Back to Managing an Agile Team

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing an Agile Team by University of Virginia

While agile has become the de facto standard for managing digital innovation teams, many wonder if they’re doing it ‘right’. Twitter is full of jokes about how teams say they do agile but don’t ‘really’ do it. The reality is that getting the most out of agile is less about observing specific procedures and more about how a team focuses and measures their progress. Rather than just boring you with an accounting of agile methodologies, this course focuses on helping you better charter your team’s focus, definition of success, and practice of agile. While learning about agile mainstays like Scrum, XP, and kanban, you’ll also learn to help your team ask the right questions about how they’re working and facilitate good answers on how agile can help. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 20 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122) This course is supported by the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

FB

Nov 13, 2018

I have learned new things about agile practices and it worth the time to take the course. Sometimes I had the impression that some subject are vague, but overall the course rised to the expectations

EG

Dec 12, 2019

This course was Excellent. The Instructor is very engaging and kept my attention through all of the 4 weeks of class. The Assignment was extremely helpful in applying the learning to a project.

26 - 50 of 154 Reviews for Managing an Agile Team

By Florin B

Nov 13, 2018

By Ellie G

Dec 12, 2019

By Oleg S

Jun 26, 2017

The course was challenging for me since I lacked the experience of working in an IT/Software Development, but I thought all the practical exercises forced me to develop some practical skills.

By Sandra A

Jun 05, 2019

I've really enjoyed this course on Managing an Agile Team. Comprehensive with a mix of insights from industry experts, case studies and great instructions on best practices from Alex.

By Jim B

I really enjoyed this course. It provided a good introduction on how to manage an agile team, given some different agile approaches. A perfect course for me as a junior SCRUM Master!

By Yasmin

Mar 17, 2020

I think this course is transformational. It enhance our understanding of collaboration and how to deliver value through experimentation, learning, and creating agile environment

By Dion S B

Aug 01, 2017

This is an interesting course that provides critical information regarding collaboration with key stakeholders outside the scrum team. I use lessons learned in the course daily.

By Nadeem J

Oct 02, 2017

This is a super course... After taking this course now I am really feeling confident to lead a team with more skills. This course taught me how to quantify the team management.

By Ghaith A

Mar 31, 2020

Excellent, very well structured course, relating closely to the work environment. Putting great resources at your disposal to use for any future course related assignment.

By Amer A

May 04, 2017

I did a couple of other courses on other websites about the same subject and they really pale in comparison. Very Informative and I feel like I am ready for the next step.

By Seline F

Sep 23, 2019

Excellent material & experiences shared throughout the course. highly recommended for people planning to transition from traditional methodologies to agile methodologies.

By Jyoti M

Alex was very practical while explaining Agile concepts and practices. Real industry experience was shared during the course, which for me was a effective thing.

By Harshvardhan R

Aug 30, 2019

Thanks for the Guidance Alex. It was indeed an interesting course and i would like to pursue more such courses.

with regards

Harshvardhan Raut

By Molly J

Apr 05, 2020

Great course. I liked having other people interviewed so it was not all just the teacher talking. Also liked the visuals, they helped me t

By Raunak R

Jun 01, 2020

Beautifully constructed course which helps you understand the fundamentals and specific industry standard inputs of agile methodologies.

By Jorge L H

Dec 27, 2018

Great course

Only by my side, the language is a problem (I don't have a great level in english but the course requires a good level)

By Akshaya S

Jun 09, 2020

Wonderful Course. Very helpful and made in a way that's very easy to understand. Thanks Coursera and Instructor Alex was fantastic

By Andy C

Sep 21, 2016

Videos are helpful and well done. Though I don't like the questions in the middle of a video, they interrupted the flow too much.

By Natalia N

Sep 07, 2019

Very good content of the course with great insights from industry gugus. Don't skip on those interviews, they're priceless!

By Luís G D

Nov 15, 2019

Very very good course. Topics are very relevant and well explained. Interviews with professionals are a great added bonus.

By Meera G

Apr 09, 2020

It was an interesting and inforamtive course with lots of tips that can be practically implemented in an actual project.

By Elias B H

Dec 19, 2018

One of the best course I took. Hands on and very through...must take for anyone interested in Agile Project Management.

By Marcos A R d C

May 14, 2020

I feel like is the field that match with my profile after this course. Costumer expirience, costumer service. Thanks.

By Mark H

Sep 02, 2019

Great course as part of the specialization. Not sure if this would make sense, outside of the specialization though.

By Adenike A

Jul 15, 2016

This is an amazing course. It's the exact course I needed to get my agile learning started. Thanks for this.