Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

LM

Sep 23, 2019

I really liked the peer reviews at the end. It was a great way to view other examples of how different projects, industries, and teams have used design thinking. The course was easy to follow as well.

CA

Jun 17, 2017

great course , i am grateful to Coursera and everyone at Darden who helped develop this course.\n\ni really enjoyed the course. best wishes to all . keep up the great work!!!! God bless all of you!!!

76 - 100 of 997 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Ricardo V

Jun 13, 2019

Design thinking really drives you to the process of asking better questions, to challenge status quo and have a different perspectives of common problems and how to solve them. have a huge respect and admiration for Professor Jeanne Liedtka and Ed Hesse. Thank you.

By Kerolles F H

Sep 29, 2019

This course made me know the secret of the success of the greatest companies, this secret is the design thinking and a lot of tools used together with visualization and storytelling and mental maps .. I am grateful to Coursera and for this course and instructors

By Rupal P

Nov 11, 2018

Its an excellent course for beginner. Also being in community makes it interacting. I would recommend every financial professional to also develop critical thinking through design thinking process. The course is well explained with some very good case studies.

By David H

Jan 04, 2017

The lecture videos move very fast at times but the information is concise and useful. The professor uses lots of examples to illustrate each of the topics covered and helps facilitate the students in adapting the concepts into their own lives and experiences.

By Christopher A

Sep 07, 2016

This as been one of the most rewarding MOOCs I have taken, and I can't recommend it enough . ‎Professor Jeanne Liedtka totally demystified the design thinking process, and tools, and made it very accessible. Thank you Coursera, thank you ‎Professor Liedtka.

By VIJAY A S

Feb 17, 2018

It was an excellent course and opened up lot of ideas on Design Thinking. The real time case studies and the way people solved their problems through design thinking is an excellent motivation to take up design thinking seriously

Dr. V. Vijay Anand Sriram

By Ajay M

Oct 21, 2019

It is an excellent course for everyone to bring in innovation and creativity into their work by following certain basic principles and approach. The course is well designed and the assignment really makes you use the learnings holistically. Thank you !!

By Alicia B

Apr 23, 2019

This is a super relevant course across all industries and I really loved the different use cases used as examples. I thought the content and delivery was top notch and really appreciated the feedback shared by my virtual class. Thanks Professor Liedtka!

By Juan C B

Jul 12, 2017

Although I would have loved to see more about each part of the Design Thinking process, this course gave me a very useful insight to further study Design Thinking. Moreover, it helped me start off the purpose of a business endeavor with friends of mine.

By Soundarya S

Mar 20, 2019

This Course is the best ! I would strongly recommend this course for developing their skills in this 21st century . I thank Prof.Jeanne Liedtka and university of Virginia Darden school of business for creating such a useful course . Thank you so much .

By Aysin K

Sep 19, 2016

Although I did the free version, I have to say that it is a super easy, well laid out introduction to design thinking... Makes you buy lots of books and go in to researching the tools though :-)

Thanks! I will definitely come back for certification...

By Kevin H

Apr 12, 2017

I have been looking for a Design Thinking course for quite a while and I have taken some other courses already. This course if what I was looking for, as it provides high quality content with created by experts in the field that is usable right away!

By Matthias G

Nov 24, 2016

The course content and material was very well put together and enabled a well paced learning within the provided duration. However I'd suggest that the assignment gets some more information early on as if it is left too late the time may be limited.

By Alejandra O

Jul 19, 2016

Me gusto mucho el curso ya que ademas de la parte teórica, se enriquece el contenido con casos de éxito, testimoniales de expertos y otros recursos que le dan dinámica al curso. Los facilitadores hacen una buena labor cumpliendo las expectativas.

By Su S M

Oct 25, 2016

I learn so much and how the video lectures are presented really break it down very easy to understand. I find the information very useful to my own entrepreneurship and design thinking processes. I feel ready to try out some of these steps soon.

By Carlton Y

May 25, 2017

The content kept my attention! It's important to take good notes and revisit some of the course material for your own self-growth and knowledge. I completed early and was very fulfilled with the subject mater. I would definitely recommend this!

By Luis G O R

Aug 24, 2019

Excellent course. It gave me the tools to better understand techniques and tools to address every day problems on a work environment. Congratulations to all the professors and teachers who gave their time to put together this course.

Thank you!

By Jorge A B G

Mar 17, 2018

It was a very nice and interesting experience, and a proper beginning for me to study Design Thinking. I agree with the students who want another version of this course, with more advanced concepts and applications.

Thanks a lot! I enjoyed.

By Anah V

Jul 22, 2017

This is a great course! I'm two weeks down and am already able to apply what I've learnt. The course breaks down complicated topics to easily process able bits and pieces. Jeanne is a great teacher and has good clarity in explaining things.

By Luis D R

Dec 11, 2017

Through simple insights, real life examples and great visualization tools, this course offers in a few weeks enough material to change your perspective about alternative ways to tackle big and small scale problems. I'd recommend to anyone.

By Martin K M

Feb 12, 2019

Design Thinking for Innovation is one challenging course but when you get to understand it it is one course that gets you thinking on your own accord. I myself had been stuck in analysis paralysis until Coursera gave me this opportunity.

By Bryan A L J

Sep 21, 2019

el curso es super interesante, son vídeos cortos y se te pasa super rápido el tiempo mirándolos ademas que la estructura de coursera te hace sentir como que vas subiendo de nivel completando objetivos y te animas a seguirle, me gusta :)

By Dovie M C

May 09, 2018

This is a great course and I learned a lot from it. However lectures are already outdated. My suggestion for the University of Virginia is to update their lectures for I saw in one of the clips that the lectures are dated way back 2010.

By Vineeth K

Feb 25, 2019

Learnt a lot about Design Thinking! The practical assignment in the 5th week helped me reinforce the material I learnt in the course. Thank you University of Virginia and Coursera for giving me an opportunity to learn Design Thinking!

By Felipe M

Aug 28, 2019

Great course. It really helped me understand the importance of design thinking and how it can be applied to avoid rework and achieve great results with team collaboration. Thanks a lot Coursera and University of Virginia for this.