Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO
Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

RT
Jul 4, 2020

For an introductory course, this is very efficient and effective in learning terminologies and get a good high-level understanding of Process, types and common techniques used in Design process :)

801 - 825 of 1,109 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Saumya R

Feb 4, 2021

A very well-structured and informative course. This is perfect for someone who is just planning to enter the world of ux design. Highly theoretical but really helps in getting an introduction to this field.

By Gabriel Z

Jan 30, 2018

A good starter course on UX design, especially for people who have no idea what UX is (that was me!). I wish we could have covered more advanced evaluation topics, but it is not in the scope of this course.

By Juan F M

Oct 26, 2020

It is a great introductory course, not only for someone who is not familiar with the field or the concepts, but also for those who have knowledge of UX but are taking their first steps in UX in English.

By Janki C

Jan 13, 2021

Videos are really helpful, especially for peoples who are new to the User interface field can have fundamental ideas. And I assume that I will get the best answer if I am stuck on any of these topics.

By Alexandra S

Jul 10, 2018

As a novice I've found this course to be clear and concise. To put it in course terms, it's useful and usable. I would have liked it to go into a little bit more detail, hence the 4 stars and not 5.

By Gultakin M

May 31, 2018

I enjoyed this course. Thank you very much to the instructor. Lectures and teaching - 5 starts indeed, but I wish there were more examples and interactive questions leading to more practical tasks.

By Arminas G

Aug 27, 2020

The introduction is on point, however, I have a feeling this course is a bit outdated. Also, missing some key points on how to make sketches of UI and there was not so much information about it.

By Stephan J W

Aug 22, 2017

Excellent as an introductory course, with concepts explained clearly and succinctly. A few more case studies or practical examples may have been beneficial, but overall this course is excellent.

By Rodrigo A

Oct 3, 2020

Conceptual, un poco amplio pero tiene en cuenta el paso a paso para el correcto diseño. No estoy en tema y para mí es algo nuevo, me gustó, pero me queda algo de gusto a poco en cierto sentido.

By Elizabeth M

Sep 17, 2020

Evaluations feedback should show why a wrong answer was wrong or right - at the moment there is no "feedback" per se other than showing the answer was wrong, which is not helpful for learning.

By Lohith

Dec 23, 2016

Explaining each and every steps was good. I feel it would have been better if some visual elements in the course material which will us to understand faster than the current teaching practice.

By Carolyn V Y

Apr 21, 2020

Very Well Done. As an introductory course it was easy to follow and very informative. I will be able to use this practical knowledge in my current work environment. Thank you Dr. Arriaga!

By Avinash K S

Apr 14, 2020

This is a great course to understand the vital domain of User Experience and related design concepts and theories. The one take this course to further go ahead in this domain is recommended.

By Lester D

Aug 26, 2016

This course is a very informative & comprehensive course for Beginners. it covers the foundational aspects of UX design. Thanks to Dr. Rosa I. Arriaga & Georgia Institute of Technology.

By P E

Apr 4, 2020

Very interesting course to understand how the design process work. It is useful to have an overall view, resources are also useful and you can decide on what you want to have a deep dive.

By rachna

Jun 17, 2019

For the Quiz sections, the answers are sometimes confusing and there are no keys available for the ones you answered incorrectly to understand what should have been the right answer.

By A M

Feb 5, 2021

I was expecting something more or at least different, not a professor, who reads some text from a slideshow. Anyway, it's a good start for someone who knows nothing about UX Design.

By Akhtar A D

Jul 21, 2020

During completing this course, I felt there is a need of more common world experiences examples for specially a newbie who needs to flourish in the world of user experience design.

By Lungisani A S

Aug 13, 2019

It was quite informative for me as a person that has recently taken interest in the subject. However, I thought it would offer a bit more in terms of designing an interface.

By Téo B

Good course with a high theorical aspect.

I found this course interesting but there was a lack of concrete examples or experience feedbacks with respect to other courses.

By Gavin Y

May 1, 2020

A very good introduction to UX - to get a better picture on what UX really is. Managed my expectations, initial impression of a UX course is very different - thanks !

By Ruan

Jun 14, 2020

Was a good course to introduce UE Design to me and to get to know the theory behind it.

I would recommend this course to others who would want to more about UE Design.

By Aryan M

May 24, 2021

I am a beginner in starting but after I enroll in the course I have confidence in UX Design, I am happy that I finished this course it is very helpful for beginner.

By Bożena W

Dec 18, 2016

It seems to be good introduction to get to know basics of UX. I would it be a little bit more attractive and enjoyable but all in all it's good as first step to UX.

By Alex

Oct 9, 2016

A bit short, did help with structuring the UX process but I feel it was very very basic so probably more suitable to people that just start their journey in UXland