Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO

Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

MC

Sep 25, 2016

This is an insightful introductory course to User Experience Design. While it is just an introduction, the lessons and the examples provided were comprehensive, leaving you with a thirst for more.

926 - 950 of 1,438 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

Feb 21, 2022

nice

By Saai S S A

Mar 17, 2021

good

By Kokoh D

Sep 22, 2020

Nice

By Rimayang L A

May 2, 2020

good

By Yolanda F

Apr 17, 2020

Good

By Ummul F

Jan 10, 2020

Good

By Anastasia T

Jun 6, 2019

Good

By yashar k s

Oct 4, 2016

By Renzo C

Jun 18, 2020

By Jami O

Jul 26, 2016

I would LOVE to give this course 5 stars because I absolutely loved it. However, one small thing that drove me nuts makes me give it 4 star rating. I am a big type A personality and I wanted a perfect 100% grade. For this reason I take very, very detailed notes and studied very hard. When I was taking the tests, all of the answers came to me and I knew they were right without question. Then I would get marked wrong some answers at the end. For example, there were several questions relating to the 4 phases of the design cycle. These should very easy answers as the question was usually "What follows after the 'alternative design phase" which is an easy answer, "prototyping". Regardless it would be marked wrong, and it was absolutely impossible to get 100% and I encountered this issue on about 3 questions. I would encourage you to make sure your answers are properly programmed into the response bank

By Susmita J

Dec 16, 2020

I am new to the UI/UX domain but I have a thorough design background. My main intention was to figure out exactly, 1) the difference between UI and UX and 2) professional working methodology and definitions that I'd need to know for this job.

For the first part I joined a UI design course too simultaneously so that clears out the 2 topics. I am happy with the course content as I learned many things that I had no idea as a beginner with respect to processes and terminologies.

However, it could've been curated to be more hands-on, with discussion groups and reviews. The quizzes basically needed me to memorize exact words rather than making me think about real situations. It lacked the interaction I expected from a course like this.

Overall I'd recommend this for someone who has similar intentions of discovering concepts in UX design.