Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

LM

Sep 23, 2019

I really liked the peer reviews at the end. It was a great way to view other examples of how different projects, industries, and teams have used design thinking. The course was easy to follow as well.

CA

Jun 17, 2017

great course , i am grateful to Coursera and everyone at Darden who helped develop this course.\n\ni really enjoyed the course. best wishes to all . keep up the great work!!!! God bless all of you!!!

151 - 175 of 1,077 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By ERDEM M

Nov 30, 2018

Hi there,

I am very grateful to have attended this program because it contains a very inspiring and mind-blowing curriculum. As I attended classes, my awareness of the subject increased much more.

By Shaneen S

Aug 08, 2018

I enjoyed the ability to learn at my own pace and time. The videos, transcripts and resources are excellent. I highly recommend this course for Public Servants who deliver services or products.

By Paul D B

Dec 06, 2015

A very interesting course, with lots of good content. I am excited to learn more now about design thinking. The video featuring Dr. Hess was hilarious! I would love to take a course with him!

By Ashok K P

Apr 23, 2019

This course has been really helpful for me , mainly I like about the way mindmapping of customers has been explained , also I liked the learning launch tool, when time and cost is constraint

By Kutloano

Oct 30, 2017

This course has helped to unlock my true potential as a UX Designer. It will help me for many years to come.Especially in an increasingly changing world where we have to do more with less.

By Iva M

Jan 24, 2017

Really helped me to gain another perspective on different solutions and how thinking out of the box, and even in the box but from another perspective may be very productive and innovative.

By Xavi S

May 04, 2017

It was an excellent course to dive into Design Thinking and creativity. I'm more than satisfied about it and I'd love to enrol in courses that brings DT and creativity to the next level!

By Greg H

Dec 12, 2017

I really enjoyed this course! It's informative, insightful and focused on practical application. It will definitely help me inspire deeper application of design thinking within my firm.

By Shailesh G

Sep 13, 2017

It was a great experience while learning using coursera. The course I'd taken is nicely designed and I enjoyed all over. Thank you so much for providing this learning opportunity. Best!

By Diana H

Feb 13, 2020

I was very happy with my experience with the course. The information and videos taught me a lot about design thinking and the writing assignment was a great way assess that knowledge.

By Vijay R

Jul 31, 2017

This course gave me an opportunity to learn 'practical' Design Thinking directly from the inspiring teacher/professor , Jeanne Liedtka with very engaging course videos and exercises.

By Alejandro A L

May 07, 2018

It was an amazing experience. Very happy with it. Very well designed, and top quality in terms of content and - specially - technology. Applicability is high. I am totally satisfied

By Juanita B

Aug 22, 2018

The course includes several tools to implement the design thinking approach. Also gives some example on how big companies have resolved their own strategic problems using this tool

By claudio y

Jul 25, 2019

Muy buen curso con conceptos muy simples y faciles de implementar y que te entrega herramientas concretas para poder desarrollar una forma de pensar para prepararte para innovar.

By Mate B

Apr 02, 2020

I have learned a lot of useful and inspirational information with regards to design thinking. I am certain that I will be using most of the content from the course.

Thanks a lot.

By Hamsa P S

Jun 12, 2018

I've learned a lot of different techniques and gained perspective through this course that no other content on internet could provide me. This course is "Impact delivered"

By Rhema B D P

Aug 17, 2019

I love the methodology that was taught in this course, even the reading list is robust and complimentary. It's actionable and very relevant in today's business landscape.

By Jaime A P J

Aug 19, 2018

This course is very enlightening. It is able to tackle what we need to know about design thinking for innovation. The video lectures and resources are very comprehensive.

By Edward S

May 31, 2017

This was such a great course and introduction to Design Thinking. Was fantastic and well structured course which was easy to work through and apply to the end assignment.

By Ankush V

Sep 14, 2017

Interesting course! I had certain idea about design thinking prior to taking this course however this added the much needed value to my knowledge! Very much recommended!

By Sampanna K

Jul 28, 2017

Thank you for conducting such a meaningful course. It was a good learning and has inspired me to start practice design thinking in rigorously to solve many unmet needs.

By Ali T J

Dec 24, 2019

Excellent course, great start and an eye opener to innovation, how to make it the right way and how to avoid the common mistakes and get acquainted with it. Thanks. Ali

By Akinbisola B A

Jan 12, 2020

This course has opened my mind to creative thinking, believing in the act of process that it is fine to fail cause there are chances to succeed after a failed attempt.

By Clarin P D

Jul 23, 2019

A really informative course, helps you in the long run. Do check it out. Final assignment was an excellent way to effectively put the various techniques learnt to use.

By Flavia V

Aug 05, 2018

O curso ajuda a entender como o design thinking e a abordagem orientada à solução de problemas pode nos ajudar a pensar em soluções focadas na necessidade do cliente.