Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO

Oct 23, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

MC

Sep 26, 2016

This is an insightful introductory course to User Experience Design. While it is just an introduction, the lessons and the examples provided were comprehensive, leaving you with a thirst for more.

326 - 350 of 402 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Manish T

Aug 14, 2016

An Informative Introductory course.

By Crystal M

Jul 30, 2017

very good intro

By Jami O

Jul 26, 2016

I would LOVE to give this course 5 stars because I absolutely loved it. However, one small thing that drove me nuts makes me give it 4 star rating. I am a big type A personality and I wanted a perfect 100% grade. For this reason I take very, very detailed notes and studied very hard. When I was taking the tests, all of the answers came to me and I knew they were right without question. Then I would get marked wrong some answers at the end. For example, there were several questions relating to the 4 phases of the design cycle. These should very easy answers as the question was usually "What follows after the 'alternative design phase" which is an easy answer, "prototyping". Regardless it would be marked wrong, and it was absolutely impossible to get 100% and I encountered this issue on about 3 questions. I would encourage you to make sure your answers are properly programmed into the response bank

By Michelle S

Feb 10, 2018

This was a mini introduction to user experience design and was shorter than I expected. I had hoped it would have been more in depth. If you want to get an idea of what UXD is about, this is a great general overview. I likely won't purchase the certificate for this course as I felt that it could have delivered more hands-on practice than it did. The course did give some excellent reference material in the form of website links.

By Xin Q

Aug 17, 2017

Brand new topic for me! Although the course contents are designed a bit boring. But I have purchased the book "Design of Everyday Things", and it turns out that the book is more interesting than the course itself.

By Anthony R

Jul 24, 2017

Great course, very informative.

By Isabel R

May 22, 2017

Good overview of UX.

By Hongsun K

Apr 09, 2018

This was a great intro to UX design. This was a nice platform to launch into UX design further.

By Nileshh J A

Feb 27, 2017

Good beginner level course - useful for those interested in getting an early understanding of the field of UX before they decide on whether this field is right for them or not.

Having said that the course has been kept easy to understand and quick...

By Tanuj B

Sep 04, 2017

Not a bad introduction, evaluations were too easy. Would have liked something more challenging

By Lester D

Aug 26, 2016

This course is a very informative & comprehensive course for Beginners. it covers the foundational aspects of UX design. Thanks to Dr. Rosa I. Arriaga & Georgia Institute of Technology.

By Barbara R

Oct 08, 2017

It's a very basic course but as a total beginner I'm glad I took it. Soon I'm starting stationary post-graduate UX studies and I think it was a good introduction, I definitely feel like learning more of the topic. What I missed were more examples or case studies, but maybe this was the point of the whole course to be short and basic... And I think you can easily complete the course in 2 or 3 weeks. There were some interesting articles linked in the materials however many of them were repeating the same or similar content so to me the selection of these materials looked rather random...

By Kirsten R

Jun 11, 2018

Good for beginners to get an idea of what is involved.

By Lee L

Oct 15, 2017

This course provides exactly what it promises, a basic introduction to UX terms and concepts. I think it does an excellent job of clarifying these ideas, but more is needed to help students decide whether they are qualified for this career.

By Hannah B

Jun 28, 2018

I really enjoyed this course! The professor was clear, concise, and offered lots of visual support for the material. My only critique is that the quizzes often asked very specific questions about vocabulary which varies from practice to practice in real world application.

By Shikhar C

Oct 19, 2018

The teacher speaks beautifully. But, her eye movements are too evident and it gives away that she is reading it all. That reduces some interest. But none the less, this course has helped me a lot. I have gained surely. Thanks Coursera.

By Risyad S

Jul 18, 2018

more interesting if the quiz more on case with pictures, not only multiple choices

By Haley W

Aug 02, 2018

Was not as in-depth as I had hoped. Was looking for a course with more business applications, like how to write up a PRD (Product Requirements Document). Hoping you make a course for designers/product managers for business.

By Helen

Aug 07, 2018

Great course for basic and fundamentals of UX. Might need more practical hands-on experience.

By Michael S

Apr 23, 2019

Good high-level understanding of the process.

By SERGIO

May 10, 2019

Great for start in the field of UX design

By Luyanda

May 11, 2019

Still dont have an idea of the concept

By Saverio C

May 13, 2019

A general overview of UX fundamentals. Many concepts are too ground level for a designer with an education background (even different than plain UX), yet brush them up is a great idea before starting a new learning path. Highly understandable and strongly recommended.

By Carlos G J M

May 21, 2019

Para ser un curso introductorio se explica bien el proceso de diseño de UX pero no solo UX sino UX/UI ya que en todo tiempo se habla de la UI, pero para el desarrollador de Front-End este curso le daría un gran escenario de como hacer las cosas.

By rachna

Jun 17, 2019

For the Quiz sections, the answers are sometimes confusing and there are no keys available for the ones you answered incorrectly to understand what should have been the right answer.