Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO
Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

RT
Jul 4, 2020

For an introductory course, this is very efficient and effective in learning terminologies and get a good high-level understanding of Process, types and common techniques used in Design process :)

126 - 150 of 1,214 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Fiorela C M

May 7, 2020

El curso amplió mis conocimientos con ejemplos que reforzaban lo aprendido,ademas de evaluaciones constantes que ayudan a que mis futuros aprendizajes sobre UX y la aplicación de éstos en mi trabajo sean mas eficientes.

By Elilien V

Jul 25, 2020

Muy buen curso para entender los conceptos básicos de el Diseño de Experiencia de Usuario, con esta base sólida se puede ir adentrando posteriormente a los conceptos más complejos. Muy buena base, totalmente recomendado

By Mkpoikana M

Aug 28, 2021

Throughout my two weeks of going through the Course in its modules, I have been generously exposed to insightful areas in user-centred design. I seek to hone in on all I've learnt as I build a career in Product Design.

By Kuheli G

May 10, 2021

Awesome content, just perfect for a beginner. One thing I'd like to point out is the interruption by questions every few seconds during the very first video is not cool from a UX point of view. It disturbs the learner!

By Bianca M

Apr 3, 2021

Very introductory overview of basic concepts and terms involved in UX Design. Perfect for a beginner to become familiar with the lingo and basic ideas. It would be helpful if they had a menu on where to go from here!

By Xi Z

Aug 17, 2018

This course provides a very clear overview of what UX Design entails! Recommend to people who want to understand what UX Design is and what it involves! Instructor explains very, very clearly. Definitely recommend!!

By Stesha M

Apr 18, 2020

This was excellent introduction to the process of user experience design. Dr. Arriaga is an engaging instructor. I appreciated how weeks 2 - 5 focused on one step of the 4-step design process. I highly recommend .

By Barbara U

Jun 5, 2017

The course gives an excellent overview about the basics of UX Design. It is a great Introduction for anyone who is new to this field as it provides helpful sources and a well-explained understanding for UX Design.

By Steven W

Jul 22, 2018

I really like this course! This is for beginners who are looking for where to start, what exactly User Experience consist of. For me, I really enjoy learning about the research part and prototyping. Great class.

By tushar p

Jul 15, 2020

the course really helped me to learn the basics of user experience design and the amount of resources availability was so amazing. This journey was completely worthful. Looking forward to more courses for sure.

By Dhiraj A

Aug 17, 2017

The course has been designed lucidly for a beginner to get to understand the principals. It will help lay good foundation for working out good designs for an efficient, effective and satisfying User Experience

By Lamiya S

Nov 11, 2021

It is only good if you want to learn the terminology before starting some other advanced courses, it is great for actual beginners, if you have some knowledge on the field, you might find it extremely boring.

By Irena K

Nov 25, 2020

That course is a perfect intro to anyone who thinks to dip his/her toes into the UX world, and needs to grasp the general structure of the whole process.. The course is well organised and presented. 5 stars!

By Shaik M I

May 21, 2018

Rally happy to have found this subject online. it has helped me to clear my basics about what user expects and how that expectation can be translated into an experience by improving or redoing the designs.

By Ekaterina

Jan 7, 2017

Excellent presentation of the material. Concise and to the point. I wish there were more courses by this professor in depth for FREE. I know, I know, I want a lot. :) Thank you for a great introduction!!!

By Thaw T W

Dec 12, 2020

I'm Asian (Burmese). I'm not really proficient in English but the teacher's explanation was clear. I hope it will support my computing project which will be included in final year. Thanks for everything.

By 尤临临

Feb 24, 2020

The course design is very good, very suitable for beginners, through learning ,I master the four steps of the interface optimization , and the method of each step needs ! Thank you very much for sharing!

By Shivam S

Dec 21, 2019

Thank you so much Georgia Tech for making this video. It was really informative and helpful i even started my first UX Research project because of this and thanks coursera for providing this for free. :)

By Chandra S B

Nov 27, 2019

course summarizes a good understanding of basic criterias to be met for a successful ux design and what are the key steps involved. must recommend for a novice rather than directly jumping into designing

By Silvia B

Mar 16, 2018

The course is good for beginners and although sometimes the amount of information can seem a bit too much, it pays off to get to the end of it. I would definitely recommend it if I would have the chance.

By Іващук А В

Oct 17, 2019

This is my first course completed on Coursera and I'm greatly satisfied with the learning material and the course structure. Thanks a lot for the opportunity to study for free. Do do really a great job.

By Jair M P F

Jun 27, 2020

Very well presented course. I took in a lot of information. A little more guidance would have been helpful when completing the projects, but overall I am very pleased with this course and instructor.

By Ubyrajara A C D M

Jul 8, 2019

This course is particularly good. It gave me all the insight needed to pursue a more advanced UX curriculum. The reading content is very interesting and can clarify many topics covered in the videos.

By Giulia B

Feb 28, 2021

The course is well structured, easy to follow and enriched with useful resources. It's perfect for a beginner to learn core ux concepts without getting stuck in difficult jargon. Well done Rosa!

By Kleber R J

Oct 5, 2020

It was fair introduction to UI / UX. I moved away from front-end development a long time ago but wanted to know about the new techniques used prior to starting that sort of development these days.