Back to Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals by University of Virginia

Not so long ago, the job of product manager was about assessing market data, creating requirements, and managing the hand-off to sales/marketing. Maybe you’d talk to a customer somewhere in there and they’d tell you what features they wanted. But companies that manage product that way are dying. Being a product person today is a new game, and product managers are at the center of it. Today, particularly if your product is mostly digital, you might update it several times a day. Massive troves of data are available for making decisions and, at the same time, deep insights into customer motivation and experience are more important than ever. The job of the modern product manager is to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all the actors involved in product success. It’s not a simple job or an easy job, but it is a meaningful job where you’ll be learning all the time. This course will help you along your learning journey and prepare you with the skills and perspective you need to: Create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product (week 1) Focus your work using modern product management methods (week 2) Manage new products and explore new product ideas (week 3) Manage and amplify existing products (week 4) This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today's modern product management methods. This course was developed with the generous support of the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

LK
Jun 24, 2018

I enjoyed this course very much! This course helped me ground myself in some of the core principles of product management and I'm confident that I will take what I've learned and put it into practice.

JB
May 19, 2019

I liked the course content, even though i do not work - yet - with product. It gave me a good overview of what to expect in the near future, when i expect to be able to put the knowledge into action.

126 - 150 of 955 Reviews for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

By Krishan M

Apr 17, 2019

Excellent course for existing product manager or aspiring product manager. Very useful for entrepreneurs. A large number of startups fail due to not having a clear understanding of the customer needs and this course has very detailed, action oriented approach to achieve this aspect.

By Vijayvenkatesh S

Mar 31, 2020

This course has a very nice blend of latest PM practices including Data science, design thinking and Agile. The examples are very insightful and having Enable Quiz case study run through entire set of topics is very useful. Thank you Alex Cowan for very wonderful insights.

By priyank a

Jan 17, 2019

This course is blessing. Professor Alex has put a very informative course. To give a particular example, the business model canvas is super efficient over pages long B-Plans. Even though I don't write a B-Plan but I do have read them and I can already see its effectiveness.

By Matthew M

Dec 4, 2020

Good course, occasionally repetitive if you do the full Specialization. But overall I learned a lot. I have recommended it to colleagues.

Not related to the course but Coursera needs to find a way to stop abuse - people copying work or submitting very low-quality content.

By Javier S S M

Aug 7, 2020

Muy buen acercamiento a la gestión de productos y a los diferentes contextos en los que se puede crear o potenciar un producto. Se valoran mucho los videos con experiencias reales y aplicadas de los invitados y ex-alumnos de Darden y la interacción con Alex. Recomendado!

By Antonio M

Sep 28, 2019

AS a Product Manager, I'm finding the structure, content and frameworks used in this course of the utmost quality. They are having a direct impact in how I manage my products development, stake holders relations and hoy I relate with the rest of the team.

THANKS!!!!!!!

By Kevin G

Feb 8, 2018

Great course for overview of Product Management. You can download the videos to take with you and watch while commuting. The exercises and quizzes stimulate thought and desire for continued learning. The course also contains links to other resources for deeper learning.

By Ruben R

Sep 17, 2020

Great course, among the best I have taken. Very well planed and clear way of explaining what a PM is, how he/she interacts within an organization, which should be his/her objectives and mindset and which tools he/she could use to achieve success. Congratulations Alex!

By Svitlana H

Jan 24, 2021

It was an amazing journey. I highly recommend taking this course to people who want to gain theoretical knowledge and practical skills at Digital Product Management. Alex Cowan provides a bunch of practical examples on the course that makes it easily understandable.

By sholitha A

Oct 7, 2020

I like the way the course syllabus is structured. Alex has made the course interesting by giving examples and talked about practical issues one might face. The interviews with the practitioners gave a real time understanding of the challenges and tips one can follow.

By sanket p

Apr 1, 2018

Very good course to beginners in Product Management, I am a Digital marketing professional who just jumped into this domain and this course is helping me amazingly to be very effective during our meetings and staying at next level while application of Fundamentals.

By Adebayo J

Jan 31, 2021

Wow! such an amazing course. I was really fascinated by the teaching style of Alex. It kept me glued to the course throughout the learning experience. I had a great time interacting with this learning content. A big thank you to Alex for this beautiful experience.

By Ed G

Jun 28, 2020

Simply packed with useful information and resources. I am NNOT a product manager but I work with a team of them every day and my ability to speak their language and contribute to their work has been significantly elevated. Thank you so much for inviting me!

By Nicole P

Jan 3, 2021

Alex Cowan did a fantastic job at keeping the fluidity to of the course natural and engaging. I felt like I had a good grasp of the various concepts and strategies discussed throughout the course, as well as an understanding of how I can apply them to my company.

By Yonathan S

Dec 16, 2020

Nice Course! In my experience with a hands on product and developing organization, this course has provide me a great roadmap and skills on how to setup an organizations in journey developing products. yes it's a journey.. Thank you Alex, all Guests and Coursera!

By Jatin M

Jun 29, 2020

this course give a very good insight of what a PM is, the role of PM , agile method and various methods to implement to bring out good results about the product that you are designing. this course helps us to understand the point of user, the importance of user.

By Christopher R

Dec 3, 2018

Excellent course, learned a LOT and enjoyed doing it. Love the testimonials that backup the learning from the lectures and the approach the instructor took with the course. Would definitely recommend for anyone wanting to get into the Product Management space.

By Simon H

Oct 16, 2019

Excellent course for even a highly experience product manager as myself. Alex talks simply, and relates well to real world scenarios. The sample company Enable Quiz really helped bring home validating ideas and other parts of the course to a fictional business.

By Rahul D

Apr 8, 2018

Excellent course to understand the fundamentals of Product Management and also how to go about building a new or enhanced product. Interviews with experienced Product Managers help to understand the topics as practical implementations instead of just in theory.

By Wrath_Of_God

Jun 10, 2019

It is a brilliant course. It has been well structured by the faculty. It brought along a wide canvas of knowledge and stood up to my expectations. I would recommend this course to people willing to get through the fundamentals of the Product Management sphere.

By Kalyanakrishnan S I

Feb 26, 2021

Extremely descriptive and full of live examples and case studies, this is perfect for anybody who is starting out to explore this area. The instructor is well versed and has structured the course to tailor the needs that I was looking for. Much recommended.

By Sandra C

Sep 26, 2020

Excellent! Extremely useful and relevant with lots of great ideas to apply easily. Alex Cowan is an amazing trainer and speaker. I also appreciated a lot the interviews with Product managers sharing their real experiences. I highly recommend this course!

By Rebecca G

Jul 6, 2019

The content was easy to digest and understand in small bits. It made it easy to listen to the lessons when I had time. The quiz responses to incorrect answers were set up well. Instead of providing the correct answer I was told which video to watch again.

By Prashanth J R

Nov 15, 2020

#Desirability Does the customer need it? #Feasibility: Can we build it? #Viability Can we make money out of it? #Work_together How do we want to work together differently. Thank you for this awesome training. I just loved it and will try to implement it.

By Emerson Q

May 5, 2020

Fast-paced but highly informative and well taught... Alex is a dynamic and interesting professor that helps to make the learning process easy. Love the 1-on-1 interview with field experts and the practical advice that came out of the "Top 3" questions.