Back to Understanding Financial Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Financial Markets by University of Geneva

In this course, you will learn what the main financial markets and their characteristics are as well as how they are linked to the economy. Our very diversified team of experts will start by teaching you how the price of stocks and bonds are computed and why they move while you will become increasingly aware of the notion of risk and why it matters when measuring an investment's performance. The focus will then move to less popular markets such as gold, emerging markets, real estate, hedge funds and private markets. These will be analyzed with an emphasis on their particular risks and return opportunities as well as how they can help in building efficient portfolios. Finally, the policies of central banks and their impact on financial markets will be presented to you along with the link between the economy and the price of financial assets. All along these different steps, experts from UBS, our corporate partner, will show you how the concepts you just acquired are effectively applied in a leading global bank. This focus on practicality means you will not only understand what is going on in global financial markets but also start to figure out how you can use them to achieve financial goals, be it a client's or your own. Course Director and main teaching contributor: Dr. Michel Girardin, Lecturer in Macro-Finance, University of Geneva...

MC

Jul 17, 2017

Mr. Michel is really an amazing teacher! His lectures are vivic and greatly attracts my attention. I hope to take more of his classes because I've Learned more than I nomally can do in a short class

AF

Mar 15, 2016

This course excellent provides all the basic information which is important and necessary would recommend the course to all the newbies in financial markets\n\nP.S:The professors are AMAZING!

401 - 425 of 497 Reviews for Understanding Financial Markets

By Usama Q

Mar 04, 2018

Some modules seemed a bit vague during explanation.

By Rahul D

Aug 02, 2017

This is good course for beginners in financial market.....

By Lars M

Oct 26, 2017

"Understanding financial markets" is a perfect description of what this course is about. If you have a basic knowledge about financial markets already, it may be somewhat easy. Still a perfect way to get started.

By moazzamhussain

Jun 07, 2017

You will be able to learn the basics of financial markets and how economic growth behaves with respect to different economic parameters.The course is worth taking!

By Varun S

Sep 10, 2017

Good

By Asif B S

Apr 21, 2016

It was a good one for basic learners but there were less explanation on several topics

By Jason T

Jun 03, 2016

Good course but overpriced in comparison to other offerings on Coursera which are more comprehensive and cheaper.

By Antariksh A

Jul 03, 2017

Professors teach nicely and made every point very clear. Course outline will really help if one is studying to be in investment management .

By Setsuya S

Oct 31, 2016

Useful introductioin

By CARLOS J G C

Mar 11, 2018

I really liked this course, I could understand the stock and bond markets, how the interest rate can affect the economc growth and inflation. In the same way, I learned how to value firms, equities and bonds. I'm ready to take up the next course from Investment Management Specialization. I highly recommend this program.

By Nikita P

Sep 30, 2017

Quite a good course to get an overview of investment. Nothing extraordinary, but still very informative and useful.

By Damirbek

Feb 18, 2016

Nice course.

By karan r

May 27, 2016

good course

By Mehrdad H

Sep 04, 2017

It could have been better if formulas were explained a little bit more in dept.

By Alberto e c j

Oct 09, 2017

Very useful and well organized course

By Joelle C S

Aug 05, 2017

Very interesting introductory course with some extremely valuable information for anyone jumping into the subject for the first time. My only negative comment would be that certain instructors are quite difficult to understand due to their heavy accents.

By Kunal N

Apr 17, 2017

I have been looking to get into finance for a long time now but couldnt find something as flexible as this course. The concepts taught here are very simplified and are easy to understand. Overall it has been very fruitful and i am looking forward to complete the specialization.

By Sivakumar N

Mar 21, 2016

the course could have been enhanced to be more rigorous.

By Santiago M G

Feb 28, 2016

It lacks exercises but other than that this course is pretty fun and interesting. I would definitely recommend it.

By Ricardo M

May 28, 2017

Great information and knowledge but, since it is aimed to people with basic understanding of financial matters, I feel it has to have more detailed examples and cases (explained in a more detailed, step by step basis).

By Felipe L V

Mar 12, 2018

Great course with great teachers. Really good one for a newbie as me

By Ray

Apr 11, 2016

Very clear on the points he is teaching, and good humor.

By Poloko M

Apr 14, 2016

I enjoyed the course very much wish here was more interaction with staff though

By Mohamed K I A E

Jul 01, 2016

This course helped me a lot to better understand the financial markets , and the different assets in which we can invest. The presentation was simple and clear in most of the modules. Maybe more examples and detailed description needed in company evaluation especially for students with moderate mathematical background. The module of Bonds needs -in my opinion - reconstruction so that we can read and understand the changes in Bonds' prices we find in the economical websites and newspapers. Anyway, the course is motivating to know more & extend our knowledge. Thanks a lot to all the professors and lecturers who prepared that course. Special thanks to Dr. Michelle and Dr. Ines for their attractive and simple approach. I recommend this course to all interested in investment management either for themselves or for professional purposes.

By Sarath M