Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

LM

Sep 23, 2019

I really liked the peer reviews at the end. It was a great way to view other examples of how different projects, industries, and teams have used design thinking. The course was easy to follow as well.

MV

Dec 01, 2016

As a design manager I should say this course actually opened my eyes to a new world. I hope be able to make good changes in my world by using this knowledge more and more in my life. Thanks to All :)

1001 - 1025 of 1,051 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By VERONICA B H

Nov 01, 2016

I would appreciate more practical cases with the detailed methodology that were applied. Also I will love external resources to study and examples of design thinking applied in different types of industries

By Shrinivas

Dec 01, 2019

The course, although is good for anyone who wants to take a step towards design thinking, but more examples, theory and detailing can make it better and help us retain and apply the learnings.

By Alessandra M

Jan 06, 2017

The content is very interesting and I learned a lot about Design Thinking. However, the lecturer sounds like she's reading the text, which sometimes makes it hard to focus on what she's saying.

By Dmitry A

Feb 05, 2018

This might have been a great course, if it was called Design Thinking 101. Somehow I expected more of content, frameworks and details. More engagement like assignments would also be great.

By Simon C

Aug 05, 2017

The first few modules where the basics are covered are much more useful than the final modules, where things felt more like promotional vehicles for their books and services.

By Penny P

Apr 01, 2017

This course provides a good understanding of the DT steps with concrete application examples. However, it requires additional readings to be able to apply this learning

By Bianca G

Jul 04, 2018

Good course to provide a good understanding of what is design thinking and its process, but doesn't give us practical experience and cases for testi

By Felipe A C

Nov 27, 2015

The course is pretty uneventful. I have done some courses from other universities, which are more interactive and fun. But the content is great!

By Shubham K S

Aug 30, 2018

I wish the subject was bit more clear. I felt i lost direction in between the lectures about the main goal of the lecture.

By Giulianno C C

Feb 11, 2016

Great materials, great learning system! I could get some inspiration and learning, but i thought it was to short.

By Felipe M

Nov 05, 2016

Could be less generic! The exemples are a little bit abstract, not much hands on or practical.

By Arren A

Oct 28, 2019

No supplemental materials like PDF and downloadable illustrations in image format

By Gyr M

Jan 25, 2017

The course is made for managers who want to get on the innovation wagon.

By Jacques H

Jun 27, 2017

GOOD but they should add more assignments to allow us to practice

By Marina D

Jan 22, 2018

Too much theory, too little practice. Very repetitive and slow.

By Javier C

Oct 03, 2016

This course starts quite well but it´s awful at finish

By MARIA T

Dec 10, 2019

falta que todo el curso este subtitulado en español

By Fabienne L

Feb 10, 2016

A very well-done introduction to Design Thinking

By Diego V V

May 01, 2018

Need more hands on activities and samples

By Venkat S

Feb 21, 2019

Too dry. Needs quizzes in between too

By Fernando S

Oct 05, 2018

N

By Sean S

Nov 15, 2017

Could have been better. I learned some of the basics of Design Thinking. The best parts were the Case Studies that were presented. They were interesting and showed the benefit of using Design Thinking. The parts with the most opportunity for improvement were the final exam and cutting out some of the pontificating guests speakers from industry or other schools that really added nothing to the course.

The final exam was not clear to me on the expectations and is really not practical. It was unclear to me whether we were supposed to use a Design Thinking Tool on a problem we were facing, or to share where we used it in the past, or to reflect on how we could have used in the past? Using on a current problem isn't practical, would take too much time, and it would need to be dumbed down to the point no confidential details are being shared. If the assignment was to share where we used in the past, I wouldn't be taking the course as I would already have experience with Design Thinking Tools. I chose to reflect on how I could have used DT tools on a past problem for the final exam. Clarifying the approach in the final exam or changing it completely is recommended.