Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO
Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

MC
Sep 25, 2016

This is an insightful introductory course to User Experience Design. While it is just an introduction, the lessons and the examples provided were comprehensive, leaving you with a thirst for more.

126 - 150 of 969 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Reubin D

Jan 7, 2017

This course does a wonderful job of using real world examples to better explain the theory. I came into this course somewhat familiar with UX design and now I am eager to learn more. Thanks

By Veronica P

Jan 24, 2019

Great introductory course. It is taught in a way that is straightforward and easy to understand. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to start their journey on the subject of UX Design.

By Paula K

Dec 21, 2016

Great teacher, great short course for learning the lingo in the field. I recommended reading the books mentioned at the beginning of the course simultaneously with doing the course work.

By Lufialuiso V

Dec 30, 2020

I loved it! In this course i could clear some doubts from my User Centered Design course and i got new skills that will help me too much in my professional life.

Thank you very much.

--LV

By Mladen I

Feb 24, 2021

Great introductory course! Nicely segmented and with a great professor. I just feel the last segment on Evaluation was a bit rushed.

Otherwise, I can't believe I accessed this for free.

By Balaji G

Jul 15, 2019

I liked how the overall framework and the context was well maintained all throughout the course. I always knew the context w.r.t the overall framework. Very good design of the course.

By Jo-Anne L

Aug 22, 2020

I completed this course in order to brush up on the fundamentals of a course I completed year ago. This course was interesting, engaging and easy to move through. I highly recommend!

By Carrie M

Jun 24, 2020

This was my first course ever on User Experience. I look forward to using the recommended resources to learn more on the topic. Dr. Arriaga made this content very easy to understand.

By Sushrutha M

Oct 9, 2018

Great refresher course. I am passionate about User experience design and trying to update my knowledge, having been away from this for over a decade. This course was perfect for me.

By Paula M

Oct 16, 2020

Great instructor and course! Super clear explanations and module organization. The way she kept revising the concepts along the course helped a lot to remember what was being said.

By Saeed L

Jul 4, 2017

I enjoyed the way Dr. Rosa laid out the course material. it is structured and intuitive. I wish that Dr. Rosa added a summary for the major steps and points because that's what I

By Gustavo J

Sep 8, 2020

Excellent the way how the course topics were distributed and organized. But the best was the speaker, very clear and love how she made a resume of the previous class and topics.

By Dursunjemal H

May 6, 2020

A great foundational course, which provides an overview of the UX Design process. It is great for people who have no prior experience in this field. I really enjoyed the course.

By Mohamed M K

Jan 29, 2021

This course is well organized and the instructor are very good, It is your entry ket to the User Experience Design Field That is Cover the Main Concept Of the User Experience

By Tomaz M d C S

Nov 29, 2020

Great course to get an overview of the UX design process and to learn the basic concepts and techniques. A great starting point for someone who knows nothing about the topic.

By Susan H

Aug 23, 2018

Clear instruction on the basics of user experience design. The right amount of information was presented for the beginner course - concepts were repeated and explained tho

By Samip J

Feb 10, 2018

The course content was really helpful for beginners. It would be great to see some real life examples like how companies are using these steps to achieve user satisfaction.

By Joshua K

Nov 2, 2020

Excellent introductory course. I was able to follow the lessons from scratch (and pass lol) despite having ZERO experience. I look forward to taking more advanced courses.

By Mingjia Y

Feb 19, 2020

A good course for the introduction of User Experience Design! It is easy to follow, and the quizzes after class are useful to help me review the knowledge in the classes.

By Juans P

Oct 23, 2019

Increíble. Muy bueno y muy sencillo. La profesora es muy clara en cada concepto e ilustra muy bien cada paso para lograr una experiencia deleitable para nuestros usuarios

By sihem l

Sep 24, 2020

i have enjoyed this course, very interesting i recommend it for all people who want to obtain aa horizontal view of user experience. thank you georgia tech and coursera.

By Carolina V

Jan 9, 2019

Really good introductory course to user experience design! I have understood a lot of aspects related to design that will allow me to work better with the design team.

By Andrew W

Sep 16, 2018

The videos were quick, easy, and informative. They are a good overview. The website links were much more in-depth and very helpful; I foresee using them in the future.

By alice r

Apr 17, 2017

I am a product designer and found this course very relevant, easy to understand and has great referencing information. I will be continuing my learning in this area.

By Pravin P

May 22, 2017

Useful course especially for engineers who are involved in the functional design of the software. The course lets them understand the importance of usable software.