17, 2017

perfect for the learner who want to have a basic understanding of the financial market. Thank you!!!

By Niklas B

Nov 30, 2016

Great course for someone who does not know anything or very little about the financial markets.

By Pablo S

Jun 24, 2018

Amazing course and very well summerized all the concepts

By Jay A