Back to New Models of Business in Society

Learner Reviews & Feedback for New Models of Business in Society by University of Virginia

In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, we will be discussing the emergence of a new story about business. This new story locates business within a societal framework. Almost every business creates or destroys value for customers, suppliers, employees, communities and society, in addition to shareholders and other financiers. A number of new models of business can be built on this idea such as corporate responsibility, philanthropy, shared value and sustainability. Profits and stakeholder value go together, and this course explains how. The final session explores the idea of how to become a stakeholder entrepreneur and create a business that makes money and makes the world a better place....

YL

May 05, 2020

Nice Course..The way of delivering and passion of the professor for inspiring students is excellence..\n\nit helps me to think in a better way about business & Got lot of Insights ...Thank u Professor

PS

May 08, 2020

It was nice to know different ways through which a potential entrepreneur can contribute to the society. I really liked the way Prof. Edward Freeman explained by giving numerous examples. Thank you!

151 - 175 of 1,032 Reviews for New Models of Business in Society

By Ali M

Aug 31, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It was great how the professor tied in real interviews and videos from CEOs with his own analyses of the topic. Thank you for teaching me so much and offering a new way to look at businesses!

By Monisha S

Jul 18, 2020

This is indeed a wonderful course led by simply techniques and illustrations making it something single individual or firm would find sense and learning in. Creates good learning curve for Entrepreneurs as is. Thank You!

By Nakul D

Jun 10, 2020

The course is very awesome and full of interesting concepts like conscious capitalism. This course will make you think that business can be survive while helping society. And the best part of this course is its educator.

By AYSHA B K N

Jun 08, 2020

the course was really helpful in giving better insights. This course clarified my doubts about Corporate social responsibility. Professor has used various examples which made the content more clear and understandable.

By Murat S K

Apr 24, 2020

I really thank to team who have great effort to create this course. It was enjoyable, effective and inspiring . I advise this course to people who areinterested or not interested to the field of study of this course.

By Eduardo M C

Apr 18, 2020

Such a great course and material R. Edward does really inspire you. You will learn about how business share purpose among their main audience as stakeholders and how this can create a better society and a better world

By Gregorio A A P

Sep 11, 2017

Excellent course of very good quality, only that the Spanish speaking people, Latin Americans and South Americans would appreciate if they were so gentle to translate your prestigious courses into the English language

By Abdul A Y S

Jul 29, 2020

The course is really impactful even for me as employee and community member, it gives me a clear understanding on how the business nowadays should interacts with the society, the course is very recommended to follow.

By Stanfford T

I think it was a very pointed course and the instructor did his best to simplify the content for the learner. The course had a lot of very important pointers for anyone who wants to make a difference in the society.

By William E H

Apr 26, 2020

Its a great Experience. I really hope someday coursera can make transfer credit system with university in my country (Indonesia). Learning different things from different culture is something new for person like me.

By Ang K

I have learnt new essentials on how one could establish their own business and how we can all play a part in 'creating value' and 'make this world a better place' for everyone. Truly eye-opening, thank you so much!

By Aboluwade J

Jun 21, 2020

Sincerely, I would have never thought of gaining these business skills from a 4 week course. It was well delivered and really full of how and what business should look like. I am glad to learn from this great man!

By Fabiana P

Very interesting and engaging course, also very well-taught. It truly was a pleasure to follow the professor's explanations, he managed to show his passion for the topics in each video. 100% would follow it again!

By Vishal k

May 07, 2020

It was totally so excited experience which was out of the world for me it was really worth for it and I get all the tools to become a entrepreneur thank you so much respected professor and the Virginia University.

By Marco A J M

Apr 29, 2020

Very clear and straightforward, i would recommend this course to every entrepreneur even more to the young ones like me, so we can all make a good change in this world and in society that needed more than ever !

By Erica P

Jun 25, 2020

Professor Freeman is a really great speaker and was very inspiring. His passion is felt through the screen. It was also beneficial to have interviews with entrepreneurs of some big corporations in the lessons.

By David J E P

Jul 04, 2020

This is a great course that changes the feeling that business is for the wily to the feeling that business is in fact, an essential way to impose the change that society and the environment are yearning for.

By Ana B D P S B

Apr 03, 2020

The professor speaks really well and have total dominance of the subject. The classes are short and dynamic, really makes you think about how you can make the world a better place with new businesses models.

By Jamshed A S

Jun 25, 2020

Excellent course! Prof. Freeman is a simply an outstanding teacher. Thoroughly enjoyed the course despite having a doctorate in Business Management. The course was much more value than the time it demanded.

By Saranphon H

Jun 10, 2020

Since I have studied in business school, this course is really useful to see the new models of business that are different from traditional textbooks. The contents are easy to understand for all learners.

By Akarsh P S T

Apr 30, 2020

Great course. The explanation is really good. Various points are covered related to the current scenario of business and what is important to bring an effective change in the current scenario of business.

By R G

Aug 28, 2020

I;m very much thankful to coursera that they provided this course free of charge . I'm requesting coursera to provide more valuable courses certificate free ,that will be great help of yours. thank you

By Nandakumar

Jul 12, 2020

A mind-blowing journey, very enterprising to think that the values of right principles in life been beautifully incorporated in a course of study, very encouraging experience for the right entrepreneurs.

By KAZI A U

Jul 02, 2020

I have just completed my under-graduation in Computer Science & Engineering. But by taking this course i have learned so many things that i can apply in my near future. Thank you Sir for you cooperation.

By Trương H N

Jul 14, 2020

This fantastic course has already, literally, blown me away about coming up with new business models which both help us make money and create value for stakeholders sticking around our business purpose.