Back to Understanding Financial Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Financial Markets by University of Geneva

In this course, you will learn what the main financial markets and their characteristics are as well as how they are linked to the economy. Our very diversified team of experts will start by teaching you how the price of stocks and bonds are computed and why they move while you will become increasingly aware of the notion of risk and why it matters when measuring an investment's performance. The focus will then move to less popular markets such as gold, emerging markets, real estate, hedge funds and private markets. These will be analyzed with an emphasis on their particular risks and return opportunities as well as how they can help in building efficient portfolios. Finally, the policies of central banks and their impact on financial markets will be presented to you along with the link between the economy and the price of financial assets. All along these different steps, experts from UBS, our corporate partner, will show you how the concepts you just acquired are effectively applied in a leading global bank. This focus on practicality means you will not only understand what is going on in global financial markets but also start to figure out how you can use them to achieve financial goals, be it a client's or your own. Course Director and main teaching contributor: Dr. Michel Girardin, Lecturer in Macro-Finance, University of Geneva...

MC

Jul 17, 2017

Mr. Michel is really an amazing teacher! His lectures are vivic and greatly attracts my attention. I hope to take more of his classes because I've Learned more than I nomally can do in a short class

RC

Oct 06, 2020

Thank you! Coursera for providing me the platform for boosting my knowledge in Financial Markets, as i have learned various financial parts in this subject and this will help me in my carrier too.

276 - 300 of 881 Reviews for Understanding Financial Markets

By DR I C

Mar 28, 2017

I found this to be a very well put together Course. If I do not offend may I comment on the verbal delivery

By Ayasha A

Jul 07, 2019

This course me helped me a lot to learn new aspects related with financial market term. Thank you courser.

By Ana L C d M

May 05, 2016

Superb course! The topics are beautifully explained. Very pragmatic and systematic approach to the issues.

By Gustavo B F

Sep 07, 2020

Curso sensacional. Dá uma visão sensacional do mercado financeiro, não deixa passar nada, super completo.

By Sabine K

Oct 31, 2017

good course on basics of bond and equity markets, incl link with monetary policy and macroeconomic state.

By Solomon A

Oct 05, 2017

Great course. Very practical with many guest lectures who give great insights in their respective fields.

By ANIBAL H B

Oct 03, 2017

EXCELENTE CURSO, MUY BUENA DIDÁCTICA Y MUY COMPLETOS LOS MATERIALES. ME GUSTO MUCHO EL ABORDAJE DE TEMAS

By Brandon R

Nov 13, 2016

Learned a lot in this course. Will definitely review it a second time to fully understand all concepts!

By Leonardo C d J

Sep 18, 2020

An incredible course taught by excellent professors from a fantastic university! I highly recommend it!

By Apurv s

The course is really helpful in learning the financial market with great content and engaging questions

By Eric L

Apr 30, 2020

Very well done. No complaints. I recommend this to anyone looking to educate themselves on this topic.

By Mike

Feb 29, 2020

This course gives a great baseline insight into how financial markets work alongside government policy.

By Ricardo B M

Oct 18, 2019

Good complete view of the financial market for beginners, with an easy to understand and fun approach.

By Jeronimo

Dec 01, 2017

Excelente curso. Recomendado para todo aquel interesado en aprender sobre el mundo de las inversiones.

By WASIU A A

Sep 05, 2017

This program has reformed me completely; I am now feeling like a pro admist my feloow analyst at work.

By Francisco J S L

Jun 25, 2017

Very simple and understandable explanations. Perfect learning pace and driven by really nice teachers.

By SHITULISA P

Jun 10, 2020

I earned so much knowledge from this course and now I have a vast and clear idea of financial market.

By Mohamed A E M Y R

Jun 11, 2020

Step By Step Enrolls you into the markets world with detailed examples and numerous

simulation cases.

By Lusine A

May 03, 2020

I'm excited to complete this amazing course. Very good both for beginners and professionals. Thanks!

By Anas M M A

Apr 27, 2020

A very beautifully constructed course, with vast information comprehensibly reduces to few sessions.

By Stanislau A

May 21, 2019

Sometimes suggested additional materials are too difficult and does not relevant to particular topic

By Ling G

Nov 17, 2017

perfect for the learner who want to have a basic understanding of the financial market. Thank you!!!

By Maxim S

Sep 05, 2016

Great course! Clear, structured and useful. Very nice instructors make it interesting and enjoyable.

By Vedang

Jan 05, 2020

I want to revise this course again and again as it is very essential for new entrant in this field.

By Mishaal A

Mar 28, 2020

An excellent course - very well explained with quiz questions that really test your understanding.