Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO

Oct 23, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

MC

Sep 26, 2016

This is an insightful introductory course to User Experience Design. While it is just an introduction, the lessons and the examples provided were comprehensive, leaving you with a thirst for more.

351 - 375 of 410 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Adrián N O

Dec 24, 2018

Introduction to User Experience Design was a very good first step to start into this interesting field of design. I really enjoyed to learn the basis about UX design from this course and the most value thing that i can mention is that this course had encourage me to keep learning more, so I truly recommend it.

By Jami O

Jul 26, 2016

I would LOVE to give this course 5 stars because I absolutely loved it. However, one small thing that drove me nuts makes me give it 4 star rating. I am a big type A personality and I wanted a perfect 100% grade. For this reason I take very, very detailed notes and studied very hard. When I was taking the tests, all of the answers came to me and I knew they were right without question. Then I would get marked wrong some answers at the end. For example, there were several questions relating to the 4 phases of the design cycle. These should very easy answers as the question was usually "What follows after the 'alternative design phase" which is an easy answer, "prototyping". Regardless it would be marked wrong, and it was absolutely impossible to get 100% and I encountered this issue on about 3 questions. I would encourage you to make sure your answers are properly programmed into the response bank

By Saverio C

May 13, 2019

A general overview of UX fundamentals. Many concepts are too ground level for a designer with an education background (even different than plain UX), yet brush them up is a great idea before starting a new learning path. Highly understandable and strongly recommended.

By rachna

Jun 17, 2019

For the Quiz sections, the answers are sometimes confusing and there are no keys available for the ones you answered incorrectly to understand what should have been the right answer.

By Jungmin C

Feb 12, 2019

Good quality of lectures and easy to understand them. However, there are some spelling errors and repetitive questions in the quiz.

By Apoorva R

Apr 27, 2018

For someone who has no prior knowledge in User Experience, this course lets you dip your feet before you deep dive into the ocean.

By MK T

Mar 10, 2017

Great Intro course that goes over most the general concepts of UX design. It's a good starting place to get your feet wet in this field.

By SERGIO

May 10, 2019

Great for start in the field of UX design

By Rati G

Mar 20, 2017

This is literally the introduction. It covered things i mostly knew. But its a good starting point for those who have no idea about the UX industry.

By Vrishti j

Mar 16, 2019

Material is really good

By Kelly C

Jan 19, 2017

It is a fundamental class, quite easy to understand for people who don't have any background about user experience.

By Chris L

Jun 09, 2017

Solid beginners course. This is the best course I've taken on Coursera so far.

By Erin Y

May 29, 2017

It's a very concise and easy-to-understand online course for those who want to know what is User Experience Design. The quiz after each session helped a lot to freshen up what I learned. If the quiz report can show the result of why the answer is right or wrong will be much better.

By Dr. P G

Mar 03, 2018

I was looking for inputs on Design Thinking approach.

By Reza

Nov 13, 2019

It was a good course to take when you were really a beginner in the field as it taught you the basics of UX design. However, some concepts were quite hard to grasp. But overall, this course was helpful for people who wanted to start learning about the field of UX.

By Andrei R

Jul 07, 2017

very basic. the material was presented very well but the course barely scratched the surface

By Nicolás G

Aug 26, 2019

Even when the course is just an introduction, I believe there should be more examples or tips to create surveys, interviews, etc. for data gathering.

By KJ G

Aug 22, 2019

Explained in very simple terms with examples!

By Emma A

Jun 04, 2017

Good basic intro. Does not take too long to complete.

By 王碧君

Sep 05, 2017

it is very easy but useful for new learners!

By Christopher S

Oct 02, 2017

crisp and fair to understand

By Yan J

Apr 08, 2018

It is very useful if you are new for UED. It will help you building up framework, and tell you some fundation defination of UED.

By Barbara R

Oct 08, 2017

It's a very basic course but as a total beginner I'm glad I took it. Soon I'm starting stationary post-graduate UX studies and I think it was a good introduction, I definitely feel like learning more of the topic. What I missed were more examples or case studies, but maybe this was the point of the whole course to be short and basic... And I think you can easily complete the course in 2 or 3 weeks. There were some interesting articles linked in the materials however many of them were repeating the same or similar content so to me the selection of these materials looked rather random...

By Pooja L

Jan 16, 2019

Really basic. Only quizzes to pass no practical projects.

By Tatyana K

May 25, 2017

Good for really newcomers but also possible to catch some details for a bit experienced professionals