Back to Understanding Financial Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Financial Markets by University of Geneva

In this course, you will learn what the main financial markets and their characteristics are as well as how they are linked to the economy. Our very diversified team of experts will start by teaching you how the price of stocks and bonds are computed and why they move while you will become increasingly aware of the notion of risk and why it matters when measuring an investment's performance. The focus will then move to less popular markets such as gold, emerging markets, real estate, hedge funds and private markets. These will be analyzed with an emphasis on their particular risks and return opportunities as well as how they can help in building efficient portfolios. Finally, the policies of central banks and their impact on financial markets will be presented to you along with the link between the economy and the price of financial assets. All along these different steps, experts from UBS, our corporate partner, will show you how the concepts you just acquired are effectively applied in a leading global bank. This focus on practicality means you will not only understand what is going on in global financial markets but also start to figure out how you can use them to achieve financial goals, be it a client's or your own. Course Director and main teaching contributor: Dr. Michel Girardin, Lecturer in Macro-Finance, University of Geneva...

MC

Jul 17, 2017

Mr. Michel is really an amazing teacher! His lectures are vivic and greatly attracts my attention. I hope to take more of his classes because I've Learned more than I nomally can do in a short class

AF

Mar 15, 2016

This course excellent provides all the basic information which is important and necessary would recommend the course to all the newbies in financial markets\n\nP.S:The professors are AMAZING!

176 - 200 of 497 Reviews for Understanding Financial Markets

By Marcos B T

Jun 12, 2017

Great market overview and top pick topics.

By Ashlin G

Sep 15, 2016

Great course with amazing lecturers and insightful content. The lecture style was fun interactive and really engaged me.

By Leonardo V

Sep 10, 2017

Excellent course. High quality content and challenging concepts.

By JONATHAN A G

Jun 05, 2017

En un fantástico curso, muy completo y multidisciplinar. En él, se enseñan los diferentes aspectos de algunos mercados financieros y el papel de estos mercados en la economía. Es un curso totalmente recomendable.

By Ahmer J K

May 19, 2017

Excellent course, very well delivered! Loved it!

By Zacharias L

Oct 25, 2016

I have gained an exceptional understanding of the basic financial markets and the key principles of investment practices. The feedback from UBS professionals, although very short, was quite enlightening and helpful. I am sure ready to continue with this specialization and I will recommend it to many of my friends who are eager to know more about how financial markets work.

By Abdalhay A A A

Mar 08, 2016

Best course I had ever

By lucio m

Apr 06, 2016

Excellent Course...

By Tony N

Sep 21, 2017

Good to learn useful knowledge.

By Aditya J

Apr 22, 2016

very good material as well as way of presenting it . :) :)

By JINGYIDAI

Feb 09, 2017

Very understandable~~ THX all the lecturers~

By Diana Z C A

Oct 05, 2016

Great course for those who want to better understand how main financial markets work. Lessons are short but precise and the readings for each module are worth the time.

By Philippe M

Dec 19, 2016

Very good introduction to the financial markets.

Material could be quite ameliorated if scripts were in PDF format.

By Brandon G

Sep 15, 2016

It is very important for every individual to understand the basics of investments. This course is easy to understand and many innovative examples that makes understanding simple, even for a non financial field individual.

By Albert A D

Jul 16, 2017

This course is highly recommended for all who want to have a good understanding about the financial markets. It was very beneficial to me.

By LUIS G M

Feb 07, 2018

GRAN CURSO, RECOMIENDO PLENAMENTE, SE APRENDE A IDENTIFICAR LOS RIESGOS DE INVERSIÓN Y NOS ENSEÑA COMO TOMAR DECISIONES AL CONOCER EL MERCADO Y EVALUAR EL ENTORNO, ESPERO QUE LA UNIVERSIDAD DE GINERBRA PUEDA DAR UN COMPLEMENTO DE ESTE CURSO, INTERESANTE Y APRENDÍ MUCHO.

By Gio T

Oct 15, 2016

It is really great

By david

Oct 03, 2016

Excellent course and speakers!

By Beinn M

Jun 22, 2017

Very useful, I would recommend!

By Ts. C K L

Feb 21, 2016

I like this course very much , it provides us some introduction to the financial market. I completed this course on 15 February 2016. Highly recommended !

One the other hand, I feel proud because this is the first batch of this course offering and specifically related to investment management specialization. I'm committed to follow this specialization until completing the capstone project.

Thank you very much.

Chan

By Messias M U

Dec 26, 2016

It was my first glimpse inside the strange world of making money by being patient. Rushing takes us nowhere. Thank you.

By rakesh r b

Nov 07, 2016

I love this course and its very different in approach with interactive thinking.

By Vivien R

Sep 06, 2016

Great course, learned a lot about financial markets in a fun way!

By Alejandro I

May 10, 2016

Amazing course and the information & knowledge about Financial Markets is really great!!

By jaysheel s

Sep 09, 2016

amazing course, great detailing and from the basics.